Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton sign 18 y/0 Jensen Weir from Wigan. Has featured for both the Scottish and English youth teams over his international career. Potter seems to think highly of him which is a good sign.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Boubacar Fofana, highly touted OL youngster, has asked to leave Lyon. He never got a fair chance this year.
Garcia on a roll.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It would've been stupid for him to not play with PSG or inside France this year. He can't move to another country for another full season. Losing a year of development sitting out because you can't yet play for the team you are signing with rarely works.

The real question will be what he does when he turns 18 in 2023, if he's still good and clubs around Europe want to sign him. If he's not playing by then, he might try to leave. He's already shown that he's willing to make demands of the club.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah, he could have moved at age 16. Like many have.

He's 15. He turns 16 in May. If he agrees to a deal with another club, he's sitting out a full season until he's turns 16 in May. PSG's not using him with their teams if he tells them he's gone in a year. And he's not allowed to do anything more than sporadic training periods and playing in exhibition games at the club he signs with outside of France until he turns 16.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No he's not.
He can wait nicely until he's close to 16 and move and not announce anything before. Many players have done it.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Karamoko Dembele scored his first senior goal in a Celtic friendly against Hibs yesterday. He looks like he will get a fair amount of games this year. 17 years old now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karamoko Dembele scored his first senior goal in a Celtic friendly against Hibs yesterday. He looks like he will get a fair amount of games this year. 17 years old now.
Feels like he's been talked about forever already. Hope he turns good; it's a lot of pressure for a young kid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Curtis Jones named 2019/20 PL2 Player of the Season

Liverpool’s top prospect. Has scored in the PL and Domestic Cups in limited first team minutes this season. Club changing his kit number from 48 to 17 next season.

Neco Williams and Harvey Elliott should both figure into more first team minutes as well.

Two midfielders to keep an eye on. Leighton Clarkson (more of a 6) and Jake Cain (more of an 8)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Came here to post about Jones winning the Player of the Season also. Yeah, he's a gem. He doesn't get talked about with the likes of Foden, Greenwood and co. but he's in that bracket.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mentioned Jones recently and got no responses from anyone.

Kid is a complete baller. I know little about him, but every time I see him play he stands out.

I like Williams, as well. Liverpool knows what they’re doing with those two players. They might not get the same plaudits for their academy as the famous United or Chelsea academies, but TAA, Jones and Williams in a four year span of age groups is very good.

Can Jones play in the forward positions or is he only a central midfielder? It might make sense to play him as the main alternative to the starting front three next season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe he will be talked in that bracket when he proves he can do what Greenwood has.

Foden is exceptional IMO
I don’t really like comparing midfielders to strikers. Greenwood has a very high ceiling I think he’s probably the best prospect in England right now.
Foden is exceptional as well, and he has a ton of hype, but Jones has a very similar skill set and position versatility. The highest difference is that this was Jones first season where he was physically ready. He might still need to put some weight on, but even as recent as last season he was a rail. Midfield is a tough place for minutes to come by at LFC right now, but I think he gets some burn at LW next season too; which is also what you can say for Foden.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Foden is suffering from the ridiculous depth that City has at AM, with David Silva and Sane gone that should open some more time for him

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I suspect Foden will get more time than Jones next season but he's also a year older, though to be perfectly honest I wouldn't be surprised if Jones does end up getting the same amount of play given what he's shown already at the senior level. I already prefer him to Ox, and with the injury issues that run through this midfield (Hendo, Ox, Keita) the opportunity might be there, especially since he can play across the attacking strata as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don’t know him but apparently has been known about in Poland since he was 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad