So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You prove my point, demonstrating that these sort of questions aren't "questions" at all, since there is only one right answer, the one that agrees with you.
It agrees with me because it's factually correct...

You wouldn't say me asking someone "Is the Sun hotter than this bowl of soup?" is unfair because "there's only one right answer, the one that agrees with you". It's a perfectly fair question and it's up to the person answering to be honest or not. If anything the real question being asked is "is the person answering willing to admit something or not?"... and if the answers "no" - as it appears to be here - then that's not someone it's possible to have a real discussion with. If we can't even agree on the basics then there's no way to find common ground further on.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You prove my point, demonstrating that these sort of questions aren't "questions" at all, since there is only one right answer, the one that agrees with you.

If one was asked, "Is water wet?", there would only be one correct answer- yes. That in and of itself, does not invalidate the question. The question could be made more complicated, what state is the water in, gas, liquid, solid, but then all of those different physical manifestations have different names, and the one inquired upon, water, is a liquid, which is wet.

If there is only one conceivable correct answer, try going the other way and put forth a reasonable/acceptable reply as to why that is. Or, if you comprehend that there is only one right answer, and that it does not support your stance, say as such.

Edit: Ninja'd by Striiker

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't want to have a discussion, you just want to assimilate me.

images

Reactions: JXC

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You don't want to have a discussion, you just want to assimilate me.

images

Eh, not assimilation, more like deletion. Delete the faulty stances, taeks, defences and whatever is left is fine. I disagree with my friend about Gudas being a goon, but we still talk Flyers hockey and enjoy convo. It is nigh impossible to enjoy anything with you regarding the Flyers. Why are you ruining a good time for so many with bad opinions/analysis/taeks/etc.?

Reactions: kelmitchell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes, they want me to assimilate, join the hive mind, become a borg.

I don't have to be told that we have a bunch of mediocre veterans.
I can reasonably disagree that RIGHT NOW our inexperienced kids or smurf defenseman are better in certain situations.
I've said repeatedly I don't like ANY of our options other than G, Couts, and Provorov at the end of games.
From my perspective, that's not being contrarian, that's just common sense.

The bias isn't mine, but those who want to critique every HC decision because they've decided he's a horrible coach so there can be no logic behind his decisions.
I'm not a Hakstol "fan," I just see no evidence of gross incompetence when you look at the only true measurement of a coach:

"You are what your record says you are"

Well, a mediocre roster will end up with 96-98 points and a playoff berth
(I know it's mediocre b/c y'all tell me that Lehtera, Filppula, Weal, Weise, Read, Manning, Hagg, MacDonald, Gudas shouldn't be on the roster, that Simmonds is mediocre, etc. - and that's half the freakin' team!).

What is the record of all the amateurs posting here?

Reactions: JXC and hatcher

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Better to keep plugging MacDonald and Manning in late games than to try something else. To continually try and shove a square peg in a round hole is a bad idea. That's basically what you're stating is acceptable.

"You are what your record says you are" is such a terrible take on things. Its basically absolving yourself of any sort of ability to improve and continually throwing out the same bad players because "our record says we are a bad team". Konecny being on the 4th line is a fine example of why this team missed out on points. Once he was prompted to the first line this team started scoring more but I'm sure you'll chalk that up to magic Hakstol dust.

Reactions: Ruck Over

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

I can reasonably disagree that RIGHT NOW our inexperienced kids or smurf defenseman are better in certain situations.
I've said repeatedly I don't like ANY of our options other than G, Couts, and Provorov at the end of games.

The bias isn't mine, but those who want to critique every HC decision because they've decided he's a horrible coach so there can be no logic behind his decisions.
I'm not a Hakstol "fan," I just see no evidence of gross incompetence when you look at the only true measurement of a coach:

(I know it's mediocre b/c y'all tell me that Lehtera, Filppula, Weal, Weise, Read, Manning, Hagg, MacDonald, Gudas shouldn't be on the roster, that Simmonds is mediocre, etc. - and that's half the freakin' team!).

And still, failing to answer Beef's question we now revert to dramatics and creative writing. Pages of this thread wasted bc he won't answer one question - just 1!

The dramatics and accusations are easier, right? If you are indeed a lawyer, I stand pat on my constitutional lawyer theory but perhaps change it to a professor - a professor of constitutional law.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

If you realized how bad they were you wouldn't be defending them over the better alternatives.
Not the situations we're talking about.

You not liking any option doesn't excuse him picking the worst ones.
You can't admit he's done anything wrong and defend literally every move he makes, even when it's clearly wrong. That's bias.

At least others, like myself, have been able to give him credit for things when he deserves it.
I'm not a Hakstol "fan," I just see no evidence of gross incompetence
Then you're blind.

By that logic, the quality of coaches would be determined by exclusively looking at the end results of the team, instead of what they actually did.

AKA the Jack Adams Award automatically goes to the Cup winning coach.

Which means you think there was a year when Dan Bylsma was the best hockey coach in the world...

See how stupid that sounds?
Because the top guys are dominant and outplay the coaches mistakes.
Appeal to authority as a cherry on top.

Boy oh boy what a horrible post.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Patrick is not "fine." His skating is much improved, but the inability to work out for two summers clearly impacted his strength and stamina.
And tired players are more likely to get injured.

What exactly are we playing for this year? To scrape through a 1st rd to get blown out in a 2nd round?
Not worth risking the health of a potential franchise player by driving him into the ice.

If it's impacted him so much then why has he gotten better as the season goes on? Your assertions make no sense.

It's ok to realize you're wrong and reassess instead of doubling down, you know.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is no contradiction between Patrick's skating getting better as he recovers from the surgery and lacking strength and stamina because he hasn't worked out for two summers (which is when players in today's game do their serious conditioning work, players lose weight and strength as the season progresses because of practice, traveling, games).

The NHL season is a grind, doubly so for a player who can't prepare for the season because he's recovering from surgery, and more so for a 19 year old who is still growing into his body. Limiting the workload on a young player who never was able to get into top shape is just common sense, especially when his playing style involves physical play.

Reactions: JXC

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The time to limit his playing time is when he starts showing signs of being overworked, not before.

Otherwise you'll never know how much he can/should play.

Fact is, he's already one of our best players and without a doubt better than Filppula and Lehtera in all 3 zones.

There's no excuse for how Hakstol is using him and I guarantee you he isn't benching him because he wants to limit his minutes because of his health. He legitimately believes Filppula and Lehtera are better. Health/conditioning isn't an excuse for how he misuses TK, Ghost, Lindblom, or Sanheim either. He's just a stupid human being.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Why do you even bother coming to a message board if you refuse to interact with the people who post on it? If having to answer a yes or no question that responds to what you say is enough to cause you existential message board assimilation anxiety, maybe it's time to take a break from HFboards.

I mean, you accuse us of being an echo chamber, but then you trumpet your opinions in every thread, we challenge you to back them up, THEN you start claiming we're trying to assimilate you. You love poking holes in other people's theories, but every time we question you, you take your ball and go home.

I think you would be better served just writing the things you think down on a piece of paper and sticking it on a pushpin board where you can admire it by yourself.; that seems to be what you want.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad