So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Of course they will be, especially being vet coaches.

A lot will say new systems don’t matter, but the Flyers could struggle early. We are going from no coaches to a hard ass that will demand things are done his way. AV knows he needs as much time as possible with all his top players.

There really should be a deadline by training camp for RFA deals to be done.

If the player chooses to not sign they miss a season and the team also misses the player for the whole year. I think that “punishes” both sides as equally as you might be able to find.

The NHL having its young stars miss games is bush league, and it seems Pandora’s Box has been somewhat opened. I’m not on the side of the players or owners. Just figure it out.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
There really should be a deadline by training camp for RFA deals to be done.

If the player chooses to not sign they miss a season and the team also misses the player for the whole year. I think that “punishes” both sides as equally as you might be able to find.

The NHL having its young stars miss games is bush league, and it seems Pandora’s Box has been somewhat opened. I’m not on the side of the players or owners. Just figure it out.

Agree. I tend to side with players over owners, but these kids will 3 years experience have too much power.

I do think we will see one or two Nylander this year, really hope TK isn’t one of them.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Of course they will be, especially being vet coaches.

A lot will say new systems don’t matter, but the Flyers could struggle early. We are going from no coaches to a hard ass that will demand things are done his way. AV knows he needs as much time as possible with all his top players.
agreed. TK should be there busting his ass showing his new coach what he can do. We are getting to a point, where other GOOD kids can replace guys in our lineup. We are seeing it right now with Lindblom on the RW and impressing AV. Having that flexibility is always looked in a good way by coaches.

If Farabee and Frost impress, all the sudden TK could find himself in the doghouse and not get the opportunities we think he deserves. He has no reason at all to be holding out.

Reactions: Rebels57

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Agree. I tend to side with players over owners, but these kids will 3 years experience have too much power.

I do think we will see one or two Nylander this year, really hope TK isn’t one of them.

TK shouldn’t be one of the RFA’s getting Nylander money or more.

Even though TK has been healthy and played 70, 81 and 82 games the last 3 seasons his TOI usage was more then 2 minutes less last season then the group of RFA’s that are left to sign as of beginning of 2019 training camps opening.

The previous management kept Konecny’s usage down on a contract year for a reason, to negotiate a cheaper rate.
They did Travis Konecny a disservice as far as getting paid goes.

Konecny could have been scoring at a rate like Brock Boeser or Kyle Conner but was kept down in a down season for Philadelphia in the 18-19 season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK doesn't "deserve" opportunities, like the rest of the players he needs to earn them.

He's not Couts or Giroux.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The previous management kept Konecny’s usage down on a contract year for a reason, to negotiate a cheaper rate.

This is utter BS.

What kept TK's usage down was his poor defense, which meant he was on the bench when they were ahead later in games, and his propensity for mind fart mistakes.

Any one who actually watched the games knows he was an adventure on the ice, he has a lot of skill and a lot of flaws.
Even on the forecheck, he often went for the hit rather than the puck (shades of Hagg).
TK doesn't lack for guts, he has a high motor at times, but you have to question his hockey IQ and his maturity.

And you can't blame Hakstol, his game went into the toilet when Gordon took over.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
TK shouldn’t be one of the RFA’s getting Nylander money or more.

Even though TK has been healthy and played 70, 81 and 82 games the last 3 seasons his TOI usage was more then 2 minutes less last season then the group of RFA’s that are left to sign as of beginning of 2019 training camps opening.

Konecny could have been scoring at a rate like Brock Boeser or Kyle Conner but was kept down in a down season for Philadelphia in the 18-19 season.

This is complete nonsense.

Konecny was 5th in ES TOI among all Flyers forwards last season and only behind JVR by 11 seconds for 4th most TOI. The 3 players ahead of them are our 3 best players, 28, 14, and 93. His overall TOI is around 15 min because hes not on the PK and is on PP2, where he belongs.

There was no conspiracy to "keep his ice time down to keep his contract demands down."

Reactions: Curufinwe

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This is complete nonsense.

Konecny was 5th in ES TOI among all Flyers forwards last season and only behind JVR by 11 seconds for 4th most TOI. The 3 players ahead of them are our 3 best players, 28, 14, and 93. His overall TOI is around 15 min because hes not on the PK and is on PP2, where he belongs.

There was no conspiracy to "keep his ice time down to keep his contract demands down."
For players of his same age, playing on 1st line drafted around the same time his TOI is less then Boeser, Connor, Rantanen, Laine and Tkachuk.

If Konecny had the same time they did he wouldn’t a 49 point player he’d be a 60 point player like Conner.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For players of his same age, playing on 1st line drafted around the same time his TOI is less then Boeser, Connor, Rantanen, Laine and Tkachuk.

If Konecny had the same time they did he wouldn’t a 49 point player he’d be a 60 point player like Conner.

Because all 5 of them are clearly superior players.

Konecny was 2nd time in TOI for RWs on the Flyers. Hes the 2nd best RW on the Flyers. Why is that hard for you to understand?

Reactions: Curufinwe

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Because all 5 of them are clearly superior players.

Konecny was 2nd time in TOI for RWs on the Flyers. Hes the 2nd best RW on the Flyers. Why is that hard for you to understand?
There’s only 4 RWs on the Flyers in a lineup. Doesn’t matter if he’s 1st or 4th. Also why was he demoted to the 3rd line last season for no apparent reason and everyone lost their minds on here because of it.

It’s pure BS rebels. To Hextall it was just good business. Maybe that’s another reason why he’s not here anymore.

Reactions: Larry44

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There’s only 4 RWs on the Flyers in a lineup. Doesn’t matter if he’s 1st or 4th. Also why was he demoted to the 3rd line last season for no apparent reason and everyone lost their minds on here because of it.

It’s pure BS rebels. To Hextall it was just good business. Maybe that’s another reason why he’s not here anymore.
They didn't suppress TK on purpose to get a better contract. We just had dumb coaches who made dumb decisions.

And if he wants to bet in himself, take a 2 year bridge deal. But in that time, he might also find himself with less opportunities due to better competition from within.

He just has not EARNED the right to be paid like a 60+ point guy.

Reactions: Rebels57

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
They didn't suppress TK on purpose to get a better contract. We just had dumb coaches who made dumb decisions.

And if he wants to bet in himself, take a 2 year bridge deal. But in that time, he might also find himself with less opportunities due to better competition from within.

He just has not EARNED the right to be paid like a 60+ point guy.
I agree with you that Konecny has not earned the right to be paid like a 60 point+ player and I also agree that he should take a short deal to prove he could be that type of player or not.

Konecny could be passed over as of this training camp depending on how long he stays unsigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad