So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Really makes you wonder why the **** he's even a Flyers fan at all when he hates basically everything good on this team and loves everything bad on the team.

There are a few people on this board that I wonder if they are just conflict-driven by nature; perhaps they seek to oppose as part of some sort of self fulfillment. I have to believe that because the alternative is believing there are people who are Flyers fans who: think Konecny is a 4th liner, believe Manning deserves a roster spot over some of our D prospects, think MacDonald is a solid defenseman, agree with the personnel put on the ice in critical minutes, think Lehtera is better than Laughton, think Hakstol is a great coach, etc

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or maybe there are people who cherry pick and misrepresent comments to make snarky replies because they need to overcompensate on message boards?

Reactions: JXC and hatcher

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Or maybe there are people who cherry pick and misrepresent comments to make snarky replies because they need to overcompensate on message boards?

I don't know bc I am not involved in your latest back and forth on here but there is some truth to the point that you won't answer direct questions - you circle around them.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't know bc I am not involved in your latest back and forth on here but there is some truth to the point that you won't answer direct questions - you circle around them.

There's one poster who "trolls" me with "when did you stop beating your wife" type questions - and it's pretty obvious what he's doing, so I choose to ignore his nonsense. If he wants to depose me, he can pay my hourly consulting fee.

I rarely answer direct questions with a "yes" or "no", because few issues are that simple (well, except for a certain class of people who see the world in simple terms).
People who demand that kind of response aren't interested in dialogue, they're interested in scoring points. And I don't waste my time with that nonsense.

Reactions: JXC and hatcher

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I put Deadhead on ignore, threads are much better around here.
It was great for me at first too. But it eventually got annoying as hell when you only see the posters on the other side of the argument just internet-fighting with a message board ghost instead. At least if he's unblocked you can kind of follow along a bit if you want. Either way you are f***ed.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
It was great for me at first too. But it eventually got annoying as hell when you only see the posters on the other side of the argument just internet-fighting with a message board ghost instead. At least if he's unblocked you can kind of follow along a bit if you want. Either way you are ****ed.
giphy.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It was great for me at first too. But it eventually got annoying as hell when you only see the posters on the other side of the argument just internet-fighting with a message board ghost instead. At least if he's unblocked you can kind of follow along a bit if you want. Either way you are ****ed.

I can tell by the first sentence of a post who the reply is to and then I just keep scrolling.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It must be fun to live in an echo chamber where you're essentially talking to yourself.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
It must be fun to live in an echo chamber where you're essentially talking to yourself.

Eh, for someone who just insulted the concept of direct response as simple minded, this sure feels exactly that way. No one wants an echo chamber - but being able to admit you're wrong when you are wrong goes a long way. Finding ways to dance around questions or manipulate information to match your beliefs is an easy way to frustrate people

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Beefs questions aren’t trying to catch you or score points.

They’re seriously simple questions with an obvious yes or no answer.

Not answering them is proof that you’re not willing to be honest when it comes to Hakstol.

There’s no debate that Ghost is better than MacDonald.

There’s no debate that MacDonald gets used more than Ghost at the end of games.

So the question of “is it good coaching to use worse defensemen instead of better defensemen?” is really straightforward and easy to answer.

The correct answer is “no”, but giving that simple answer is a criticism of Hakstol, which is why you refuse to answer.

MacDonald is better at blocking shots?
Well Ghost is better at getting the puck out of the zone so there are no shots.

MacDonald is better at keeping the puck along the boards?
Well Ghost is better at keeping the puck in the opponents zone.

And we could keep going with every ultra-weak MacDonald defense anyone tries to toss out there. Or use the same concept when looking at TK vs Lehtera.

Fact is, your defense is that these players are a better fit for Hakstols turtling strategy... something you guys won’t even admit exists.

Last edited:

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Yes yes yes.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Patrick is not "fine." His skating is much improved, but the inability to work out for two summers clearly impacted his strength and stamina.
And tired players are more likely to get injured.

What exactly are we playing for this year? To scrape through a 1st rd to get blown out in a 2nd round?
Not worth risking the health of a potential franchise player by driving him into the ice.
I think Patrick has looked physically strong lately.

Provorov has clearly been ground down. Same for Gudas. Filppula too, to some extent.

The others all look like they still have gas in the tank.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Provorov has been great, I'm not sure what people are watching when they question him. His takeout on MacKinnon was textbook/orgasmic. The way he charges down the middle of the ice like he's a center leading the rush and picking up assists in the Boston game was also great.

He's great.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Provorov has been great, I'm not sure what people are watching when they question him. His takeout on MacKinnon was textbook/orgasmic. The way he charges down the middle of the ice like he's a center leading the rush and picking up assists in the Boston game was also great.

He's great.

Provorov's been slightly inconsistent in his own end. He's been good-to-great in general, though. If that's his version of ground down, I'll take it.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

You consistently post wild things that are just way out in left field and refuse to admit your wrong. Then you also go to great lengths to defend your wacky disposition that Hakstol is a good coach.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Beefs questions aren’t trying to catch you or score points.

They’re seriously simple questions with an obvious yes or no answer.

You prove my point, demonstrating that these sort of questions aren't "questions" at all, since there is only one right answer, the one that agrees with you.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
You prove my point, demonstrating that these sort of questions aren't "questions" at all, since there is only one right answer, the one that agrees with you.

You could test that theory by giving the simple response to the simple question. How has that not happened yet?

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad