TV: SNL Season 48

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't Kate McKinnon used to be on this show?

She hasn’t appeared yet. I’m guessing she’s working on something else.

On another note, I think it’s time for the long serving cast members to move on and hand things over to the newer cast members. Maybe a few long serving cast members can stay, but I think it’s time for some of these people to move on.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
SNL needs a new musical act for the November 6th show.

from pagesix.com:

Ed Sheeran’s COVID-19 diagnosis has put a damper on “Saturday Night Live.”

The singer – who was scheduled to appear on the Nov. 6 show – announced via Instagram on Sunday that he tested positive for the coronavirus. Now, “SNL” producers are “scrambling” to find a replacement, Page Six has learned.

A source tells us that Sheeran, 30, will not be allowed into the US with a positive COVID-19 test. They’re looking to replace him with “another singer who appeals to the same demo,” the source says, someone like Shawn Mendes or Justin Bieber.

According to the insider, there’s also a chance “SNL” could let Sheeran perform remotely, though that has yet to be decided.

“Ed is offering to perform live via video link, but this isn’t something ‘SNL’ does,” the source told us. “The show likes to have the performer in studio.”

A rep for Sheeran did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Guy Who Just Bought a Boat is becoming my favorite recurring Weekend Update character. Obviously he's best in small doses and should only be used every other year or so, but damn does that writing make me laugh.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm a few years late, but this SNL parody makes more sense after seeing the original. And somehow the original might be more ridiculous.

The 80's was were true love started. lol
Not quite as angry but this song is truly a throw back.

Also I don't know who is responsible for all of the music parodies SNL but they need to stop. I find the majority of them terrible. That was an Andy Sandberg thing and the people trying to imitate it suck. Dick in a box was the all time best music parody in the history of the show and now they are always doing these cheap attempts to get a #1 hit. It equates to trying to bring back a character that someone else more talented created and doing a hack job on it.

The Donald Glover one was legit though because he is a singer. Funny he's better at reading lines than anyone on the in the cast. It's like he actual memorized his lines like they used to in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

This skit wasn't bad but Davidson did such a lazy attempt to do Joe Rogan. He should have done it on his knees because the guy is 6'2 and Rogan is 5'7. He should have stuffed his shirt to look like he had muscles, and use prosthesis to make his head rounder.

He is most time not very good and I think the only reason he is on the show is because of his social life and it Keeps the show relevant.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Sounds like musical guest pulled out when SNL limited her hangers on that could attend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad