TV: SNL Season 48

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

I mean, What's Up With That with Diondre Cole is one of the greatest evergreen sketches in the show's history. Plus he's had numerous solid Update appearances, with Willie (original) Big Papi and Lavar Ball (impressions), off the top of my head. What Kenan can do, which most cannot, is play supporting roles that might only have a couple lines max, and still get laughs.

A good sketch troupe needs a variety of performers. You need your big character creators and also your glue performers. How many characters did Chris Parnell create? He was one of the most invaluable cast members during his tenure, a super talented performer.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lol at all the staff protesting Dave Chappelle

You missed a good set
For me this has to do with the fact he rights his own stuff. Last time he hosted there were rumblings over the fact the writers who usually write the opening monologue were told "nay, he got it". There are 3 writers, whos only job it is to write the monologue, so I can see them having a problem and not sure how many skits he did, but he wrote or co-wrote all of them--so that cuts the writers out more.. The fact non of the actors had a problem tells me that the problem was not with his position on things but in the fact they were cut out of the writing process

when Andrew Dice Clay and Steven Seagal hosted, actors, writers and other stuff walk out in protest of those shows

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Am I the only one who thinks that Punkie Johnson adds nothing to this show?
Black, Check
Woman, Check
Lesbian, Check
not funny, Check

She brings everything she needs to the show.

For me this has to do with the fact he rights his own stuff. Last time he hosted there were rumblings over the fact the writers who usually write the opening monologue were told "nay, he got it". There are 3 writers, whos only job it is to write the monologue, so I can see them having a problem and not sure how many skits he did, but he wrote or co-wrote all of them--so that cuts the writers out more.. The fact non of the actors had a problem tells me that the problem was not with his position on things but in the fact they were cut out of the writing process

when Andrew Dice Clay and Steven Seagal hosted, actors, writers and other stuff walk out in protest of those shows
Comedians always write their own monologues.

Reactions: Elvis P

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
how about this for an idea? let chappelle do his monologue from the beginning to all the way to the end of the show. it would have been SNL's funniest 90's minutes in over 30 years.

Reactions: Elvis P

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
here is the official run time of the episode from the cold opening to the final credit

67:57 total run time

Key points
cold opening 06:40
Opening credit: 02:04
Weekend up date ran 13:33
Opening monologue ran 15:14
Black star part 04:17
Blackstar part 2 02:

total time 43:51 leaving 24:06 for total skits(-02:13 for closing credits)

got bored and looked into it and well--I would love to see what did not make the show--

For those who stuck around for the last skit--I think with a little more love that should have been the cold opening--I actually sat through the closing credits--they had to get some writers and production staff members up there to fill out the stage

and I openly admit--I did a double take when I realized Mos Def was part of Blackstar thought it was in jail for tax evasion or something

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad