Hosts and musical guests announced for the first three shows

October 1 - Miles Teller/Kendrick Lamar
October 8 - Brendan Gleason/Willow
October 15 - Megan Thee Stallion host and musical guest

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Chris Redd was fine, but he clearly didn't write / have much range in terms of characters. The cast last season was definitely crazy large, it needed to be trimmed regardless.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I like the Manning start

funny inside joke(they obviously knew) Miles Teller replaced Arnie Hammer in 3 different projects after his disgrace--I think only The Offer has come out so far

The bear sketch took long to pay off

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
This is weird. Both Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant were filming other things to kick off the last season, but both were in the opening credits. Unless Strong LITERALLY wasn't around when they filmed the credit sequence, but that'd be odd.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This is weird. Both Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant were filming other things to kick off the last season, but both were in the opening credits. Unless Strong LITERALLY wasn't around when they filmed the credit sequence, but that'd be odd.

She’s currently doing a play in L.A. so depending on when they shot it, she may not have been around.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

NBC said they filmed the opening 2 weeks ago. Strong has been in LA for 2 or 3 months

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think it is more a writing problem than anything--So far none of them have jumped out to me as anything special

Also--I think they are trying to turn Bowen Yang into the new Keenen Thompson or something

The only new cast member I’ve noticed so far is Michael Longfellow, who did something on weekend update in the season premiere. I thought he was pretty good.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Watched tonight’s show because I knew that Cecily Strong was coming back. Wasn’t bad, wasn’t great, but it’s nice to see Cecily back. She does a lot of the heavy lifting on that show.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Also, that joker sketch from last night is one of the worst sketches I’ve seen them do in a long time.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Also, that joker sketch from last night is one of the worst sketches I’ve seen them do in a long time.

There are so many people like that, which is why I enjoyed it. Simple premise, doesn't deviate, built on repetition, properly heightened.

Of the new cast members, Molly Kearney definitely had the funniest bit with the video. The other 3 have basically just done their tight-5 standup during Update, with Marcello Hernandez' bit being the only notable one. Devon Walker seems like he might be decent in sketch though. Michael Longfellow has that extremely vanilla nothingness to him that suggests he will get a lot of work in the show for reasons unknown.

All-in-all this start to the season has been better than expected so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad