TV: SNL Season 48

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Decent episode I thought.

I’ll give Chalamet credit - he really committed to it.

Sportsmaxx might have been my favourite skit.

Yeah, it was nothing special. Chalamet did just fine. I can’t get into Bruce Springsteen’s music. And why do they need 4 guitar players? Weekend update was good with Kate and Melissa.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am not the biggest Davidson fan but the "Stu" sketch from last week may be one of my favorite SNL sketches in the past couple of years. It was brilliant, hilarious and so close to Stan that it was funny but recognizable. Kudos to SNL and Pete on that one. Brilliant.
Anyone know where I could find this video?

I absolutely loved it, but accidentally deleted it off my PVR. :banghead:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Melissa Villasenor is one of the most talented cast members they've had in years and she barely gets used.

She should get more time for sure. She does great impressions. I think at least one female cast member moves on at seasons end. Maybe Aidy Bryant. That should open up more time for Melissa, Chloe and Heidi.

Reactions: Cold Cat

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Melissa Villasenor is one of the most talented cast members they've had in years and she barely gets used.

My issue with her is that she's principally a celebrity impressionist and she only has that one voice and expression that she uses for all other sketches.

She just doesn't have the presence and range of characters that someone like Cecily Strong or Kate MacKinnon has.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah, it was nothing special. Chalamet did just fine. I can’t get into Bruce Springsteen’s music. And why do they need 4 guitar players? Weekend update was good with Kate and Melissa.
I'm just pissed Peacock isn't showing Springsteen as one of the clips. They have like 8 clips of the skits they had that episode and the monologue but no musical performance. :(

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm just pissed Peacock isn't showing Springsteen as one of the clips. They have like 8 clips of the skits they had that episode and the monologue but no musical performance. :(

Try YouTube. I think I saw the performances were uploaded on there. Hopefully they weren’t taken down.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Anyone know where I could find this video?

I absolutely loved it, but accidentally deleted it off my PVR. :banghead:

Try YouTube. I think I saw the performances were uploaded on there. Hopefully they weren’t taken down.

I just found the video I was looking for on Twitter, maybe try there.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Jim Carrey will no longer be playing Joe Biden on SNL. His choice to step down from the role. The fact he lives in LA is a big reason why he made the decision. I wonder who will take over.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Jim Carrey will no longer be playing Joe Biden on SNL. His choice to step down from the role. The fact he lives in LA is a big reason why he made the decision. I wonder who will take over.
I didn't think Carrey played him that well. He was too animated where as Biden is slow and old.

Reactions: Vaheh

Sideline

May 23, 2004
This was the first time I watched SNL in maybe 10 years. I thought Elon was pretty good. His monologue was funny and just seemed like a nice guy that didn't take himself too seriously. Not sure why he's controversial.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

This is the same columnist who wrote that Steve Rogers' legacy was in tatters because Sharon Carter was on the lam after Captain America: Civil War.

'Falcon and the Winter Soldier': Steve Rogers Really Screwed Sharon Over

It’s frankly just awful. She got in trouble in the first place because Steve asked her for help. She was in that mess because of him. And based on what we’ve seen in the movies and now, TV shows, he could not be bothered to help her out in return. And he definitely could have done so. He’s Captain America, and he just fought and won the craziest battle in the history of the world. If he had wanted Sharon pardoned, he could have gotten it without any problem.

As far as I’m concerned, the legacy of Steve Rogers is in absolute tatters right now. And I can’t imagine the rest of “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” is going to do anything to change that.

And that Walker was a good Captain America because he represents white incels and deserves to have the crap kicked out of him.

'Falcon and the Winter Soldier': The New Incel Captain America Is Perfect

But this Toxic Masculinity Captain America can’t do that. He’s freaking Captain America. He’s supposed to be the lead. He can’t take orders from these…sidekicks. Even though they’re better than him at everything. Even though they’ve actually fought superhuman folks — and worse — before. Even though they have some idea how to operate freely like this, and John Walker doesn’t. The show is called “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” but this guy thinks it should be a Captain America show.

For most of the episode, the new Captain America is just a huge clown, seething with rage about his numerous inadequacies. Like some kind of message board incel wondering when we’re finally gonna talk about MEN’s rights.

Basically he has one column that he just adapts to whatever media he's covering that is based solely on his political viewpoint.

Reactions: Korg

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
SNL has a really good cast, but it's next to impossible for it to measure up to what it was in its heyday. Just a different world we live in with online content having less restrictions on what they can do. As for Musk, it was what you'd expect. He was wooden, and not very funny. You could tell he was just trying to make sure he got the lines right and wasn't worried about delivery or anything.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
This is the same columnist who wrote that Steve Rogers' legacy was in tatters because Sharon Carter was on the lam after Captain America: Civil War.

'Falcon and the Winter Soldier': Steve Rogers Really Screwed Sharon Over

And that Walker was a good Captain America because he represents white incels and deserves to have the crap kicked out of him.

'Falcon and the Winter Soldier': The New Incel Captain America Is Perfect

Basically he has one column that he just adapts to whatever media he's covering that is based solely on his political viewpoint.

Not The Onion personified.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
First four shows have been announced

Oct 2 - Owen Wilson/Kacey Musgraves
Oct 9 - Kim Kardashian/Halsey
Oct 16 - Rami Malek/Young Thug
Oct 23 - Jason Sudeikis/Brandi Carlile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad