Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The core is about to get obliterated for sure. They made it pretty clear (even more than I expected) with their words.

Finally they're coming to their senses.
Obliterated? Mathews and Nylander won't be going anywhere and Tavares isn't tradeable.Marner is toast, Cowan will take his place. Marner should just waive after July 2nd. They won't be re signing him because they can't.

My bad on that. Yes, JT’s cap hit would make it extremely hard to do. Plus, even if he would waive his NMC which I don’t believe he would, it would be to go to a contender who, as you mentioned, would have to be able to absorb his cap hit. So either we would have to retain a chunk of that to make it possible, or else take back some of their bad contracts. Not going to happen, indeed.
You can't eat it because then you can't replace him.He should be stripped of his C and retire. Offer him a job upstairs and tell him it's over.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Hyman will never be the player he is today if he stayed in TO.

I agree he is CAPTAIN materials but I don't think guys like AM and MM will listen to him.
He would be someone great in the locker room and do bring the lead by example leadership.
In hindsight, beside never signing Marleau and also JT.
Would really kept Kadri in the fold as a 2C to play with MM. Then have Hyman on the 3rd line with another 2 way C.

Yeah, this is absolutely true. Hyman wouldn't have become the player that he is today had he stayed in Toronto. There was a clear hierarchy. Also quite true that this version of Hyman, with 20/20, would certainly be captain material. But not in his final form at Toronto - this is a fair callout.

Haha, I kind of feel like this is the impasse with Marner, but with a more mutual negative vibe to it. I really do think for his own personal and professional happiness, he'll find more fulfilment elsewhere -and Toronto will be better for it as well.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This era has no potential anymore. Not as it currently constructed with core 4. Do you think these guys are still kids?
An era should have a lot of potential left when the team's best players are in their mid-20s. That's when most teams start being competitive.
Destroying this era's potential would be a massive failure of Shanahan and Treliving.

Reactions: BallardEra

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
How many did Boston score vs Toronto?

Unlike Toronto, enough to win.

And remember, the Leafs were the #2 scoring team in the league this year and managed only 12 goals in 7 games, Boston was tied for 12th.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Unlike Toronto, enough to win.

And remember, the Leafs were the #2 scoring team in the league this year and managed only 12 goals in 7 games, Boston was tied for 12th.
Yeah, they won the series in 7 games. Do you not know the answer?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
An era should have a lot of potential left when the team's best players are in their mid-20s. That's when most teams start being competitive.
Destroying this era's potential would be a massive failure of Shanahan and Treliving.
I agree.

The line between winning and losing is such a fine one come playoff time. I remember when the Caps finally busted through against the Pens they talked to Sid and asked him what the Caps did differently.

He answered saying they didn't do anything differently than other years. He cited how sometimes it comes down to a break here and a bounce there. He wasn't discrediting the Caps in any way but saying it's very hard to win in the playoffs.

Leafs core are in their prime right now and I truly think they need the right voice to get them over that hump.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Saw this quote in the Toronto Star:

“We’re not here to sell jerseys … Good is simply not good enough,” Pelley said, suggesting another year of first-round futility could mean bigger changes.

“Brendan and Brad know what they have to do this summer, and they’re the experts at it.”

Well, if we’re counting, Shanahan has won one playoff series in 10 years as an executive. Treliving has won two.

“Experts” is as much a stretch as the contemplation of a Stanley Cup.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
First thing is ask Shanny to talk to JT to waive, then ask MM to waive.
Then trade both of them.
Calle and even Kampf is in play for the right deal.
Resign, Bert, Domi, Dewar and Boosh-coinflip on Edmundson due to his price.
Trade Gregor for late round picks.
Then go hunting for the right UFAs and trade targets.
Shanny brought JT to Toronto .. it was an inside family deal with a 25 year history .. and even then JT was back and forth between Isles and us friggin even a day before he told his uncle he was coming to us .. folks on here have no idear .. Dubie was strictly da PowerPoint guy .. there is not a chance in h*ll Shanny asks JT waive .. blood is thicker than team my friends .. what may occur is JT may go down with an injury like a bad back or concussion on Robidas island and come back for playoffs .. you guys do realize they have cottages in Muskoka almost right next to each other .. ask any of us who grew up on Hillside and played hockey/lacrosse together on da daily after St Leos .. in short it ain't happening .. JT is setup here now with his various real estate holdings, his wifes family, his family and his cottage

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Watching Florida light up Swayman is so frustrating. Even the most delusional Leaf fans who think we keep getting “goalied” year after year should find it hard to defend this team anymore.

Really hope there is a huge shakeup this off-season. Keefe is not enough. Shanahan should be gone, but hopefully he realizes he failed and will let Treliving do his thing and retool how he wants.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Watching Florida light up Swayman is so frustrating. Even the most delusional Leaf fans who think we keep getting “goalied” year after year should find it hard to defend this team anymore.

Really hope there is a huge shakeup this off-season. Keefe is not enough. Shanahan should be gone, but hopefully he realizes he failed and will let Treliving do his thing and retool how he wants.
Swayman has lost to Woll his entire life .. they have played against each other a lot .. outside of a couple nhl regular season games it is completely lopsided .. but keefer is pretty stupid in that he didn't check into da history between da 2 .. we had da better tender but he does get hurt a lot which is a problem .. and it occurred again .. Swayman is a mid tier pro tender well suited to a rotational role .. with Matty Willy and Woll healthy for da whole series we probably win 4-2 .. but bottom line Cats are flat out too good for us .. Bobbo and their D are straight up far superior and they have a big fast forechecking forward group who can cycle which is perfect for playoff hockey

Reactions: LeafEgo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Brady may not out point Marner in the regular season but he can be a beast in the playoffs. He was crushing opponents the final few games of the season I saw. Too bad Dubas is not in charge of the Sens.
Brady for Marner straight up is a steal for the Leafs…….

I’ve been a Leaf fan for a loooong time.
I will still believe it when I see it.
It took 5 years (I will start from the Montreal series) to say the right things. Let’s see if they really get it.
Talk’s cheap, let’s see if they follow through, I’m not convinced they will change much……

I’d even do Marsha Brady for Mitch
Well we could always use more snot……

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Brady for Marner straight up is a steal for the Leafs…….

Talk’s cheap, let’s see if they follow through, I’m not convinced they will change much……

Well we could always use more snot……
She has the playoff warrior look at least.
1715436231968.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

I am really happy Tre mentioned how its both lack of offense and defense that make other teams goalies look superior. He needs to get to work.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's funny how much credit these guys are getting for "saying the right things". I guess Leafs nation is desperate for anything, even if it's more over paid executives blowing smoke up our asses.

Shanahan trying not to be upstaged by Keefe, pretending he takes any responsibility is the cherry on top. If he actually believed what he was saying, he'd have resigned already instead of letting the fall guy, take the fall. The fact he is still there tells you exactly how serious these guys are.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Shanny brought JT to Toronto .. it was an inside family deal with a 25 year history .. and even then JT was back and forth between Isles and us friggin even a day before he told his uncle he was coming to us .. folks on here have no idear .. Dubie was strictly da PowerPoint guy .. there is not a chance in h*ll Shanny asks JT waive .. blood is thicker than team my friends .. what may occur is JT may go down with an injury like a bad back or concussion on Robidas island and come back for playoffs .. you guys do realize they have cottages in Muskoka almost right next to each other .. ask any of us who grew up on Hillside and played hockey/lacrosse together on da daily after St Leos .. in short it ain't happening .. JT is setup here now with his various real estate holdings, his wifes family, his family and his cottage
Use to date a girl on Hillside, I miss Mimico pizza more than I miss her, use to go to the Mimicombo every weekend……

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
in short it ain't happening .. JT is setup here now with his various real estate holdings, his wifes family, his family and his cottage

That's fine for this year, but what about next?

There's no way Treliving can even contemplate re-signing him, no matter what the term/cap hit is.

So unless JT retires he and his family are moving away from their real estate holdings and Muskoka cottages for the duration of his next deal in .. Utah? Columbus? Adirondack? It's either this summer or next.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I agree.

The line between winning and losing is such a fine one come playoff time. I remember when the Caps finally busted through against the Pens they talked to Sid and asked him what the Caps did differently.

He answered saying they didn't do anything differently than other years. He cited how sometimes it comes down to a break here and a bounce there. He wasn't discrediting the Caps in any way but saying it's very hard to win in the playoffs.

Leafs core are in their prime right now and I truly think they need the right voice to get them over that hump.
Really? Bc I don’t think the right voice will be able to get the top guys scoring in the playoffs.
Or the top guys to charge into board battles and win.
Or create room when there is absolutely no room in the ozone

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Swayman has lost to Woll his entire life .. they have played against each other a lot .. outside of a couple nhl regular season games it is completely lopsided .. but keefer is pretty stupid in that he didn't check into da history between da 2 .. we had da better tender but he does get hurt a lot which is a problem .. and it occurred again .. Swayman is a mid tier pro tender well suited to a rotational role .. with Matty Willy and Woll healthy for da whole series we probably win 4-2 .. but bottom line Cats are flat out too good for us .. Bobbo and their D are straight up far superior and they have a big fast forechecking forward group who can cycle which is perfect for playoff hockey
Yeah maybe Woll could have stolen us the series, but I wont put this loss on Samsonov. Boston aren’t even good and Florida is showing it. Woll or not, we should have won.

You’re right, we would have been exposed by Florida too so hopefully losing in the first round will mean more changes than if we were able to move on to the second round and get killed.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Obliterated? Mathews and Nylander won't be going anywhere and Tavares isn't tradeable.Marner is toast, Cowan will take his place. Marner should just waive after July 2nd. They won't be re signing him because they can't.

You can't eat it because then you can't replace him.He should be stripped of his C and retire. Offer him a job upstairs and tell him it's over.
I don’t think that would look good at all on the organization if they did that, especially if they tried to bring in any more “hometown” players who would be interested in coming here in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad