GDT: Smashville @ Goons 7PM MST ALT/RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
HockeysFuture just ranked Galchenyuk, Yakupov, and Huberdeau ahead of MacKinnon :facepalm:

I'm seriously done with taking that side of this site seriously :facepalm:

I'm surprised it took you this long. :laugh:

Mac, Jones, and Barkov should all 3 be ranked ahead of those players. Barkov and Galchenyuk would be really close though. Hubie will be a great player, but will be a a notch below those other players. Yakupov will be a typical Russian sniper, amazing when he is on, but invisible when he is off.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
HockeysFuture just ranked Galchenyuk, Yakupov, and Huberdeau ahead of MacKinnon :facepalm:

You have to realize that these are probably short term projections. All three of those players have NHL experience whereas MacKinnon does not. It's hard to justify putting MacKinnon ahead of these guys until he gets more games under his belt.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
You have to realize that these are probably short term projections. All three of those players have NHL experience whereas MacKinnon does not. It's hard to justify putting MacKinnon ahead of these guys until he gets more games under his belt.

This is what it comes down to. But still, HF should not be including players who have ~48 games played. They're not prospects...

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Yeah...I find it ironic that a site who prides themselves on being "The #1 Online Prospects Resource" ranks their top three with guys who've played an entire NHL season.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Yeah. I think mackinnon has a higher upside than all three. I know it's tough to rank him higher than those guys because they've all played a season in the nhl and looked good BUT THAT MAKES THEM NO LONGER PROSPECTS. I'm pretty sure hf is the only place considering huberdeau, yak and galchenyuk prospects.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
Anybody in Ontario and you have rogers I think the game is on channel 457/460
Don't know which feed will be which at the minute

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Nice vid.

It's still surreal to me that Nathan MacKinnon is on our team. I remember hearing about him like 5 years ago and being excited to see him in the NHL one day and now hes an Av. We landed an absolute stud.

We really did. I only heard about him about two years ago and never really paid attention until the end of the last season. I didn't pay much attention and totally underrated him, though. I watched the MemCup and was impressed and I noticed that he and I are both born on Sep 1st. That was pretty much it. When I thought about the new season and about potential lineups I often forgot that the Avs drafted him.
Then the game against the Ducks happened. I won't ever forget him again. What an amazing complete player. Makes me smile now when Oilers fans say RNH is better. They have no idea.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

How often do they update the main list? I'd bet 20 games in MacK will jump at least 2 of those guys if not all. Should already be ahead of Hubs either way.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Mitchell ALWAYS shoots when he has the chance, whereas I feel Stas and Tanguay pass too much.

So this good be a good combo since Tangs and Stas are against shooting.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Mitchell has a great shot too. He is a nice utility player to have. I know people think he holds the puck too much, and is out of place on the 4th line, but realistically look at what we are paying the guy. He does a great job for that price.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Mitchell ALWAYS shoots when he has the chance, whereas I feel Stas and Tanguay pass too much.

So this good be a good combo since Tangs and Stas are against shooting.

he's always been prone to doing that, i thought last game he did better in that regard but, there were 2 opportunities i counted that it would have been better to throw the puck on net than throwing a blind pass into the slot.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
he's always been prone to doing that, i thought last game he did better in that regard but, there were 2 opportunities i counted that it would have been better to throw the puck on net than throwing a blind pass into the slot.

Agreed, although I have to admit this was the first game I've seen him play in an Avs sweater. On the other hand, his style of play has the potential to deliver such highlight passes as his slap pass to Downie on the PP against the Ducks. Loved it.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Some posters on the Nashville board think they have a better/deeper offense than the Avalanche :facepalm:

while i would disagree with the deeper part, i could see an argument there.

better on the other hand, woooo call me a homer but i'd probably take 5 or 6 of our guys before anyone one of theirs .

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Agreed, although I have to admit this was the first game I've seen him play in an Avs sweater. On the other hand, his style of play has the potential to deliver such highlight passes as his slap pass to Downie on the PP against the Ducks. Loved it.

it's nice we have an elite level passer like Tangs to work on the PP rather than having jones or mitchell there who can't make a smart pass if they tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad