GDT: Smashville @ Goons 7PM MST ALT/RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Roy said Guenin earned another game and didn't want to mess with the lineup

@bohlmeister: Roy mentioned that Guenin would be staying well because the team played well, and that he'd spoken to Holden about it already.

Roy said yesterday that Guenin will remain in the line-up and he explained it to Holden.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but

Roy said yesterday that Guenin will remain in the line-up and he explained it to Holden.

post-20629-Will-Ferrell-Anchorman-gif-I-d-abQm.gif

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Landeskog already injured after a single game? Cant we have a roster at its full strength at least for a couple of games? I was hoping for him and Pauly Walnuts to perhaps get some goals/assists tonight, since they were out of luck in this regard against Anaheim...

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Was he awful?

Not sure about awful(that is reserved for Zanon-esque performances), but I felt Barrie and Hejda were comfortably our worst defenders against the Ducks, with Tyson taking the cake. Trying to way, way too much at all times and that led to numerous defensive mistakes. Hejda just looked slow. Benoit-Sarich was our best pairing, IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure about awful(that is reserved for Zanon-esque performances), but I felt Barrie and Hejda were comfortably our worst defenders against the Ducks, with Tyson taking the cake. Trying to way, way too much at all times and that led to numerous defensive mistakes. Hejda just looked slow. Benoit-Sarich was our best pairing, IMO.

Agreed... and the Benoit-Sarich part is not really a good thing. That is a solid bottom pairing, it shouldn't be the best pairing on the team.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

Interesting. I thought Hejda was our best d-man that night. Didn't really think Barrie was good or bad.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Interesting. I thought Hejda was our best d-man that night. Didn't really think Barrie was good or bad.

Disagree with this one Robin, Hejda freakin SUCKED against Ducks, was out of position and ran around with his head cut off all game long.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Agreed... and the Benoit-Sarich part is not really a good thing. That is a solid bottom pairing, it shouldn't be the best pairing on the team.

I think Benoit is going to move up in the line up this year. I think he could be a passable #4 defender. He moved the puck quickly and deliberately. Seems to read the plays well. Lost coverage a few times i the defensive zone, but for the most part I thought he was pretty good.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Disagree with this one Robin, Hejda freakin SUCKED against Ducks, was out of position and ran around with his head cut off all game long.

I was not impressed with Hejda at all. Even caused Stastny to take a penalty because he couldn't handle a pass and got it caught up in his big feet.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hejda's shot from the point is something the Avalanche really need though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There's been a lot of shaky defenders around the league in the first game. A few have looked great (Trouba, Staal) but most have been underwhelming.

They'll get up to speed pretty quickly though. I'll start worrying about defenders not looking sharp in a couple of weeks but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->