GDT: Smashville @ Goons 7PM MST ALT/RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Believe Landy will be a gametime decision. If he's out, the lines will be something like:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Tanguay - Stastny - McLeod
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Cliche

EJ - Hejda
Barrie - Benoit
Guenin - Sarich

Varlamov
Giguere

Nashville lost yesterday. Seth Jones was a +2 though.

They'll come in determined to not go 0-2, we should be more determined to go 2-0!

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I really hope Landy plays. He needs a bounce back. I really didn't like his game on Wednesday.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think they will struggle containing our speed. They have a very positionally sound defence but I don't find them to be particularly mobile or agile other than Josi. Having Jones back there may change things.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really have a good feeling about this one.

Feel like Mack and Duchene will be too much for NSH to handle.

Going with a 4-1 W, goals from Duchene(2), Mack, and Ginner. Josi scores for the Preds.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Mitchel - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau

is what the Denverpost is saying will happen.

It's so hard to predict what the score will be. As much as I would expect the scoring to continue, history has shown the Avs are just as likely to come out and lay an egg. Yeah, yeah, new coach. Until proven otherwise though, I will be cautiously optimistic. I hope Landeskog gets the clearance, and it's something like a strained muscle. No injured ligaments or damaged bones.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Mitchell-Stastny-Tanguay should be the 3rd line to give McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenateau more ice time

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mitchell-Stastny-Tanguay should be the 3rd line to give McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenateau more ice time

The Stastny line is going to be used as a shutdown line all season (could be considered the 3rd line in many ways), and MacKinnon's line will get minutes in between 2nd and 3rd liners all year (or until Stastny is gone).

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

Look at the ice times from last game. Being designated as a "third line" doesn't mean a whole lot when compared to the second (besides matchups).

MacKinnon, Parenteau, and McGinn all had more TOI than Stastny and Tanguay.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
What was there not to like about Landeskog's game Wednesday?

He was used in a shutdown role, and that's exactly what he did.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I really hope Landy plays. He needs a bounce back. I really didn't like his game on Wednesday.

Not sure why. He made a couple bad turnovers which is to be expected in the beginning of the year against a good top line. Otherwise, he did make some nice rushes and played pretty sound for most of the game.

Hope the news on him is good and he can play. Don't want the injury train rolling already

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Can't wait to see Mac vs. Jones! Seth looked very good (though some may disagree) in his debut, and Mac obviously did just fine for you all. Good luck, looking forward to this one. And to the Trotz vs. Roy WWE match to follow.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hoping Landeskog is ok.

@bohlmeister: Roy mentioned that Guenin would be staying well because the team played well, and that he'd spoken to Holden about it already.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure if it's been mentioned but

Roy said yesterday that Guenin will remain in the line-up and he explained it to Holden.

It looked fun

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Can't wait to see Mac vs. Jones! Seth looked very good (though some may disagree) in his debut, and Mac obviously did just fine for you all. Good luck, looking forward to this one. And to the Trotz vs. Roy WWE match to follow.

For some reason all I could think of was this:

recolting.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->