Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
i think bellator would be better off going erry other week if they want to keep seasons. bjork being gone is a good thing, despite watching bellator he came off as a *******. i love how he tried to promote and only had positive things to say, if a fight was bad hed try and put a positive spin instead of just flat out calling something **** like dana does.

I think they are going to ditch the 'seasons' by the sounds of it.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Invicta finally makes its return on September 6th. I'm kind of surprised Cyborg isn't fighting on it.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
And even now that they found a legit distributor in UFC Fight Pass, Invicta still can't avoid production issues, as the feed cut out just moments before the finish in the main event.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Anyone watch Bellator last night? Liam McGreary continues to impress. That dude is good.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Anyone watch Bellator last night? Liam McGreary continues to impress. That dude is good.

Yeah, highlight reel finishes in the main event and co-main event.

It's a shame Bellator is doing away with regular tournaments, they did a great job on introducing new talent.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's hard to keep up with the smaller shows because of how many events the UFC has now. Bellator doing some weird and embarrassing pro-wrestling interviews/skits during their show doesn't help either. I thought that stuff would stop once Coker took over but it got even worse.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Huge win for Brandon Halsey in Bellator last night to win the middleweight strap. Nice to see him progress so quickly through Bellator.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Man, Emmanuel Newton is showing piss poor fight IQ. the dude keeps initiating the ground game despite winning stand-up and gets sweeped lol.

Edit: Well, I stand up corrected. Looks like the Universe gave him sound advice lol

Last edited:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I turned it off after Lashley's opponents flop. That was disgusting.

Yeah that looked a bit questionable. The only thing I can think is the English guy tried to toss him like he had past opponents (?) and then felt Lashley's strength and just gave up. That's my only other guess other than a dive.

The main event was very entertaining though. If Vassell tightened up his submission game a bit more because he was inches away from winning a few times in the first 2 round. But yeah, Newton turned it around after that and Vassell subbed quickly when he got a hold of his neck. I'd never seen Vassell before though and came away impressed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I turned it off after Lashley's opponents flop. That was disgusting.

That definitely looked fishy in real time. In slo-mo, I suppose you could see him botching the throw, but he put up zero resistance once he hit the ground. I chuckled later when the announcer was plugging Lashley's upcoming title defense on Spike's TNA wrestling show.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
That definitely looked fishy in real time. In slo-mo, I suppose you could see him botching the throw, but he put up zero resistance once he hit the ground. I chuckled later when the announcer was plugging Lashley's upcoming title defense on Spike's TNA wrestling show.

Meh, these kind of things will happen when you face cans. His opponents's majority of his career was spent of beating guys with no wins :laugh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The problem with Bellator right now is that it's just so, so watered down with so many cards. People talk about the UFC being watered down, but Bellator is even worse. Hopefully Spike & Coker can find a way to fix this.

It was awhile ago I posted this, but it sounds like Bellator is going with deeper cards and only having them once a month. Great, great move for them.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It was awhile ago I posted this, but it sounds like Bellator is going with deeper cards and only having them once a month. Great, great move for them.

I gave Bellator a chance for the first time on Saturday and came away disappointed. I knew Tito vs. Bonnar would be bad, but it was more terrible than I imagined. Their disrespectful actions after the fight made them look like two old guys arguing more than being edgy or bad***.

The Brooks-Chandler fight was OK for a round or two, but then I realized why these guys are at a lower-tier because they looked less dynamic the elite UFC lightweights and had poor gas tanks. Maybe I will try again in a bit, but I am not going to go out of my way to watch them on Spike anytime soon.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Boy that WSOF main event was certainly exciting. Thiago Silva got knocked out by a last minute replacement in 2 minutes in the co-main.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Wow this is pretty bad for bellator 137 tomorrow.

The champ Brandon Halsey missed weight

The co-main is scrapped due to Mike Richman missing weight and not agreeing to Dantas' condition to stay under 147 lbs on fight night

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wow this is pretty bad for bellator 137 tomorrow.

The champ Brandon Halsey missed weight

The co-main is scrapped due to Mike Richman missing weight and not agreeing to Dantas' condition to stay under 147 lbs on fight night

Yup, embarrassing. Interesting card has now gone up in smoke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad