Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I thought this Dantes - Richman fight was off as Richman didn't agree to 147 fight time weight. What changed?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock tomorrow night!

Just saw pictures of Shamrock from the weigh-in. I'll be very impressed with him and whoever he's working with if he passed all the pre-fight drug tests (if there were any) and does the same post-fight as well.

Chandler, Freire, and Straus are also on the card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock tomorrow night!

Just saw pictures of Shamrock from the weigh-in. I'll be very impressed with him and whoever he's working with if he passed all the pre-fight drug tests (if there were any) and does the same post-fight as well.

Chandler, Freire, and Straus are also on the card.

Should be a fun card. Agreed on Shamrock too, he looks great.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Not to sound cynical but as someone pretty immersed in that industry, it's gonna be EXTREMELY tough for a guy who abused for years to look like this at 51. Now, is it possible he's taking large amounts of T (but not so much that it puts him out of range)? Sure, that's possible. But regardless, he does look phenomenal for 51. And on a sidenote, looks like Kimbo's got a gut on him now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not to sound cynical but as someone pretty immersed in that industry, it's gonna be EXTREMELY tough for a guy who abused for years to look like this at 51. Now, is it possible he's taking large amounts of T (but not so much that it puts him out of range)? Sure, that's possible. But regardless, he does look phenomenal for 51. And on a sidenote, looks like Kimbo's got a gut on him now.

I would say there's a 90% chance Shamrock gets busted for something after the fight, and that's not an exaggeration. But he'll just pay his fine, not fight again, and life will go on.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I have no idea what these guys have been doing over the past 5 years.. My thoughts are that Shamrock at 51 (?!) can't possibly win the fight. Dude was washed up 15 years ago. If he wins it only shows what a joke Kimbo is.

member 51464

That is an interesting read with coll vintage clips for anyone who has some time.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Re-watching the Kimbo vs Shamrock fight, I actually question whether or not that fight was fixed because the moment Ken actually lets go of the sub is when Kimbo starts going to sleep

member 51464

Just watched the fight. That was sad. Shamrock needs to be banned from competition before he gets himself killed.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think it was a fix. A bellydown RNC is about as academic as it gets and from one of best submission grapplers of all time and ****ing Kimbo manages to survive? Shamrock threw that fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad