Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to see Rampage get the KO.

Pretty bad fight overall. Beltran did a lot of holding against the cage and was probably winning the round until he got KO'd with one second left.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like this Minakov kid. It'll be very interesting to see how he does against Kongo, cause then we'll have an actual gauge as to how promising he is. I'd expect him to walk right through him. Guy's an exciting fighter who seems very aggressive. I get the sense he doesn't have the greatest gas tank though.

Rampage is back!

1.gif
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's back, he lost a round to Joey Beltran and looked very slow and plodding. But that said (And I've been saying this for years now), if Rampage walked guys down like that and just exchanged with them I'm not sure if there's anyone in MMA that beats him. Now I understand guys like Jones, Cormier, Rashad, etc. can take Rampage down, but I remember when he fought Forrest I was screaming at the TV for him to close the distance and just exchange like that. The guy has one of the best chins in MMA, and big time power, that's an exchange he's essentially always going to win.

Pretty bad fight overall. Beltran did a lot of holding against the cage and was probably winning the round until he got KO'd with one second left.
Yeah, after watching Hendo get KOed last week watching Rampage lose to Beltran would've really been brutal. And I agree, that round was definitely 10-9 for Beltran.

NyquistIsMyGod*

World Series of Fighting and Invicta are both on tomorrow. Big WSOF fan.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
World Series of Fighting and Invicta are both on tomorrow. Big WSOF fan.

It sucks that both are on at the same time and also at the same time as a Wings game.

I'm streaming one and watching the Wings game, now I just need to decide which one. I prefer WSOF but this isn't their best card and its actually a pretty good invicta card.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Finally an Invicta card whose broadcast went off without a hitch. Of course, instead they had to have one of the fights canceled the day of the event. Things just never seem to work out for them, but I'll keep watching! I just wish they would ditch King Mo. He brings nothing to the commentary. The pbp guy for this event wasn't that great either. Meisha did pretty good; at least as good as Kedzie.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rumble just knocked the **** out of Kyle in the 1st round.

That was the last fight on his contract too so he's a free agent now.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
bellators 2/28 event headlined by king mo and rampage in a 4 man tournament. really easy and taylor made for possible success by rampage. this means he only has 2 make weight 2 times in 2 months instead of 3 and really ill be surprised if there isnt longer then a 1 month break between tournament fights in lhw division

NyquistIsMyGod*

bellators 2/28 event headlined by king mo and rampage in a 4 man tournament. really easy and taylor made for possible success by rampage. this means he only has 2 make weight 2 times in 2 months instead of 3 and really ill be surprised if there isnt longer then a 1 month break between tournament fights in lhw division

Making weight twice for Rampage is easier than three times, but it's still hard. I figured the tournaments would be hard on Rampage. It's obvious that they want Mo or Rampage as the champion. I could see one of them getting upset though. Rampage and Mo both looked awful in their last fight IMO.

The Pat Curran/Daniel Straus rematch is a joke. Wasn't a close fight. They want Curran as the champion, fine. I'm a massive Curran fan, but Pitbull deserves that shot. Him waiting out really hurts him.

Bellator has been awful in the past year or so. I'm guessing the plan is for Rampage and Mo both to win, and fight on the PPV.

I really dislike Bellator. I'm a massive RFA and WSOF fan.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Granted I tuned in to the Mo and Rampage fights, and I do like when fighters square off in the ring prior to fighting one another, but I found their altercation pretty funny as immediately afterward one of Rampage's guys is rotating the Monster can in his hand so the M is on full display. Reminded me of when a wrestler would call another guy out and be like, next week, Monday Night Raw, on USA, in Philly, 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific... Lol.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Granted I tuned in to the Mo and Rampage fights, and I do like when fighters square off in the ring prior to fighting one another, but I found their altercation pretty funny as immediately afterward one of Rampage's guys is rotating the Monster can in his hand so the M is on full display. Reminded me of when a wrestler would call another guy out and be like, next week, Monday Night Raw, on USA, in Philly, 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific... Lol.

That is the exact thought I had. WTF is this WWF?

Don't they cross promote with TNA? Seems like they are taking pages from their book.

NyquistIsMyGod*

That is the exact thought I had. WTF is this WWF?

Don't they cross promote with TNA? Seems like they are taking pages from their book.

Both guys have a contract with "Spike" I believe so they've been on TNA a couple times. I don't watch pro wrestling, but I heard it's quite ridiculous when Mo/Ortiz/Rampage have been on there.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I was entertained by the encounter. The thing that makes it suspect is the fact that Mo was in there in the first place, either way, it's entertainment. I hope Rampages puts Mo to sleep.. I dont really care for 'page, but I really ****ing hate King Mo.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Naw I think that **** was legit. Mo and rampage dont like each other and rampage telling mo hes gonna get katered like mpumbu did pissed mo off. Also mo was previously pissed off at the fans for booing his fight, which I also thought the booing was stupid.

Guess the ppv is in Memphis. Really hope it flops and would prefer fight to be in ca so rampage pay would be released.

NyquistIsMyGod*

PPV on Memphis? Really banking on Rampage to sell it. I don't think he has that in him any longer though. He will now be off TRT as well.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
PPV on Memphis? Really banking on Rampage to sell it. I don't think he has that in him any longer though. He will now be off TRT as well.

Mmafighting.com reported that the may event has no location announced but was looking at Memphis and San Diego as options. Decision im guessing is rampage wins its onto Memphis, if he lost into San Diego

NyquistIsMyGod*

Mmafighting.com reported that the may event has no location announced but was looking at Memphis and San Diego as options. Decision im guessing is rampage wins its onto Memphis, if he lost into San Diego

I think Mo is Memphis based as well.

Alvarez vs Chandler III
Warren vs Leone/Dantas
Rampage vs Mo

Guessing that's the start of the main card. Kongo has drawing power, and you could throw on Curran(FW title) or Kongo (HW title) assuming one wins their next fight.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Love watching moraes fight but he needs more of a killer instinct. He has gone 2 decision twice recently when he should have gotten a tko. His leg kicks are absolutely vicious, I will concede that herzog should have stopped the fight at the end of round 3 and then in round 4 when his opponent was having trouble standing up.

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think Mo is Memphis based as well.

Alvarez vs Chandler III
Warren vs Leone/Dantas
Rampage vs Mo

Guessing that's the start of the main card. Kongo has drawing power, and you could throw on Curran(FW title) or Kongo (HW title) assuming one wins their next fight.

Dantas vs Warren is scheduled for May 2nd. The Darkness still has to win his Heavyweight Championship before he can defend it. I think Will Brooks vs Dave Jansen is a possibility. It eliminates one of the LW contenders. Winner faces Michael Chandler for the Vacant Bellator Lightweight Championship once Eddies contract is up.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Doulgas lima new bellator champ. He beat rick hawn who had nothing for him. Lima leg kicked his way to victory before hawns corner threw in the towel.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So, sounds like Bjorn Rebney will be replaced by Scott Coker.

Oh, and Bellator is trying to sign Kimbo.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So Coker in, Rebney out at Bellator. It's official.

Sounds like Viacom/Spike wanted to get rid of Rebney for awhile but they had to wait until Coker's non-complete clause expired.

I actually liked Rebney, though he pissed off the media by often lying to their face about things and not addressing rumors. Of course replacing him with Coker who was the king of weasling his way around questions may not be much better.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was never a fan of Rebney. Came off as an ass and really started acting like a dick recently. Some of those press conferences he had, the contract disputes with fighters, banning media (Ariel Helwani) from attending his events, etc. Seemed like he was trying too hard to be like Dana but he didn't have the fans or the UFC brand behind him to get away with that stuff. He also loved the stale tournament format and was too stubborn to change it. The tournaments is one of the reasons why I could never really get into Bellator, I just watched when they had some good/big fights.

I think Coker will be good for Bellator. He did a pretty good job building Strikeforce, just got in trouble towards the end when they signed some of those ridiculous contracts and started losing a crazy amount of money. Bellator was going in a weird direction with some of the fights they were putting on and with the public perception of them lately, it was all negative. Time to get rid of the tournaments with these no name guys people really don't care about, put on some proper fights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The problem with Bellator right now is that it's just so, so watered down with so many cards. People talk about the UFC being watered down, but Bellator is even worse. Hopefully Spike & Coker can find a way to fix this.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
i think bellator would be better off going erry other week if they want to keep seasons. bjork being gone is a good thing, despite watching bellator he came off as a *******. i love how he tried to promote and only had positive things to say, if a fight was bad hed try and put a positive spin instead of just flat out calling something **** like dana does.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: