Shanahan lives in New York?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Lower tax rate because it was hard to get by on his take home pay living here. How dumb are the Board members to allow that.

Sep 18, 2009
dont really care he likes orderin the uber eats late at night but should be fired for lack of results

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The 2 variables are correlated with each other ∴ there is also a causal link between them.

My wife and I were watching a ghost show, a magazine fell off the kitchen island ... the only conclusion is ... ghost are real.

The more likely explanation was the Shanaplan was shit from the get go, building a team around multiple soft offensivly gifted players, with a soft defence that can't move the puck, a cast of journeymen goalies and a coach that was constantly outclassed, might have more to do with the Leafs underwhelming results...than the location of the President's bed.

Last edited:

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
No one should care if he does his job remotely or not. I think that the issue should be that the Leafs should stop hiring people that worked in the league offices in New York. First Burke and now Shanahan. These guys come from the cradle of incompetence. The ultimate old boys club.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
No one should care if he does his job remotely or not. I think that the issue should be that the Leafs should stop hiring people that worked in the league offices in New York. First Burke and now Shanahan. These guys come from the cradle of incompetence. The ultimate old boys club.
Actually they come from an office that has not allowed a Canadian team to win since 1993 when Bettman took over. I for one come from a school that says seeing the boss set the tempo in hallways is important. Doesn't need to be daily, but could be.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Confirmed with link to podcast:

"Shanahan spends a lot of his time living in New York. He's not here as often as some people think. There have been reports of difficulty getting a hold of him at times in order to get moves done. He's vetoed some moves" JD Bunkis SPORTSNET FAN 590

What? You're telling me he's been f***ing running the TML from another country? What the f us wrong with this organization?! Yes I know you can do some jobs remotely, but TML President is being done out of town?!!!

This is not going to sit well at all!!

Alexander Graham Bell says hello.................

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Actually they come from an office that has not allowed a Canadian team to win since 1993 when Bettman took over.

Allowed? So you actually believe that the NHL/Bettman determine who does or doesn't win?

I've heard about people like you, but have never encountered one out in the wild.

I for one come from a school that says seeing the boss set the tempo in hallways is important. Doesn't need to be daily, but could be.

Well that school is a half-knowledge college that doesn't have the slightest clue how corporations function.

Do you honestly think that the people working the line at Chrysler, Ford, etc. ever see their president? Immediate supervisors sure, but we're talking about Shanny here and he is the president.

I am a professor and I know my Associate Dean and Senior Dean, but have never knowingly laid eyes on the VP Academic or the school's President.

It simply doesn't happen in corporations in the real world.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Allowed? So you actually believe that the NHL/Bettman determine who does or doesn't win?

I've heard about people like you, but have never encountered one out in the wild.

Well that school is a half-knowledge college that doesn't have the slightest clue how corporations function.

Do you honestly think that the people working the line at Chrysler, Ford, etc. ever see their president? Immediate supervisors sure, but we're talking about Shanny here and he is the president.

I am a professor and I know my Associate Dean and Senior Dean, but have never knowingly laid eyes on the VP Academic or the school's President.

It simply doesn't happen in corporations in the real world.
If you are a prof you must be at U of Nigeria.
I know corporations more than you can ever imagine. I know the affect the boss can have.
You are an academic. Know what that says. Those who can do. Those who can't teach.
You have no pressure to perform and your VP has no say in your performance or no influence. CEOs create culture.
Shanny has extreme affect on his staff and players. There are 50 people not 50000.
If you are actually a prof I pray my grand kids never see you.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If you are a prof you must be at U of Nigeria.

Racist much?

I know corporations more than you can ever imagine. I know the affect the boss can have.

Suuuure you do.

You are an academic. Know what that says. Those who can do. Those who can't teach.

Ah, that ignorant tripe that you think makes you sound profound. Trust me, it doesn't.

You have no pressure to perform and your VP has no say in your performance or no influence.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.

CEOs create culture.

Bollocks.

People at places like Chrysler, Ford, Honda, etc. never see their CEO and that CEO doesn't create a damned thing for them.
Shanny has extreme affect on his staff and players. There are 50 people not 50000.

You think the Maple Leafs have 50 employees???

If you are actually a prof I pray my grand kids never see you.

If they are anything like you, I also pray that I never see them as I deal with enough eejits as it is.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Lower tax rate because it was hard to get by on his take home pay living here. How dumb are the Board members to allow that.

Lower tax rate in NY? Maybe marginally?

Do you let your boss tell you where you may or may not live?

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
The guy doesn't even like the Leafs. I remember watching a car show way back when where the focus was on Shanahan's car collection. He said he would never play for the Leafs and made fun of his friends for asking him to join the team when he was a free agent.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Some of us are required to be within a certain geographic area.
Well sure, if I had to show up to work on the Eglington Crosstown daily for the last 7 decades I'd need to be around.

Look, I'm no huge fan at this point of Shanny. He gets credit from me early for cleaning house and bottoming out, and sticking to it. At this point it has to be a short rope, despite the dramatic good that has happened in overall team... doing shit right because you have more money then god... philophosy.

But the hell does him living in NY matter?

Reactions: ACC1224

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Well sure, if I had to show up to work on the Eglington Crosstown daily for the last 7 decades I'd need to be around.

Look, I'm no huge fan at this point of Shanny. He gets credit from me early for cleaning house and bottoming out, and sticking to it. At this point it has to be a short rope, despite the dramatic good that has happened in overall team... doing shit right because you have more money then god... philophosy.

Babcock is bullying Marner

Shanny's reaction: "Hmm...I better fly over to T.O. and do an investigation...mmm...maybe I'll ask Mitch to send me an email. I'll read the email later. Right now my wife and I are attending a Broadway Musical.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It doesn’t, such a bizarre topic.
There is really no reason to believe he would be in the office any more regardless of where he lives.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Racist much?

Suuuure you do.

Ah, that ignorant tripe that you think makes you sound profound. Trust me, it doesn't.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Bollocks.

People at places like Chrysler, Ford, Honda, etc. never see their CEO and that CEO doesn't create a damned thing for them.

You think the Maple Leafs have 50 employees???

If they are anything like you, I also pray that I never see them as I deal with enough eejits as it is.
Racist?? Wtf ,
There are hundreds of employees at Ford or Honda or any Corp that the CEO influences every day, and they then influence others throughout the organization. Unlike the academic organization where freedom is more celebrated, concensus and regimentation are required to function.
Unlike your role, you show up once a semester and send substitutes the rest of the time because you are too busy insulting people on web sites.
You certainly should consider getting an education, your opinions show you know little about corporate structures and what it takes to make a successful long lasting culture.
And yes, there are 50 employees of the Toronto Maples Leafs that Shanny could be influencing every day. Whether it be Treliving, a scout, a player or an usher, his presence has an impact. He didn't have a clue about what Dubas was planning to exit last year, that shows lack of engagement, lack of contact.
Oh, bye the way, nice that you call your students eejits, which shows this whole schick is bs.. You are a piece of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad