Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Would love to see marloes coenen fight Ronda Rousey in the UFC to see how she would do...even though she lost she is tough as hell.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chandler is really good. Too bad he signed a long-term contract with Bellator.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
How would he fair in the UFC?

The top guys in bellators lighter weight divisions arent terrible from welterweight up they arent too good in the all around game. While askrens a good wrestler he would not dominate tp the extent he does in bellator since all he does is hold guys down.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I found that Bellator event to be quite entertaining. And I know some would disagree, but I actually liked what they did with Rampage and Tito a lot. I know some feel it's too much like WWE or whatever, but that stuff's cool to me. I'd like to see the UFC do that a little more. Very surprised Bellator was able to keep that quiet. It's obviously two guys well past their primes, but it still had a cool feel to it.

Apparently the guy Askren fought did not bring any wrestlers in to train for the fight. Are you kidding me? Askren's wrestling control looks phenomenal against these guys, but it's just not a good enough gauge. The Russian HW is pretty entertaining, although he ate a lot more shots then I felt he should've against that guy. Not sure if anyone noticed buy Roy was in the heavy guy's corner. Chandler would definitely be an interesting addition to the UFC, but my guess is Bellator has him locked up for a while.

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
Love the tito vs rampage fight, hopefully the ppv charge is within reason. Was always a huge fan of both guys, at this point in their careers its a good matchup.

I'd like to see mayhem signed once he gets his act together, he has plenty of fights left and was always a good entertainer.

I wish askren would go to the ufc and get beat, very tiresome. I know his wrestling is better than almost all but he wouldn't be able to play that gm in the ufc against the likes of maia, condit, ellenburger or Hendricks etc...

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bellator put on a pretty good show last night. The three main bouts were all finishes... Mo looked great, Chandler especially tough and Askern continues to Askern. Very good night for them.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Love the tito vs rampage fight, hopefully the ppv charge is within reason. Was always a huge fan of both guys, at this point in their careers its a good matchup.

I'd like to see mayhem signed once he gets his act together, he has plenty of fights left and was always a good entertainer.

I wish askren would go to the ufc and get beat, very tiresome. I know his wrestling is better than almost all but he wouldn't be able to play that gm in the ufc against the likes of maia, condit, ellenburger or Hendricks etc...

I think it will be in the 29.95-34.95 range, so hopefully they add a couple other decent fights.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I found that Bellator event to be quite entertaining. And I know some would disagree, but I actually liked what they did with Rampage and Tito a lot. I know some feel it's too much like WWE or whatever, but that stuff's cool to me. I'd like to see the UFC do that a little more. Very surprised Bellator was able to keep that quiet. It's obviously two guys well past their primes, but it still had a cool feel to it.

Apparently the guy Askren fought did not bring any wrestlers in to train for the fight. Are you kidding me? Askren's wrestling control looks phenomenal against these guys, but it's just not a good enough gauge. The Russian HW is pretty entertaining, although he ate a lot more shots then I felt he should've against that guy. Not sure if anyone noticed buy Roy was in the heavy guy's corner. Chandler would definitely be an interesting addition to the UFC, but my guess is Bellator has him locked up for a while.

chandler got signed earlier this week to a new 8 fight contract. hope he fights soon in a state with mandatory disclosed payouts.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Im a fighr behind, bout to watch sefo. Apparently this fight crowd is uneducated because booing the first fights stoppage is rediculous. Griffin wasnt defending himself with calvacante unloading from his back, perfectly legit stoppage

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Whole card was decent. Spong never looks as deadly in MMA as I feel like he should though. No way anyone other than, like, Bones Jones or Machida should be able to survive 3 rounds on the feet with him.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
That wsof event was strong. I dont know how i felt about moraes not finishing his fight. He defiantly looks like the future wsof champ, hope they keep him instead of losing him to ufc. The more competition for ufc the better.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Payouts

Tyrone Spong: $31,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus)def.*Angel DeAnda: $4,000

Marlon Moraes: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)def.*Brandon Hempleman: $3,000

Nick Newell: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)def.*Keon Caldwell: $2,000

Dave Huckaba: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)def. Ray Sefo: $30,000

Gesias Cavalcante: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus)def.*Tyson Griffin: $8,000

Gerald Harris: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)def.*Jorge Santiago: $13,000

Lewis Gonzales: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)def.*Antonio McKee: $6,000

Jared Papazian: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)def.*John Robles: $2,000

Victor Valenzuela: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)def.*Isaac Gutierrez: $2,000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad