SJHL Humboldt Broncos bus crash | 16 Killed, 13 Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm sorry to say this; all love for Humboldt, but when will all this Humboldt Bronco stuff be put to rest? I'm truly getting aggravated hearing all about it as it's been going in all sorts of directions to the point to where I think everybody who hasn't been involved should just move on from it.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but this is one that you should probably keep to yourself.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I didn't say that the police should stop investigating. I think what I'm trying to say is that it's been an ongoing topic for too long now and it's just so.... worn out. These should only be saved for the topics that matter such as this one.
I guess I can understand that sentiment even if I don't exactly agree with it though I would say that news on the police laying charges is probably something that is worthy of being discussed regardless of whether or not anyone thinks it has been talked about to much. It is a massive development.

Nov 24, 2006
I'm sorry to say this; all love for Humboldt, but when will all this Humboldt Bronco stuff be put to rest? I'm truly getting aggravated hearing all about it as it's been going in all sorts of directions to the point to where I think everybody who hasn't been involved should just move on from it.
This was a major, nation-wide, sport-wide tragedy. And it involved kids. It also devastated a town and a province specifically. It involved many people dying during what has always been a very common trip on the Canadian prairies. This will continue to be a big story as this makes its way through the legal system.

People are invested in the news of it because it really hit home to many.

Personally, I'd rather read about this instead of the USA tearing itself apart on a daily basis, but that's just me.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This was a major, nation-wide, sport-wide tragedy. And it involved kids. It also devastated a town and a province specifically. It involved many people dying during what has always been a very common trip on the Canadian prairies. This will continue to be a big story as this makes its way through the legal system.

People are invested in the news of it because it really hit home to many.

Personally, I'd rather read about this instead of the USA tearing itself apart on a daily basis, but that's just me.

I don't want to read about any tragedies at all, but I see where you're getting at.

I donated $1000 to their gofundme page the day it happened.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This is ridiculous and OT OT. Should we stop releasing murderers identities for the compassion and thought of their families...?

It's about closure and justice for the families and the public.

pretty crappy strawman.

if the driver intentionally caused the wreck with the goal of causing physical harm/death...then yeah.

we are talking about an accident. tragic as it is, accidents happen, you cant stop them all.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
we are talking about an accident. tragic as it is, accidents happen, you cant stop them all.

And guess what. A person (presumably the driver) has been found to have committed a crime, presumably running the stop sign and it led to mass loss of life. So it's most likely a lot more than just some unavoidable accident that couldn't have been prevented or anything like that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
pretty crappy strawman.

if the driver intentionally caused the wreck with the goal of causing physical harm/death...then yeah.

I mean the courts have been and will continue to always be public record. Except for minors I don't see a reason for ever needing to protect identities. That doesn't mean the persons family deserves to be shamed or harassed over it but his name should and will be released if charges are brought. The seriousness of the charges have absolutely nothing to do with it either. We also don't even know what the driver is being charged with yet to be calling it an accident.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Driver charged with 16 counts of Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death

and 13 counts of Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So 16 counts that carry a max of 14 years per count
So 13 counts that carry a max of 10 years per count.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad