Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Made a number of dumb plays. Scored an own goal. He's got amazing potential, but he still has a lot to learn.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If I am Claude Lemieux and Seider I am making this point. Yzerman might have been up to this to keep the contract down is probably a point I would make when looking at term.
Yeah but thats a pretty weak argument. Literally any player can say "hey if I am getting PP1 minutes I would score more, give me more money"...

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You can see the talent is clearly there. He makes some nice, smart plays. But then he also looks like a guy who’s played less than 20 NHL games. He almost looks too patient with the puck sometimes.
For sure, he's gotta figure out that he won't have as much time and space in the NHL. The only fix for it is more NHL experience.

Still better than watching Holl.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Seider isn't gonna be a PPG player, even with PP1 time. Seider has 17 PP points vs 25 for Ghost . He literally needs to double his output to be in contention with Hughes and Makar, which means he'd have to play PP1 AND PP2. The only player I can think of who does that is Ovechkin, and he camps out in the circle the entire time.

To be fair, Seider has played less on PP1 this season than Ghost. Also, Hughes and Makar are always on pp1. Not saying he outscores them as I don't think he will, but more PP1 time for Seider and perhaps better players in the future on PP1, means more pts for him.

Reactions: Henkka

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Made a number of dumb plays. Scored an own goal. He's got amazing potential, but he still has a lot to learn.

Not even close. He payed well. Also, when the other team shoots a puck and it deflects off your stick into your own net, that isn't an OWN goal. He didn't make any bad plays tonight that Petry, Chiarot, Ghost, Holl and about 300-500 other NHL defenceman make.

I feel like im being trolled.

Remember him skating on a breakaway on Reimer and spin-o-rama attempt, me neither. Or that other time where he one timed an Islander pass 105 mph at Reimer, me neither, again.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Not even close. He payed well. Also, when the other team shoots a puck and it deflects off your stick into your own net, that isn't an OWN goal. He didn't make any bad plays tonight that Petry, Chiarot, Ghost, Holl and about 300-500 other NHL defenceman make.

Remember him skating on a breakaway on Reimer and spin-o-rama attempt, me neither. Or that other time where he one timed an Islander pass 105 mph at Reimer, me neither, again.
You know that trope where a guy has an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, battling over what he should do? Here at HFB it's two devils:

1) This rebuild sucks because they're not playing any of the kids. You can't enjoy this.

2) All these kids have a long way to go before they're going to be good NHL players. You can't enjoy this.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Walman is too soft and loses too many puck battles to be on a first pair. He did however take an AHLer, Oesterle, and make him look like a legit NHL 3rd pair D. Assuming Ghost is gone, it makes sense to pair Walman with Holl to compensate for Holl's deficiencies.

This is what I've been thought too for next season plan. Chiarot looks good now with Seider. That will be top pair. Edvinsson goes with Petry. Then Walman will fix the problem with Holl.

Määttä 7th or traded.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Issues are on his end of the ice. Not his offence.
Lol what? His floor is Jay Bouw because of his skating and work in the defensive zone and neutral zone. He’s at his best there. It’s his offense that will determine whether he is a 1D or a 2/3D.

Reactions: KJoe88

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Lol what? His floor is Jay Bouw because of his skating and work in the defensive zone and neutral zone. He’s at his best there. It’s his offense that will determine whether he is a 1D or a 2/3D.
Yeah I expect prime Jay Bouw but I would love to see more. Ed is a classic minute muncher dman. Makes a great outlet pass, takes up a ton of space defensively, and has ice in his veins.

He does need to come to the realization that you need to move the puck a bit quicker at the NHL level. He had a couple of times where he held the puck last night when he should have moved it out, but that is part of the NHL learning experience.

He has to play in the NHL to get used to NHL speed, so I really hope he stays up. Having him and Seider going forward is going to be such a breath of fresh air.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I feel like im being trolled.
Punked.gif

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yeah I expect prime Jay Bouw but I would love to see more. Ed is a classic minute muncher dman. Makes a great outlet pass, takes up a ton of space defensively, and has ice in his veins.

He does need to come to the realization that you need to move the puck a bit quicker at the NHL level. He had a couple of times where he held the puck last night when he should have moved it out, but that is part of the NHL learning experience.

He has to play in the NHL to get used to NHL speed, so I really hope he stays up. Having him and Seider going forward is going to be such a breath of fresh air.
I think he’s got a bit more meanness in him than Bouwmeester did, no? Admittedly I don’t watch him in GR outside of snippets on YouTube/X

Regardless I couldn’t agree more than he should be here to stay for the remainder of this season

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

His mistake on that goal was covering the Islanders player that slid up behind him. Ed glances over his shoulder and sees him but needed to actually take the man and tie up his stick. Instead he ended up sort of fronting him and not doing much other than screening Reimer.

Overall though he looked very good, especially for being his second game back in the NHL and only 13th NHL game overall.

And I say that as someone who is tired of the hyperbole regarding his play and complaining how he should've been here all season.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
He's definitely looked the part of being one of the top 2 defensemen on your team, since he's been called up. Will be interesting to see how he is slotted next year.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He's definitely looked the part of being one of the top 2 defensemen on your team, since he's been called up. Will be interesting to see how he is slotted next year.
He needs to be our #2. On a pairing separate from Mo is fine, but we then need to find a RD that can hang. What we have currently, cannot. Have Chia and/or Maatta spend all summer working on RD habits or something. But Petry, Holl, or Ghost aren't it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice.

They still continued using him with Petry. I think this carries for next season. Chiarot stayed with Seider.

And this gives a strong 3rd pair, when Walman is there.

Defence is currently as good as it can possibly be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad