Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It might not even be a "green light" so much as no other D on the team are talented enough to see and take the opportunities when they are there. For all of the concern about Lalonde's system suffocating guys, I think we also just have some pretty limited guys back there.
This. Despite my criticisms of Lalonde, Detroit does not yet have the horses to change their system. The Wings are currently 8th in goals for and 22nd in goals against, so it's not shocking that he doesn't want the defense to take MORE chances.

Once the group of Holl/Petry/Maatta/Perron/Sprong is replaced by guys like Johansson/Wallinder/Kasper/Danielson/Mazur, I think it'll be much easier to let the horses run when appropriate (and recover when things go sideways).

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think you're right. Edvinsson has the makings of a tremendous two-way guy but I think we're not going to see either Seider or Edvinsson really unlock their offensive potential under the current coach. Lalonde seems pretty conservative when it comes to allowing defensemen to jump up.

Then explain to me why I keep seeing Maatta go for slot redirects, Petry in good shooting spots, and Chiarot carrying the puck behind the net like Nyquist during OT.

I actually agree with you, but I laugh at how the 3 defensemen that I want to see activate more offensively (Mo, Ed, Ghost) are the ones who stayed with their heels glued to the blue line a majority of the time, and the ones I want to almost never touch the offensive zone are the ones constantly below the hashmarks. Walman does alright at finding his chances.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not going to happen , but I like to see AJo replace Edvinsson for couple of games just for NHL taste before both join GR play offs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Edvinsson should never go back down until our season is done. And then next year with Detroit full time

He never goes.

The clear signal already was scratching Määttä before him.

Seider had to play 220 NHL games before they were ready to promote next young defenceman.

I hope it doesn't take the same amount for Edvinsson to promote the next one.

There can't be too many kids at same time.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
He never goes.

The clear signal already was scratching Määttä before him.

Seider had to play 220 NHL games before they were ready to promote next young defenceman.

I hope it doesn't take the same amount for Edvinsson to promote the next one.

There can't be too many kids at same time.
how's wallinder doing? haven't heard much about him in a while

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Ed and Albert should both be up next year no excuses. Cut bait on ghost, Petry, and if possible Holl. Mattaa as your #7, holl as #8 if you can’t move him. Bring in a top 4 RH shot D to replace Petry (pesche would be nice)

Walman- Seider
Ed- Pesce/montour
Chiarot- aljo
Maatta-holl

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
how's wallinder doing? haven't heard much about him in a while

One subplot of the Grand Rapid Griffins’ strong season has been the pleasing development of defensemen Antti Tuomisto and William Wallinder.

While Simon Edvinsson and Albert Johansson receive most of the attention in the assessment of the Grand Rapids’ defensive prospects, Tuomisto and Wallinder are demonstrating their NHL potential. The 6-foot-5 Finn Tuomisto has five goals and owns a plus-7 plus-minus. The 6-foot-4 Swede Wallinder shows three goals and is plus-1.

One subplot of the Grand Rapid Griffins’ strong season has been the pleasing development of defensemen Antti Tuomisto and William Wallinder.
While Simon Edvinsson and Albert Johansson receive most of the attention in the assessment of the Grand Rapids’ defensive prospects, Tuomisto and Wallinder are demonstrating their NHL potential. The 6-foot-5 Finn Tuomisto has five goals and owns a plus-7 plus-minus. The 6-foot-4 Swede Wallinder shows three goals and is plus-1.

“They’ve progressed really well,” Detroit GM Steve Yzerman said earlier this month. “Both of them are really good. Antti’s a right shot, William is a left shot. Different players but they’re both big. Antti’s big and strong, physical, great shot, passes the puck really well. William probably a little bit lighter. Tall, lanky guy, really good skater, moves the puck really well. Probably a little bit more active in the rush offensively.”

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Ed and Albert should both be up next year no excuses. Cut bait on ghost, Petry, and if possible Holl. Mattaa as your #7, holl as #8 if you can’t move him. Bring in a top 4 RH shot D to replace Petry (pesche would be nice)

Walman- Seider
Ed- Pesce/montour
Chiarot- aljo
Maatta-holl
That'd be my realistic choice of a defense group

Reactions: lilidk

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I read this craz stat about Ed today from this meh site so take it with a grain of salt. They said that he only been on the ice for 1 5 on 5 goal against since he was recalled. It seems a bit of a stretch does anyone know for sure?

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010

Walman- Seider
Ed- Pesce/montour
Chiarot- aljo
Maatta-holl
If that was our defense for this whole season, we’d probably be comfortably in the playoffs

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
I read this craz stat about Ed today from this meh site so take it with a grain of salt. They said that he only been on the ice for 1 5 on 5 goal against since he was recalled. It seems a bit of a stretch does anyone know for sure?

In his 11 games in march/april he has been on the ice for 7 5v5 goals against.

Reactions: Go Wings

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Maybe they mixed it up with 5-on-4 GA.

Reactions: Go Wings

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
best goal of the night sweet as heck. Think he's played better than seider down the stretch.

To be fair, Seider has been bad lately. Not sure why.

Edvinsson looks realgud though. We should be very happy about that. Not sure who will be better between him, Power and Hughes from that really deep 2021 draft.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad