Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It's only an emergency loan, so I expect him to be sent back.
So was Czarnik, right up until he wasn't.

1710954377716.png

EDIT nvm on that McIsaac bit. So the Wings, who had loaned McIsaac to the Swiss league, brought him back to the AHL, but to Providence. And Providence loaned one of their centers to Grand Rapids? WTF kind of nonsense happens in minor hockey?

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Lalonde said yesterday that that doesn't mean ed will be sent down and could stay up if he helps the team. He definitely had a positive impact last night and lalonde seemed happy with his game so hopefully he stays.

Then calls him out for multiple specific mistakes in front of the media

Imagine if he did that to any of the other defensemen who have all been AWFUL for weeks now. But he typically goes out of his way to not call players out to the media (which I respect)

It’s just dumb how the young guys are treated differently, even in front of the media. It’s really not a good look for Lalonde

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I hope he stays up for rest of the season. Why did you draft him Steve if you don't want play with your new toys.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Then calls him out for multiple specific mistakes in front of the media

Imagine if he did that to any of the other defensemen who have all been AWFUL for weeks now. But he typically goes out of his way to not call players out to the media (which I respect)

It’s just dumb how the young guys are treated differently, even in front of the media. It’s really not a good look for Lalonde
I think lalonde was highlighting Ed's skill and size alluding to how he CAN get away with that.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Just to fight the befuddled outrage if he gets sent down and to get it on record that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, he was far from perfect and still made rookie mistakes. In the first period he went for a big hit on a 1-on-3 and completely whiffed and turned it into a quality scoring chance.

He was fine. There was good and bad. I'm not trying to say he wont have a career. But with talk of elite vision and being better than Seider, we shouldn't ignore his mistakes either.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
honestly, was not expecting you to say that he played 18.5 minutes. I would have guessed closer to 13 or 14 with how much i didn't notice him. Wow.

He was on the pk that one time (i think just once), so theres some extra minutes there...wow 18.

I looked after the game because I was curious about his usage for that very reason - I didn't notice him much.

He played more than Maatta and Ghost and just a touch less than Petry.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Just to fight the befuddled outrage if he gets sent down and to get it on record that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, he was far from perfect and still made rookie mistakes. In the first period he went for a big hit on a 1-on-3 and completely whiffed and turned it into a quality scoring chance.

He was fine. There was good and bad. I'm not trying to say he wont have a career. But with talk of elite vision and being better than Seider, we shouldn't ignore his mistakes either.

Agreed. It's hard to be reasonable about prospects here without being portrayed as a hater.

Part of it is my just being around here a long time so have heard years and years of prospects being overrated, then thrown under the bus if they don't live up to the hype.

I get that Ed's the shiniest new toy we have, but it'd be great to let him play more than 12 games in the NHL before anointing him anything.

Last edited:

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Both are still eligible to play for GR, but after 1 more game, JB will have to clear waivers, if Ed plays 4, he will not be Calder Trophy eligible next year, no big deal unless it is a huge bonus for him

Does JB have to clear even if the Wings are done playing for the season? I assume that answer is yes, but better to ask the stupid question, then spend 30 minutes searching the Internet and then asking the question.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
but then he won't get his calder trophy next year and i'm sorry to say this, but that is just non-negotiable at this point.

Do post season games count against that total? Rule is attached but it says SEASON and the NHL very specifically calls the playoffs the POST season.

Now, it's a long known, well discussed here, fact. I am a moron. So I ask.

Webster: The meaning of POSTSEASON is a period of time immediately after the regular season when teams play against each other in a series of games ...

Eligibility: To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, a player must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept. 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Do post season games count against that total? Rule is attached but it says SEASON and the NHL very specifically calls the playoffs the POST season.

Now, it's a long known, well discussed here, fact. I am a moron. So I ask.

Webster: The meaning of POSTSEASON is a period of time immediately after the regular season when teams play against each other in a series of games ...

Eligibility: To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, a player must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept. 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

He played in 9 Regular season games last season and this season so far has 3, so if he plays 3 more this season he wont be eligible for the Calder next season.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Couldn’t we give Albert Johansson a couple of games in Detroit? Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy Simon is a Wing but Albert has paid his dues and deserves a sniff of Detroit
Let them both play with the shit show we have on the back end. Those two, Wally, chiarot, Mo, and Ghost should be the 6 in. Add Matta if you want to go 11-7

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Couldn’t we give Albert Johansson a couple of games in Detroit? Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy Simon is a Wing but Albert has paid his dues and deserves a sniff of Detroit
I really hope that ed get's 3 games or whatever, then we bring up aljo.

Aljo is no longer waiver exempt after this season (someone pointed that out) and he has shown he's there now to at least get a shot. Yes, obviously Ed deserved one, but aljo has 100% earned it.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
He made me nervous a couple of times being a little casual with the puck under pressure and as last man back. He whiffed on the hit as mentioned earlier. I think he needs to adjust to the speed of the game. He can't do that in the minors.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Aside from Ed, there aren't any kids that are gonna be an upgrade anyways.
True enough, and there should be enough depth to cover reasonable injuries, worried about a goalie, but that would certainly fall under emergency conditions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad