Player Discussion Shea Weber: The Big C

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
25pts in 31 games? Not bad. I'm sure this trade can still see-saw in terms of evaluating it but at the very least this trade's been a wash I think so far. I remember thinking there was a chance PK could slow down before Weber. We'll see. I wouldn't count out PK but two poor seasons in a row doesn't look good.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Lol. He did look pretty bad to start the season, but his shot was always there.

Just like stock market perma bears, the Weber deniers will be right, one day.
I think he may have had a small hand injury just because he wasn't really getting the same velocity and he wasn't moving the puck well at all. Could have just been the rust too idk. Looks pretty damn good right now though.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think he may have had a small hand injury just because he wasn't really getting the same velocity and he wasn't moving the puck well at all. Could have just been the rust too idk. Looks pretty damn good right now though.
Honestly, I just thought it was our predicable pp. Goalies and defenders knew that shot was coming.

On pace for 65+ points after 30 games. I think that's a better start than when he won his October Norris back in 16.

Reactions: DangerDave

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Weber lost his shot...

5 games into the season and his shot was gone :facepalm:
yeah cause clearly most of his goals comes from bombs at the blue line... like tonight I guess :dunno:

(seriously people, if you like him SOOOO much, why arent you watching him play ??)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
pretty much, but I've always liked Webs. I wouldn't mind if they traded him while that stock is high though.
Weber was my favorite Dman back when his prototype was more ideal. Back in the Komisarek days, I was dreaming of having him and Markov here together.
That's no longer the case though. As solid as he's been, I much rather have better puck movers as #1D.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
25pts in 31 games? Not bad. I'm sure this trade can still see-saw in terms of evaluating it but at the very least this trade's been a wash I think so far. I remember thinking there was a chance PK could slow down before Weber. We'll see. I wouldn't count out PK but two poor seasons in a row doesn't look good.

At this point it is a definitive win for Montreal. PK was always grossly overrated as was backed up by back to back player's polls. Throw in his self promoting nonsense that his teammates can't stand compared to the reverence showed to Weber league wide by his peers and it will take a major injury to turn this trade into Subban's favor.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not unless John Carlson slows down big time. He's on pace for 110 pts...

Carlson should slow down though right? Karlsson's best season was 82 pts and Burns was 83 last year. If I had to bet, Carlson finishes around pt/game like them. It would be very impressive if he got 90-100 IMO.

I think Weber finishes around 50-55 range even if he is on pace for 66. The bigger question is how many goals will he have? Career best is 23 I believe and he's on pace for 26/27 ish.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weber after 31 games (38% of the season)
- 10 goals (ranks 3rd)
- 25 points (ranks 7th)
- 2 PP goals (ranks T6th with many others)
- 5 PP points (ranks T31st with many others)
- 2 GWG (ranks tied 4th with many others)
- +10 (ranks tied 16th)

What's the most impressive? 20 pts 5/5. Imagine where he would be if we had a better PP?

Reactions: CDN24

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Weber after 31 games (38% of the season)
- 10 goals (ranks 3rd)
- 25 points (ranks 7th)
- 2 PP goals (ranks T6th with many others)
- 5 PP points (ranks T31st with many others)
- 2 GWG (ranks tied 4th with many others)
- +10 (ranks tied 16th)

What's the most impressive? 20 pts 5/5. Imagine where he would be if we had a better PP?
Look who he's deployed with lol. Cousins, Weal, Armia and Domi. He's the only decent PP player there. Hoping Drouin and KK coming back can fix that unit.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad