Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
source.gif

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Surprisingly, after watching him real close compared to his Nashville years, I find his reputation is a bit backwards. He's underrated offensively, and slightly overrated on his defense. Let me be clear : Weber is a great defensive player. For me it's his consistency on offence that impresses. He's regularly on the scoreboard, he gets as many goals as some of our best forwards.

I like him when he's confident and pinches more. As we know transition isnt his bread and butter (while not really being a weakness, to be fair), I find he excels in the opponent's end. Really dominant. He should be there on more offensive zone faceoffs. Guys like Mete and Petry should take care of more of the load regarding moving the puck out of the zone.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Don't forget the impact he had on the team when he came back from injury last season on Nov 27th. They had a record of 33W-21L-3OT from that moment till the end of the year. Had they been on that pace all year, they would have made the playoffs last season.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Don't forget the impact he had on the team when he came back from injury last season on Nov 27th. They had a record of 33W-21L-3OT from that moment till the end of the year. Had they been on that pace all year, they would have made the playoffs last season.
Only 2-3 more games from him and we would have made them .

The Man, The Legend, The Mountain

Reactions: jaffy27

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Now if we pick up Subban at the deadline, is there a flash of light as Bergevin stands in front of the orchestra, reaching his final crescendo then everything fades to silence.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Now if we pick up Subban at the deadline, is there a flash of light as Bergevin stands in front of the orchestra, reaching his final crescendo then everything fades to silence.
Subban and a 5th round to Habs
Byron and Leikonen to NJ

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Will never happen but the backtracking from most of the fanbase would be hilarious :laugh: especially on Facebook where 90% of posters saw Subban as a complete cancer To this team.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I’d root for him because he’s be a Hab but I would not be a fan of the trade.

we need a Lindholm/Matheson “type” player
Do you like what we saw of the Weber-Chiarot pair ? i am .
They can face best lines and it gives Mete and Petry more room to play their offensive style

Reactions: jaffy27 and CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
They can face best lines and it gives Mete and Petry more room to play their offensive style

Pleasantly surprised with how well Weber/Chiarot has worked. I thought the two slower guys together would not work but slower/slower works better than fast/slower. both are smart players and play within their speed limit and it works. End of the game up by one they seem to be quite the shutdown pair. Much like how effective markov was after losing a step the high IQ guys can adjust to their reduced footspeed.

I thought Chara was done back in 2013 after hawks exposed his speed limitation s in the final but he Adjusted. I see no reason why Weber can't be effective for another 4-5 years.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes, very much, I’m still looking for a partner for Weber but in the meantime, I’m very comfortable with this, but long term, I “believe” they need an upgrade

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He's been really good lately. Love this Shea Weber. I feel I've underrated his offense quite a bit over the years. Plenty of players have hard shot. Heck, Chariot has a huge shot, but not many, if any, can open it up as he can. His passing is underrated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad