Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
They should have looked to trade him when he came back from injury. Babcock would have paid a lot for him. Now he’s here til he breaks down. Another CHaracter move :|

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Not surprising at all. Weber was the likely choice. I would have liked to see Gally with the C but Weber is a good choice.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They could have waited, he won't return until December. Again MB failed to leave some cards off the table thinking about future events. Like if they are last by then and are thinking of trading him. Short term bull****.

Like when he signed Price.
I think they wanted to avoid having an extra distraction, especially when it was obvious Weber has been their guy since they traded for him.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm surprised they decided to break with tradition and anoint a captain.

Half the team never played with the legendary leader, they didn't want to risk a vote I suppose.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
See-Nobody-Cares.jpg

''Captain of the Montreal Canadiens here!''

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Danault is a part of the middle age core along with Gallagher and Byron. Funny how this board continues to underrate him.

Danault isn't part of any core of any NHL team....at least not at this point.
He's barely a 30-40pts players with less than 200 games in the NHL. It's like saying Eller or Shaw is\was part of the core. Byron and Gallagher are in the 400 games ranges. I think you are overating him (Funny how you love the little guy like him or Desharnais but hated the guy like PK and Price)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
More interviews with the media.

I think this will be funny. He has a certain..." you are an A Hole and are asking me stupid questions " air about him that is always going to be on display.

Austin Matthews had that same look at warmup Saturday when he got interviewed rink side by Marc Denis (not sure). You could actually feel his internal sigh as he was about to start the interview.

Wouldnt be surprised Matthews ditches Toronto when he'll be close to FA. He already seems irrate with media types, he ain't gomna last there.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Sometimes sports news make me feel really happy. I like that Weber is the new captain, but I'm really happy Lord Byron gets the A. Such a likeable dude.

Go Ti-Paul Go!

Haha I didn't even notice Lord Byron was given an "A". Love it, he's a great example for our young kids to follow.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Danault isn't part of any core of any NHL team....at least not at this point.
He's barely a 30-40pts players with less than 200 games in the NHL. It's like saying Eller or Shaw is\was part of the core. Byron and Gallagher are in the 400 games ranges. I think you are overating him (Funny how you love the little guy like him or Desharnais but hated the guy like PK and Price)

Like it or not Danault is an important part of this team now and going forward. If you are saying Danault isn't the part of the core of any nhl team, you may be right. But every NHL needs a Danault somewhere in the line-up.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
With Nashville, Weber has one of the best captain in the league. It's amazing choice. Great player and leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad