Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Good decision, honestly him or Gallagher was the right move
If Weber get's moved down the road and Gally is still here, he will be next!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
When u have a player like shea you do all you can to exploit his character and leadership.so happy he ll be wearing the c.

Wearing a C does literally nothing to ones leadership abilities or personal character. If you were a leader with character before, wearing a C doesn't amplify it.

All this does is create a story-line for the media, lock in Weber as part of the team for a while (until his likely play deteriorates), put's Weber front and center in the media's cross-hairs and ensures the Subban-Weber comparison's never go away.

You don't need a player wearing the C to have success.

If management was smart, they'd keep a few character vets on the locker room, give them A's, not hand out a C, and tell the young guys that everyone in a Habs uniform has a C (plus a H) and that they want them to comport themselves as such.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have already seen it and I don't think his play is as high as his reputation is considering how D men need to play the game now.
He looked pretty great last year before he was sidelined. And he was also injured during those games playing for such a shitty team. Dont think we can write him off just yet, but it does not look good.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Today Shea Weber is

DobvE9LXUAIOnsu.jpg

#ExpressionsOfWeber

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
We knew it was coming.
I do not expect it to change anything at all other then we get to hear someone else in front of the mic saying the same old hockey cli·chés. Battled hard, goalie made a few key saves, couldn't get special teams going etc etc

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
The role of "captain" is overated in todays NHL.

Meh. Happy for Weber but I dont know if he's happy.

MC94

May 13, 2018
Great. Happy to see he's the captain. Not a distraction Gally needed and Weber doesn't seem to have the personality that would be affected by the title. Surprised Byron got the A over Petry though.

Guess Petry is a little more tradeable now.
Well its not like its webers first time wearing the c think he will be fine

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MC94

May 13, 2018
I think people are forgetting here that Byron was chosen Assistant over Turtleneck

Let’s give plekanec his 2 games and dump his a$$

He’s finished
No lets put him as the 1c and steal another 2nd round pick from the leafs lol I think hea still got a bit of juice tbh i dont mind having him around

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The role of "captain" is overated in todays NHL.

Meh. Happy for Weber but I dont know if he's happy.

I agree. With all the mythmaking that we hear about Weber, I see very little from him that makes me think he wants this. It’s all second and third party information.

Jul 6, 2016
Obvious choice I guess.

Gally is next in line for the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad