Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can't see too many Habs fans being upset with this news. Trading Patch for the return we got and naming Weber Captain is a good thing IMO. I respect Patch but he should not of been named Captain IMO. Weber is going to talk less and lead by example more. When he talks, you listen cause you did something stupid.

Captain for the next 4 or 5 years... possibly. Best Captain since Koivu IMO.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He's a pretty obvious choice and probably the best one, I'm just not sure I love what it implies (he'll be a Hab for a while). It'll be interesting to see how he responds to the pressure. Being a captain in Montreal is very different to being a captain in Nashville.

I also don't see why Montreal needed a captain either, there's no rush (although I guess since its not an actual rebuild there may be some urgency).

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Obviously Gallagher was the other candidate, but I preffered the Weber option as the last thing you'd want is for Gallagher to change his game due to the "C". Weber you know will not change his game.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
This makes me so happy , can’t wait for Weber’s return. You need good veteran leadership when bringing up young guys and there isn’t a player better suited for the job ! Go habs Go Congrats Shea !!

Reactions: stanley25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad