Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Jul 6, 2016
How many times did Weber lead his team out of the first round with his mystical leadership powers?

Look at the team he was playing on.....

How come Weber was a mainstay on any Team Canada teams while PK was an extra or not invited at all ?

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Bergevin: Shea go stand out at the front of the ship near where it's going to hit the iceberg.

Shea: I know what you are and people will stop you someone will eventually put an end to....

Bergevin: Shut up you're the captain now go stand front of the ship get hit by the iceberg with character. Get me Basu on the phone he's going to write an article about your shitty character right now

Shea: *tearing up* no amount of money is worth .....(breaks down sobbing broken inside)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Bergevin: Shea go stand out at the front of the ship near where it's going to hit the iceberg.

Shea: I know what you are and people will stop you someone will eventually put an end to....

Bergevin: Shut up you're the captain now go stand front of the ship get hit by the iceberg with character. Get me Basu on the phone he's going to write an article about your ****ty character right now

Shea: *tearing up* no amount of money is worth .....(breaks down sobbing broken inside)

When there will no longer be any scapegoats from previous management, Berg will turn on his pets. That'll get ugly fast.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
At least they gave it to someone that’s actually respected by teammates and opponents this time.

Jul 6, 2016
This has nothing to do with captaincy. Taking shots at the better Dman for no reason says so much.

What does it says ? Subban has become an excellent d-men with his usual brain cramps once in while. He is flashier, more entertaining, etc....etc... etc.... Add yourself the adjectives. I am sure you can.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Look at the team he was playing on.....

How come Weber was a mainstay on any Team Canada teams while PK was an extra or not invited at all ?
When all else fails pull out the team Canada card. Take a look at Nashville's 2015 roster. It's virtually the same roster they went to the finals with after the trade. So that just doesn't fly.

Jul 6, 2016
When all else fails pull out the team Canada card. Take a look at Nashville's 2015 roster. It's virtually the same roster they went to the finals with after the trade. So that just doesn't fly.

Rinne was awesome. Their young D had one more year of experience. Same with Forsberg. They acquire Johansen.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
while it is an obvious choice, it's also a set up for disaster...

if he comes back and struggles, which isn't a far fetched possibility, and the team is headed towards another lottery pick season, also a strong possibility, the media/fan pressure could turn really ugly.

imo would have been a much smarter move to not name a captain this year, roll with the three as alternates, and wait till next summer to name the captain (once he's managed the return to play and either resumes high level performance or shows class and leadership despite the struggles).

will be interesting to watch how this plays out

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Outside of Gallagher, there's no one else close to being qualified to be the Habs captain.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Rinne was awesome. Their young D had one more year of experience. Same with Forsberg. They acquire Johansen.
They acquired Johansen Jan 2016 Weber's last season with the Predators. You said look at the team Weber was on and I did and now you want to make excuses. Why can't you give PK even the slightest bit of credit for helping Nashville get to the finals?

Jul 6, 2016
They acquired Johansen Jan 2016 Weber's last season with the Predators. You said look at the team Weber was on and I did and now you want to make excuses. Why can't you give PK even the slightest bit of credit for helping Nashville get to the finals?

Because folks like you on this board are giving all the credits to Subban for their Playoffs run, all the time. he was one of the key component for sure, but not the big difference maker. And yes, Weber had a solid first season with the Habs, helping them to reach 100 points, scoring on PP while PK had scored only two goals on PP the previous season. He is a leader. Like it or not. And Subban is an All-Star player doing his things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->