True Leader
May 3, 2013
Sorry, ma'am :blush:

But please, do calm down :puppy:

WHAT

tenor.gif

MC94

May 13, 2018
Good choice as captain. Like the way he took Mete and Juulsen under his wing and they have made strides. Usually there us more of a hiccup for junior players making the jump to NHL.
Up untill this post I forgot this was a weber thread

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
The poster you quoted showed 0 aggressiveness. You manage to insult his intelligence, twice, for no reason, only because your 4 year old grudge against posters who associated more to a certain player core then the managment controlling it.

You're the most toxic element on this board for past 4 years.
Amen glad someone said this.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
In order to make it less awkward to strip the 'C' from your captain, like perhaps we should have done with Patches at some point, I think the team should have an understanding with the players that all letters are stripped at the end of the season and leadership positions are re-assigned after each training camp.

For example, after this season, Weber, Gallagher and Byron are thanked for their services as official leaders; leadership for the following season is announced during the next year's training camp.

That way it's easy to communicate to current leadership group that "hey, we still want you on the team but we're trying something different this year with the official leadership group". They've already been stripped, not necessarily because they weren't good but because that's just how it works.

It seems like here in Montreal, if the captain doesn't play well, we absolutely must trade him. I think the above proposal would solve that issue because the letters just get stripped no matter what. Also, there's less pressure and we know that if a captain isn't doing great in that role, the role is easily re-assigned the following season without drama.

Reactions: Redux91

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
In order to make it less awkward to strip the 'C' from your captain, like perhaps we should have done with Patches at some point, I think the team should have an understanding with the players that all letters are stripped at the end of the season and leadership positions are re-assigned after each training camp.

For example, after this season, Weber, Gallagher and Byron are thanked for their services as official leaders; leadership for the following season is announced during the next year's training camp.

That way it's easy to communicate to current leadership group that "hey, we still want you on the team but we're trying something different this year with the official leadership group". They've already been stripped, not necessarily because they weren't good but because that's just how it works.

It seems like here in Montreal, if the captain doesn't play well, we absolutely must trade him. I think the above proposal would solve that issue because the letters just get stripped no matter what. Also, there's less pressure and we know that if a captain isn't doing great in that role, the role is easily re-assigned the following season without drama.
I don’t even think it was a case of pacioretty just not playing well. He’s not a leader and was an incredibly poor choice for captain because he does absolutely nothing else but score. If he’s slumping, he’s invisible. That’s not a leader, that’s someone who needs to be lead.

Your idea is interesting though.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its really hard to understand that quote, I'm being honest. Its almost like it was written improperly.

"I think anyone who’s disappointed with not being given an honour is—you kind of question their personality a little bit."

I think he meant to say anyone who's not dissapointed with not being given an honour?

I certainly don't read it as a shot as Subban, as by all accounts he wanted to be the C and presumably was disappointed when he didnt' get it - which is a perfectly normal reaction.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
I don’t even think it was a case of pacioretty just not playing well. He’s not a leader and was an incredibly poor choice for captain because he does absolutely nothing else but score. If he’s slumping, he’s invisible. That’s not a leader, that’s someone who needs to be lead.

Your idea is interesting though.
In hindsight, he was a poor choice.
At the time he was named captain though, it was unanimous (players, coaches, management, fans) that Patches was the right choice. Should have been stripped after his 1st season as captain, but everyone blamed Price's injury for the terrible season.

Maybe Therrien had it right (allegedly), Max was the worst captain ever. But they did nothing about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->