Sharks win 3-1

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Now that the shutout streak is over, I wonder what's the longest consecutive number of home games the home team hasn't scored two or more goals in.

The Oilers are currently at six straight.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
4-15-2

This season is pretty much done.The best thing to hope for now is Aaron Ekblad.

Ekblad-Nurse

Two defensemen that could be 6'4-6'5 and 220-245 pounds in their prime.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Kind of agreed with Ferrero after this one, no reason to boo after this loss.

Some of the losses of late have been rage inducing as the team has been going out and playing like a bunch of entitled, individualistic junior players. But I thought they played a bit more like a team tonight, albeit a woefully ineffective team that is constantly undermined by it's illogical coach, but a team nonetheless.

DareDoiler

Jan 29, 2010
This is perhaps a stupid thing to be happy about, but it really liked the frustration, disappointment in halls interview. Just seeing emotion from someone rather than lies eases my own anger quite a bit

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
I honestly just hope the losses keep piling up. Katz will eventually have to clean house..... I hope.......

Who am I kidding? #6cups

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
The posts made the score look more respectable than it really was. Could have been 5 or 6-0 by the 30 min mark.

Here is a debate that often bothers me regarding pucks hitting the posts and not go into the net and the goalie is considered lucky or is the goalie playing his angle well enough to only gave the shooter the post (?)

I would say if the goalie is beaten and out of position and the shooter hits the post instead of the open net, then the goalie was clearly beaten and got lucky. However, when the goalie has great positioning and covering all angles, the puck passes him but hits the post, then it is the result of good goaltending. I would say the goalie has sound positioning and good awareness and only gave the shooter the post to shoot at.

This would be great topic for a thread...

Last edited:

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Thank God Kevin Lowe & his Stanley Cup rings know a little bit about winning. Otherwise I might be worried....

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
4-15-2

This season is pretty much done.The best thing to hope for now is Aaron Ekblad.

Ekblad-Nurse

Two defensemen that could be 6'4-6'5 and 220-245 pounds in their prime.

Still think Ekblad is out of reach. we will crawl out of the bottom 5. Klefbom and Nurse is our saving grace. I think we will draft a forward that will hopefullly bring some size and grit. Or grab HAyden Fluery.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Struds just said on his show that players often look through message boards....

In which case....

**** you Lowe
**** you MacT
**** you Eakins
**** you Hall
**** you Eberle
**** you Gagner
**** you J.Schultz

Yakupov, you're a beauty
Arcobello, you're a beauty
Gordon, you're a beauty
Perron, you're okay so far, but we're behind you

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Lol wow

Some insane stats

I know... and I also know some will say those paces won't be kept up... which is true BUT the team is already 17 pts out of a playoff spot after just 21 games... that's almost unbelievable when you think about it.

They are so far out if it they are literally miles away from even being able to sniff the jocks of a team that will make the playoffs. :)

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
to be fair, we're only one 12 game point streak from being still way out of the playoffs - such downers in here

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Remember when Burke said Lowe was running this team into the sewer? We are floating with the turds now, a seemingly endless whirlpool of turds.

Jul 19, 2012
Gagner. Must. Go.
If Eakins has a shred of credibility left about players earning their ice time while he sends Arcobello down and sits Yakupov and Smyth, then it's Gagner's turn in the Pressbox. Put Arcobello on the 2nd line with Perron and Eberle. Hall, RNH, Yak on the 1st line. Smyth, Gordon, Hemsky.

Gazdic, Acton, Jones, most useless 4th line in hockey.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Kind of agreed with Ferrero after this one, no reason to boo after this loss.

Some of the losses of late have been rage inducing as the team has been going out and playing like a bunch of entitled, individualistic junior players. But I thought they played a bit more like a team tonight, albeit a woefully ineffective team that is constantly undermined by it's illogical coach, but a team nonetheless.

I don't think the fans were booing tonight's loss specifically. They were booing a season full of losses and the group of people who assembled this crappy team.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I know... and I also know some will say those paces won't be kept up... which is true BUT the team is already 17 pts out of a playoff spot after just 21 games... that's almost unbelievable when you think about it.

They are so far out if it they are literally miles away from even being able to sniff the jocks of a team that will make the playoffs. :)

Hey the coach is doing fine the players obviously love him and his system , they bust ass every game.

cyril*

to be fair, we're only one 12 game point streak from being still way out of the playoffs - such downers in here

Ya seriously, we are only a 20 game winning streak from being 2 points out of 10th place. Calm down everyone!!!!!

Jun 9, 2011
Struds just said on his show that players often look through message boards....

In which case....

**** you Lowe
**** you MacT
**** you Eakins
**** you Hall
**** you Eberle
**** you Gagner
**** you J.Schultz

Yakupov, you're a beauty
Arcobello, you're a beauty
Gordon, you're a beauty
Perron, you're okay so far, but we're behind you
The players probably want to win much more than the fans. They are most likely fans of the game as well. Hard for them to get confidence with the fans giving up on them. But when they start winning, all those fans will be back in the seats cheering again..I hope some of them can remember what that felt like.

Jul 19, 2012

Do you honestly think the other teams in front of us and in playoff contention will all stop winning, all at the same time? Do the math on the winning pct, it's going to take 100+ points to make the playoffs. :shakehead

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
I would allow some leeway for Gagner's less than steller play. He lost 1/2 of preseason games due to serious injury and came back early. This may contribute to lack of game shape and playing out of sync...

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Gagner. Must. Go.
If Eakins has a shred of credibility left about players earning their ice time while he sends Arcobello down and sits Yakupov and Smyth, then it's Gagner's turn in the Pressbox. Put Arcobello on the 2nd line with Perron and Eberle. Hall, RNH, Yak on the 1st line. Smyth, Gordon, Hemsky.

Gazdic, Acton, Jones, most useless 4th line in hockey.

Yup I agree with this all the 1st overalls in their natural positions , who knows it might be magic and we have not seen this yet which surprises me.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
LA is in 8th in the West and are on pace to get 111 pts.

Oilers are on pace to get 39 pts.

They are on pace to miss the playoffs by 72 pts.

Keep preaching the progress shtick MacT. :)

forgetting the oilers for a sec, that's insane the # of points the west is on for a playoff pace.
isn't the number normally needed around 94 or 95?
crazy right now. just an insane pace.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Do you honestly think the other teams in front of us and in playoff contention will all stop winning, all at the same time? Do the math on the winning pct, it's going to take 100+ points to make the playoffs. :shakehead

I think you should re-read his post.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad