Sharks win 3-1

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers allowed 37 shots (plus about 5 that rung off the posts that don't count officially as shots). No way you can call that a good defensive effort.

The Oilers missed some good chances so ya they were "unlucky" but if the luck was even on both sides and everything went in it would probably be 8-4... still a one sided loss at home for the Oilers.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Meh.

Didn't expect much.

Now I would really like it if the Oilers and Riders can beat Calgary teams this weekend. I'll admit that I'm slightly more confident on the football side of things.

cyril*

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
I've seen Taylor Hall after almost every loss. I have never seen him like I just did.The kid cares a ton but the defeats are wearing on him

Oh boy..

Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick 4m
Taylor Hall, extremely frustrated. Says he's tired of having to explain losses. "We need to win. Doesn't matter how. We need it."

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 2m
"I'm just so tired of coming in here after games and having to give a reason why we lost. We just gotta win." Taylor Hall

Will he be the first to ask for a trade?

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Im guessing the reason the refs didnt call the high stick on Gordon was because earlier in the game there was a missed call where an oiler player drew blood on a sharks player and that went uncalled. I remember Ferraro mentioning the refs explaining it to eakins

There's absolutely no way that a ref would actually admit to not calling a play to even things out. They just straight up missed it, which is hilarious because there's 4 guys on the ice that could have called it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
Arcobello has been told to find a place to live in Edmonton.

There's good news.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Can't wait till Smyth and Hemsky are gone this summer or at the deadline. They both annoy me.

If we move a piece to get a defenseman, it should be Eberle IMO. Hall and RNH compete and backcheck. Eberle coasts. Hall-RNH-Yakupov is a line I would like to see.

And I know Gagner is not 100% but he needs to start producing offensively.

We could be 7 points behind 2nd last in the Western Conference after tomorrow night. Oilers are getting another top pick.

4-15-2. I cannot believe MacT is content with this group. Will we hit 30 points this season??

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack now
Arcobello has been told to find a place to live in Edmonton.

YAY!

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick 4m
Taylor Hall, extremely frustrated. Says he's tired of having to explain losses. "We need to win. Doesn't matter how. We need it."

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 2m
"I'm just so tired of coming in here after games and having to give a reason why we lost. We just gotta win." Taylor Hall

Will he be the first to ask for a trade?

If he asks for a trade,he can just gtfo.

Winners turn teams around,losers fail and ask for a trade.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Can't wait till Smyth and Hemsky are gone this summer or at the deadline. They both annoy me.

If we move a piece to get a defenseman, it should be Eberle IMO. Hall and RNH compete and backcheck. Eberle coasts. Hall-RNH-Yakupov is a line I would like to see.

And I know Gagner is not 100% but he needs to start producing offensively.

We could be 7 points behind 2nd last in the Western Conference after tomorrow night. Oilers are getting another top pick.

4-15-2. I cannot believe MacT is content with this group. Will we hit 30 points this season??

.......oilers might bring back Smyth back

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Bryzgalov is not going to improve this team at all imo... Dubnyk was impressive tonight, Sharks could have easily put up 7 or 8 goals (without even counting posts). Patrick Roy in his prime probably wouldn't lead this team to an above .500 record by the end of this year.

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
Lets keep sending out Smyth as the extra attacker has not worked One fn time since he has been back but Renney Krueger and Eakins thinks its a brilliant play , just shows how ass backwards everything this organization does.
I think its become a thing for the coaches. Like every low percentage play it will eventually work sometime. So they go "havnt worked last 150 games, this game got to be the game it works"

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Bryzgalov is not going to improve this team at all imo... Dubnyk was impressive tonight, Sharks could have easily put up 7 or 8 goals (without even counting posts). Patrick Roy in his prime probably wouldn't lead this team to an above .500 record by the end of this year.

Rob Ford is the you?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
You assume too much, so find someone else to play with. So the top teams right now are winning because of luck speaking of assumptions. Fatalist, yeah more like realist. Check the standings again and blame bad luck all you wish, about the only thing you have left.

No, of course not, breaks even out in the end. no doubt. However, they can accumulate over short periods. A team suddenly wins 9 out of 10. some times it is just a bunch of lucky breaks. In small groupls they can add up agaisnt you. IN a season, no, they will even out. no doubt. I just think so far, breaks have not been going our way. logically they will start to even out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad