Sharks win 3-1

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
The players probably want to win much more than the fans. They are most likely fans of the game as well. Hard for them to get confidence with the fans giving up on them. But when they start winning, all those fans will be back in the seats cheering again..I hope some of them can remember what that felt like.

I honestly couldn't give a **** about player feelings anymore. We're 4-15-2, absolutely inexcusable from my POV. Last place again. Let that soak in.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
4-15-2

This season is pretty much done.The best thing to hope for now is Aaron Ekblad.

Ekblad-Nurse

Two defensemen that could be 6'4-6'5 and 220-245 pounds in their prime.

Shoot me in the ****ing head if the Oilers make that pick.

If they dont trade it for some immediate help there is no hope. It takes d-men years to become impact players. By the time Nurse/Ekblad would be ready for prime time big minutes Hall will be in his 7th or 8th year in the NHL.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think the fans were booing tonight's loss specifically. They were booing a season full of losses and the group of people who assembled this crappy team.

The end result is still the players -who may have just started to clue in a bit-, get boo'd.

No one in the arena, from the broadcast crews through to Oilers management, are going to think it's directed at anyone other than the players, and Lowe and friends certainly won't think it's directed at them.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
forgetting the oilers for a sec, that's insane the # of points the west is on for a playoff pace.
isn't the number normally needed around 94 or 95?
crazy right now. just an insane pace.

Ya the West is just ridiculously strong this year. Part of that is with more games against the weaker East teams in the new schedule... the top Western teams are able to feast and snag extra pts.

LA is 13-6-1 and clinging to 8th.

Oilers never had a shot this year basically from game 1 of the season. Outclassed completely in the West.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Is it typical for your crowd to boo opposing players who are bleeding after your own player whacks him, quite obviously, in the face...?
it just looked like they were booing that. What really happened was they started booing at the start of the game and didn't stop until they left the building.

cyril*

Hey everyone! Stauffer says the team will be good after the Olympic break. Don't fret.

"I approve this message" - #6cups

cyril*

LA is in 8th in the West and are on pace to get 111 pts.

Oilers are on pace to get 39 pts.

They are on pace to miss the playoffs by 72 pts.

Keep preaching the progress shtick MacT. :)

The Oil are on pace to get the same amount of points Colorado had last year. In 48 games.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Outshot 37-31 and they hit 4 or 5 posts that i remember.

We gave a decent effort but that isnt enough to win games in the NHL vs good teams. Wonder how we will do vs Calgary tomorrow..

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Joensuu

What I don't get this game and last, is that we were all pretty impressed with Joensuu in the pre-season and the first few games before he got injured. He brought a different dimension to the lineup, a big guy who can actually play. Yet, he played 2:05 tonight. What's with that? Wouldn't you think he'd look good on the lw on one of the top lines or even planting him in front of the net on the PP?

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
What I don't get this game and last, is that we were all pretty impressed with Joensuu in the pre-season and the first few games before he got injured. He brought a different dimension to the lineup, a big guy who can actually play. Yet, he played 2:05 tonight. What's with that? Wouldn't you think he'd look good on the lw on one of the top lines or even planting him in front of the net on the PP?

I think his back is still hurting him.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Ted Nolan said today that the Sabres are in the entertainment business. At least one of the two worst teams in the league realize this.

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
The end result is still the players -who may have just started to clue in a bit-, get boo'd.

No one in the arena, from the broadcast crews through to Oilers management, are going to think it's directed at anyone other than the players, and Lowe and friends certainly won't think it's directed at them.

Tier 2 fan here. I agree with you, and feel that now it's either sit back and suck it up. Or, hit management & owner where it hurts. $$$$$$

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I love Nail Yakupov.

Also, thank you cyril for one of the funniest posts I've ever read.

cyril said:
City hall has announced that a parade will occur Monday morning at 11:00 am for "the goal".

Pictures with the puck will be available

Oct 15, 2008
Hey everyone! Stauffer says the team will be good after the Olympic break. Don't fret.

"I approve this message" - #6cups

So we should stop watching and/or listening to his show until then?

Thanks Bob!

Now I have time to work on all the home improvement projects my wife wants me to do.:handclap:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
i think we pound the flames tommorrow.

if we played like we did in the 2nd, we are gonna **** pump the flames. **** the flames, i ****ing hate those pieces of ****

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad