Not open for further replies.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Just replace him with the younger Mila Kunis you guys got

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Shit happens Snow. In a 82 game schedule even when the games become more important like tonight was, it's not a guarantee that the team is going to come out and play up to snuff especially in the 2nd game of a back to back after playing a tough ass game the night before vs division opponent.

I'm not excusing them as they were shit for first 35 minutes no question. But and this is the important thing, even tho we played crappy, we still won the game in a pretty ugly fashion.

And that's a credit to the players and coaching staff that they are a resilient bunch and that they play their best hockey in the 3rd period all season with tonight be no different.

Last years edition of the Rangers would have lost tonight not a doubt in my mind. This year's version figured it out tho and we won a greasy game which shows how much better this year's team is in only the 2nd year of a full blown rebuild.

Keep that in mind too...this team has made some huge strides to where even peeps like me who thought the playoffs were a pipe dream have to admit that I might have underestimated this team.

I'm glad I was wrong and that playoffs is a very distinct possibility afterall...go figure!...:nod:

I doubt necessarily agree with all but I like this post..

Reactions: Captain Lindy

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto is going to fall out of the playoff picture.

This is the kind of shit you dont bounce back from.
They would if the Panthers could unf*** themselves. It's pretty sad that the 6th team in Metro might have more points than the 3rd in Atlantic.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tired team tonight. Found a way to win---well, not happening if Igor hadn't stood on his head. Panarin two unreal plays though. He's crazy good. Fast was my other star-if that's his last game as a Ranger he made it a really good one.

So now we wait and see what happens tomorrow and on Monday. This team though looks like it has a legit shot at getting into the playoffs though---that doesn't look so much like a pipe dream anymore. We're a lot hotter than most of the teams directly ahead of us and some of them are falling apart. The guys I'm thinking about trading right now aren't Kreider and Fast--they're McKegg and Smith.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Literally the worst I have ever felt going into a trade deadline. I know the right thing to do is to trade the guys, but I don't know if I wouldn't be down for a second letter telling us "F this shit, we're going for it boys..."

Only way I would be OK with blowing it up is if we got NHL ready cant miss prospects like Cody Glass or high end prospects like Robertson or McMichael.

Looking back at the prospects that have been acquired for rentals in the past just does not do it for me

Reactions: NYRangers0723

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Tired team tonight. Found a way to win---well, not happening if Igor hadn't stood on his head. Panarin two unreal plays though. He's crazy good. Fast was my other star-if that's his last game as a Ranger he made it a really good one.

So now we wait and see what happens tomorrow and on Monday. This team though looks like it has a legit shot at getting into the playoffs though---that doesn't look so much like a pipe dream anymore. We're a lot hotter than most of the teams directly ahead of us and some of them are falling apart. The guys I'm thinking about trading right now aren't Kreider and Fast--they're McKegg and Smith.

If we found a taker for Smith I don't think it would be a problem to re-sign Kreider. I really don't envy JG. But, if he does decide to still go ahead and sell some pieces, I take solace in the fact that part of the reason for our hot streak is Sheshterkin's record breaking performance over his first 8? games.

Reactions: FultonReed

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I feel for Gorton now tough spot. Hopefully tomorrow he and Kreider can get this figured out one way or another. Hopefully we can agree to a fair deal for both sides. Fast is another issue. I love Fast but I understand that he is due for a big raise too and he even though he chipped in the offense tonight that’s not his game. I love this team right now and would love to see playoffs if nothing else to get the kids experience

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
King Slayer
RemorsefulSinfulGoral-size_restricted.gif

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I feel for Gorton now tough spot. Hopefully tomorrow he and Kreider can get this figured out one way or another. Hopefully we can agree to a fair deal for both sides. Fast is another issue. I love Fast but I understand that he is due for a big raise too and he even though he chipped in the offense tonight that’s not his game. I love this team right now and would love to see playoffs if nothing else to get the kids experience

I'm in 4th place in my fantasy league but had a tough run of injuries that hurt my depth compared to other teams and won last year and 2 of the last 4 so I blew up my team and traded all my non keepers for Makar and 2 3rd round picks.

C'mon Gorts you can do it!!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I missed the match but it sounds like the Rangers f*cked around and still won. Good sign.

That's pretty much it. We blew chunks for first 35 minutes as we were badly outplayed. To be fair Sharks played probably their best game in over a month...they were swarming and all over us.

Final 5 minutes of 2nd and pretty much entire 3rd tho we finally figured them out and our talent advantage over an injury ravaged Shark team came to the forefront and we scored a few greasy goals to pull it out.

Igor stood on his head and was stupendous and showed why IMO he'll be a finalist for a Vezina as early as next year.

Bottom line...ugly ass win but a win we never would have won last year and so we'll take and move on to our next most important game of the season this coming Tuesday in a HUGE game vs Islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad