• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think he has the potential to be, but Gaborik was fantastic while he was here and I still think we traded him too soon.... however, that did get us Brass which got us Zib so... maybe that should be another point in favor of Gabby being the best FA signing....

Gaborik had two good and two bad seasons with the Rangers, neither of the two good seasons were as good as this season for Panarin.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Whether we get in or not I just hope JG doesn’t follow the leafs blueprint In any sort of way. 4 superstars and they legit suck
They do suck. But I think they don’t even have a blue print. They have been playing it safe for years. Can’t win asleep at the wheel. Malpractice, if you ask me. Blessed with being born on third and they’re gonna take three strikes again. Any other franchise would boil over but they don’t care because they’re always a cash cow.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Literally the worst I have ever felt going into a trade deadline. I know the right thing to do is to trade the guys, but I don't know if I wouldn't be down for a second letter telling us "F this shit, we're going for it boys..."
You and me and many here, I reckon. Lucky for us JG is cold-blooded.

Reactions: Larrybiv

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He did! Went uncalled. I believe happened during same play Gauthier hit the puck into the stands and got called on it
Carolina was pretty dirty. And then in the span of less than 24 hours we’re all rooting for them again. Hah!

Reactions: bl02

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Regardless what happens on Monday, we still have a big week ahead. A make or break week. 4 games in 6 days. A home and home vs PHI. Before that the Isles and MTL. If we sweep, we could be one point ahead of PHI for the 3rd spot in the Metro. Or one point behind if PHI beats SJ Tuesday. Isles and CAR have a tough week ahead. CBJ has it easier but lost their last 8.

So,.. If we keep winning, these next 4 games, we are in a playoff spot. This week is critical cause there will be less opportunities to gain ground once divisional play between all Metro teams begin.

I realize that sweeping the next 4 games would mean winning 7 in a row, which is far from our best 4 game win streak this season. But we are 10-3 in our last 13. I think now is the time, that we might be able to string along some wins together.

Last edited:

mti79

May 11, 2007
Gaborik had two good and two bad seasons with the Rangers, neither of the two good seasons were as good as this season for Panarin.

40 goals, pace for 30, 40 goals.... on teams that were extremely limited in offensive ability.

2009-10: Gaborik 42 goals, 44 assists. 86 points. 2nd was Prospal with 20-38-58
2010-11: Gaborik 22-26-48 in 62 games. Dubinsky led the team with 24-30-54
2011-2012: Gaborik 41-35-76. Richards 25-41-66. Cally was 3rd with 54 points.

I love Panarin and think he will probably be the better signing, but not willing to go there just yet.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ballsy Win from an exhausted team after playing 3 games in 4 nights. Especially last nights game being on the road.

If you were a betting man this game was the perfect game for the Sharks to upset the Rangers. They were fully rested having been in New York since Thursday.

The Rangers probably landed around 1 am today.

As I said a few times tonight...not a chance in the world does last years Rangers win this game as it would have been a dissapointing loss.

This year's version tho...very resilient team we got which for some crazy but wonderful reason seems to play it's best hockey in the 3rd period, pulls off the ugly win as Rangers become more and more confident as the season goes on.

Pretty remarkable at what's going on and we just need to ride the wave. It kind of reminds me a bit of the Mets 2nd half surge last season when out of the blue they got themselves in the playoff mix after looking dead and buried for most of the season.

Whether or not we get into the dance might have alot to do with what happens by the Monday TDL but at the very least, this team is poised to be a factor the rest of the way and the future is mighty bright.

Hard to ask for much more just 2 years into a full fledged rebuild...ya think? lol

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm sure you're all aware, but our March schedule f*cking sucks. 15 games in 31 nights. most games are against playoff teams/teams fighting for a spot

And that's because of the stupid idiotic schedule the NHL gave us this year where we had 3 ridiculous stretches where we only played a couple of game in three separate 10 day spans or something like that.

We all knew this absurd schedule we got would catch up to us later on in the season and we'd have a ton of games in a congested amount of time.

We just didn't know at the time that we'd be a friggen playoff contender when it would happen...lol

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm sure you're all aware, but our March schedule f*cking sucks. 15 games in 31 nights. most games are against playoff teams/teams fighting for a spot
Which is why I say this coming week is critical. We have to be right there in the mix before March. We can't be on the outside looking in,... otherwise we will never be able to jump over three or four teams ahead of us.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I said something in the game thread that I would like to clarify for anyone who cares. I said that the Hurricanes emergency goalie played 8 seconds of a game before tonight in 2016–17. I confused the names. That was Alves. This guy is Ayres. Similar names and both were emergency goalies for the Hurricanes. My bad.

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad