Post-Game Talk: sharks @ Rangers

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm sure you're all aware, but our March schedule f*cking sucks. 15 games in 31 nights. most games are against playoff teams/teams fighting for a spot
I give this team a punchers chance versus most of the currently-in-the-playoff teams. TB, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington obviously the top teams but I rank the Rangers right there with Philly I’m that next rung. I wouldn’t say anything’s impossible and I can’t imagine any team would be excited to run into the Rangers right now.

BLEETCH1994

Jun 11, 2019
Man, oh man. I was SO against signing Panarin. As a fan of the Rangers for 40 years...tattooed and have a closet full of game used jerseys...seeing so many bad big signings, I have never been so happy to be so wrong. What a pleasure to have him on this team. An absolute pleasure.

Last edited:

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I just watched the game. I read a little here and have to disagree with those who said the Rangers sucked until 5 minutes left in the second.
I thought they may have been a little sloppy but they held their own and definitely had their chances to score.
A great scene was after Panarin swung his stick and made a perfect and insane pass to Zibenejad who netted it, Panarin, Zibanejad and Keider hugged behind the net. I thought, hmmm, they all should be Rangers for the next 6 years minimum.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0_d.jpg

Reactions: tlk

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
lol Leafs.....I had to watch both games....holy cow that was embarrassing for Toronto.

Sure some teams are running away in the standings, but like lol, “all” teams sucks in not so insignificant areas. Boston just gave up 9 against Vancouver...

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
As I said a few times tonight...not a chance in the world does last years Rangers win this game as it would have been a dissapointing loss.

This year's version tho...very resilient team we got which for some crazy but wonderful reason seems to play it's best hockey in the 3rd period, pulls off the ugly win as Rangers become more and more confident as the season goes on.

Pretty remarkable at what's going on and we just need to ride the wave. It kind of reminds me a bit of the Mets 2nd half surge last season when out of the blue they got themselves in the playoff mix after looking dead and buried for most of the season.

Whether or not we get into the dance might have alot to do with what happens by the Monday TDL but at the very least, this team is poised to be a factor the rest of the way and the future is mighty bright.

Hard to ask for much more just 2 years into a full fledged rebuild...ya think? lol
I just KNEW you would compare it with last years Mets. Was thinking EXACTLY the same, over the course of last week. But, you said it. Lol.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That is a franchise-crushing game right there.
Agreed. That is just unheard of! NEVER has been done before.
Losing to a team playing against a 42 year old, hanging out in the stands as emergency back up? What a very bad story they have written for themselves. Good for Carolina though. After horrible game vs Rangers, they stuck together to win what seemed an un-winnable game. Haha, on Toronto.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Being in a "hurry" to be in that class with Wash. TBL, St.L etc. would be the worst thing to do at this point. Let time, be time.
We are 2-3 years ahead of schedule. Do diligence at this point.

Had a dream (I think) last night.....or a little birdie. This is what I have.

7x7 49 mil
7x6 42 mil

Difference of 7 mil
7 ÷ 2= 3.5 mil
3.5÷6= 583.000.00

Final contract
6 years x 7.583 mil. =45.498/45.5 mil.

1 less year, extra 3.5 million
NTC for first 5 years
LTC (His choice of 10 teams) in 6th year.

Trade him and come back home, next year.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Never saw the game but just wanna point out again that since the start of the year with these polls I can only think of a handful of times Panarin wasnt top 3 in the voting. He is unreal, and if he can give us even 5 years of this we made the right signing. He wont get it but he should be a top 3 candidate for the Hart this year, nobody has done more with less.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Looked good overall though? I've liked him so far, it will be interesting to see what he is like when he gets acclimated here.

He needs some coaching and more minutes...he seems to get going... just a little hesitant..if Kreider goes I would play him with Zib

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He needs some coaching and more minutes...he seems to get going... just a little hesitant..if Kreider goes I would play him with Zib

No way he earned first line opportunity, not even close for his own sake or the sake of the team.

Reactions: romba

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Man, oh man. I was SO against signing Panarin. As a fan of the Rangers for 40 years...tattooed and have a closet full of game used jerseys...seeing so many bad big signings, I have never been so happy to be so wrong. What a pleasure to have him on this team. An absolute pleasure.
Same, all I could think of was Gomez, Drury, Redden, etc. I had no idea he was this good. The way he can pick guys pockets and take the puck the other way reminds me of Datsyuk.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
40 goals, pace for 30, 40 goals.... on teams that were extremely limited in offensive ability.

2009-10: Gaborik 42 goals, 44 assists. 86 points. 2nd was Prospal with 20-38-58
2010-11: Gaborik 22-26-48 in 62 games. Dubinsky led the team with 24-30-54
2011-2012: Gaborik 41-35-76. Richards 25-41-66. Cally was 3rd with 54 points.

I love Panarin and think he will probably be the better signing, but not willing to go there just yet.

Eh, in 10-11 he scored 10 of his 22 goals in 3 games.

DannyDimes8

Feb 28, 2018
So what are we thinking the goalie situation is this week? Gonna be at the Philly game on Friday and praying it's Igor but thinking it might not be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad