3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Agreed. I feel like that is the only true way to f*ck up this deadline... to self rent. Even if we re-sign a guy some want traded or vice-versa, just don't self rent.
Yupp. Seasons like these are how rebuilds are ruined. I’m not saying we’ll be doomed forever if we self-rent, but it’s not good. Jus a tough situation. Also, you don’t want the players playing their hearts out for a chance to make the playoffs, only for the GM to sell anyways. But if we can’t re-sign the guy, that’s bad too. Then again, maybe self-renting isn’t the worst thing if Kreider is asking for a lot. 7x7 for Kreider may be a bad deal down the road.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That first period was inexcusable and while the last two were great they were good enough. Need to be better though.

Shit happens Snow. In a 82 game schedule even when the games become more important like tonight was, it's not a guarantee that the team is going to come out and play up to snuff especially in the 2nd game of a back to back after playing a tough ass game the night before vs division opponent.

I'm not excusing them as they were shit for first 35 minutes no question. But and this is the important thing, even tho we played crappy, we still won the game in a pretty ugly fashion.

And that's a credit to the players and coaching staff that they are a resilient bunch and that they play their best hockey in the 3rd period all season with tonight be no different.

Last years edition of the Rangers would have lost tonight not a doubt in my mind. This year's version figured it out tho and we won a greasy game which shows how much better this year's team is in only the 2nd year of a full blown rebuild.

Keep that in mind too...this team has made some huge strides to where even peeps like me who thought the playoffs were a pipe dream have to admit that I might have underestimated this team.

I'm glad I was wrong and that playoffs is a very distinct possibility afterall...go figure!...:nod:

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I missed the match but it sounds like the Rangers f***ed around and still won. Good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad