Post-Game Talk: sharks @ Rangers

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Did Quinn mix up the lines last night? I noticed Mika and Panarin on the ice a lot together. Or was it just delayed changes?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Did Quinn mix up the lines last night? I noticed Mika and Panarin on the ice a lot together. Or was it just delayed changes?
Looking at Shift Chart, it just looks like delayed changes and sometimes them being on the ice together at end of a PP. Otherwise, no definitive Panarin-Zibanejad combo out there for a full shift or something outside the empty net situation at the end of the game.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'd like to see a little more offensive potential from Brendan Lemieux. I think management should flip him with PDG on the lines and see if he can get a little bit more going with Chytil and Kakko- I think the expectation would be that he could be a third liner, not just a 4th guy.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'd like to see a little more offensive potential from Brendan Lemieux. I think management should flip him with PDG on the lines and see if he can get a little bit more going with Chytil and Kakko- I think the expectation would be that he could be a third liner, not just a 4th guy.
I think Gauthier may be the guy to get that role eventually...

...unless other moves bump him even higher, and then Lemieux slots in on the third behind him. (Which may well be the longterm plan.)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
From what I noticed it was at the end of a PK or at the end of the period for an offensive draw/attack

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I just watched the game. I read a little here and have to disagree with those who said the Rangers sucked until 5 minutes left in the second.
I thought they may have been a little sloppy but they held their own and definitely had their chances to score.
A great scene was after Panarin swung his stick and made a perfect and insane pass to Zibenejad who netted it, Panarin, Zibanejad and Keider hugged behind the net. I thought, hmmm, they all should be Rangers for the next 6 years minimum.
I heart this post.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
When talking about best free agent signings ever, Graves has to be up there. But I think it's going to be Panarin in the end barring some catastrophic injury.

Bread man delivers
m-cc-panera-bread-van-1.jpg

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
leafs post game thread is comic platinum.

I'm crying reading the takes.

omg.
It was a tough spot for them though. If they won, everyone else would say, "oh big deal. You beat a 42-year-old zamboni driver in net." It was a lose lose for them. I was hoping they'd win in the worst way to help us out. f*** Carolina.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
After Ayres gave up 2 on his first 3 SOG, Canes clamped down. Leafs were also Rongos in the 3rd. And with time running out they basically stopped playing and let the Zamboni driver have his glory.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Agreed. That is just unheard of! NEVER has been done before.
Losing to a team playing against a 42 year old, hanging out in the stands as emergency back up? What a very bad story they have written for themselves. Good for Carolina though. After horrible game vs Rangers, they stuck together to win what seemed an un-winnable game. Haha, on Toronto.
Very true. Gotta give the Hurricanes credit. They definitely played their hearts out after being embarrassed by us. Now the embarrassment is passed on to the Leafs, which is awesome.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I just had to go take a peek in there. The GDT/PGT is 68 pages long. They are angry. Even more so as only two players are taking optional practice today. Nylander taking shooting practice against Ayres. It's pretty bad admittedly to have someone you employ dress for the other team and record the win against you, then goes right back to being your employee the next day.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Gomez gave us two seasons of 1C play and then brought McDonagh back in a trade. Unironically one of our best UFA signings ever.
Yeah, I liked Scotty too. Maybe it was Drury that wasnt what we wanted, nor expected.
Loved Scotty's honest post games, if I recall correctly.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I just had to go take a peek in there. The GDT/PGT is 68 pages long. They are angry. Even more so as only two players are taking optional practice today. Nylander taking shooting practice against Ayres. It's pretty bad admittedly to have someone you employ dress for the other team and record the win against you, then goes right back to being your employee the next day.
Surprised they didnt fire him, and surely was razzed the next day as a "traitor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad