Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
He could be an interesting 4th liner. He's shown some issues with questionable penalties during the WJCs, but if he can sort that out he looks like a high energy sparkplug type this team could use sooner or later.

Gregor and Viel now have competition.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
A Viel - Ozzy - Raska 4th line would be a pretty annoying to play against. I don't think they'd keep Ozzy up just to play on the 4th line though.

It's be an annoying line but it would also be destroyed on a regular basis. Raska needs at least a year at the earliest and Wiesblatt probably isn't ready to center an NHL line.

Reactions: anthonyyy

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
A Viel - Ozzy - Raska 4th line would be a pretty annoying to play against. I don't think they'd keep Ozzy up just to play on the 4th line though.
Would say Reedy more likely than Ozzy or Raska on the 4th line. Think he’s got a great chance at potentially making the team out of camp next year. Depends what the rest of the offseason looks like and what they do with Gregor (4th line speedster and PK guy or bump him up to a scoring line). I still contend a 4th line of Gregor-Gambrell-Nieto would be fun. Undersized for sure, but all three are great skaters and should thrive together in a heavy DZ role with PK time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So it looks like Robinson is the only unsigned prospect that we lose rights for this year. Anyone think he gets signed?

Stats look pretty bad and he is 24. With Emond, Melnichuk, Korenar, and Chrona all in the system along with Jones not going anywhere and Sawchenko being there too, I don’t see any space for him. Granted Chrona is in college but they still can sign someone to an AHL deal.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
So it looks like Robinson is the only unsigned prospect that we lose rights for this year. Anyone think he gets signed?

Stats look pretty bad and he is 24. With Emond, Melnichuk, Korenar, and Chrona all in the system along with Jones not going anywhere and Sawchenko being there too, I don’t see any space for him. Granted Chrona is in college but they still can sign someone to an AHL deal.

I seriously doubt it. Sharks have four goaltenders for the NHL/AHL already (Korenar, Melnichuk, Sawchenko, Emond), so I kind of think they're already looking at their NHL backup, two AHL starters, and ECHL backup (provided someone isn't traded or injured). Another AHL contract might happen, but Robinson seems well down the list - I'd re-sign Harvey first. Chrona could be a year away as well (replacing one of those guys).

There just isn't room, and Robinson hasn't been too impressive.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I seriously doubt it. Sharks have four goaltenders for the NHL/AHL already (Korenar, Melnichuk, Sawchenko, Emond), so I kind of think they're already looking at their NHL backup, two AHL starters, and ECHL backup (provided someone isn't traded or injured). Another AHL contract might happen, but Robinson seems well down the list - I'd re-sign Harvey first. Chrona could be a year away as well (replacing one of those guys).

There just isn't room, and Robinson hasn't been too impressive.
Agree with everything you said.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Our 2020 prospects have been pretty damn awesome across the board. All these guys pretty much produced at a pretty effective level. Makes me optimistic for the future at forward. I have a feeling we go heavy on defense in the 2021 draft past rd 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad