Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I checked lines what Michigan has. Bordeleau is playing with some ok-players it seems. But Beniers, Johnson and Brisson are playing on the same line which means Bordeleau are not getting possible superstar players on his line and he is probably not getting as high minutes. So it seems that he is still doing quite fine. I bet that he would have more points if he would play with Johnson and Brisson instead of Beniers.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I checked lines what Michigan has. Bordeleau is playing with some ok-players it seems. But Beniers, Johnson and Brisson are playing on the same line which means Bordeleau are not getting possible superstar players on his line and he is probably not getting as high minutes. So it seems that he is still doing quite fine. I bet that he would have more points if he would play with Johnson and Brisson instead of Beniers.
I mean yes you’re right he’d have more points but Michigan does have lots first round picks on their roster. Outside of those 3, there’s also Samsoskevich, Hughes, Power, Beecher. There’s also Portillo, Ciccolini, Duke, Edwards, and probably a few others that were drafted.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Unfortunately Beniers gets the extra spot for being a higher pick, but Bordeleau has always been equally as good when I watched

Reactions: Sandisfan

Shark in Hockeytown

Jul 18, 2021
Uh, no. Mel Pearson's job is to win games for Michigan, not be a farm team for the NHL. If he plays Beniers at the first line center and Bordeleau as the second line center, it is because he thinks that gives UofM the best chance of winning this year.

College hockey may be a great place for players to develop, but the coaches' task is to win games, not to develop players.

From the Michigan games I have seen this year, Beniers strikes me as a better prospect and player right now than Bordeleau, but Bordeleau is a very good prospect and college player.

Unfortunately Beniers gets the extra spot for being a higher pick, but Bordeleau has always been equally as good when I watched

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Uh, no. Mel Pearson's job is to win games for Michigan, not be a farm team for the NHL. If he plays Beniers at the first line center and Bordeleau as the second line center, it is because he thinks that gives UofM the best chance of winning this year.

College hockey may be a great place for players to develop, but the coaches' task is to win games, not to develop players.

From the Michigan games I have seen this year, Beniers strikes me as a better prospect and player right now than Bordeleau, but Bordeleau is a very good prospect and college player.
Obviously Beniers is a better prospect he's a 2nd overall pick. If Bordeleau was to out perform him to earn the top line spot we'd have a gem on our hands.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Thats just not true. That is the job of the coach in theory, but not how things work in practice. They prioritized seniors like Beecher last year when Bordeleau was far better every night, and I watched 90% of Michigan games then. Im not arguing Bordeleau is going to turn out better, but he has had atleast as good an impact and had real chemistry with Brisson before they shook up the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad