Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Cheko should get a chance his NHLe should be like 40 points or something
Depends on coach system.
Torpedo’s head coach has very good reputation among players, media, etc. He is good guy who likes offensive hockey and he gave to Chekhovich as much space as he needed. We saw what happens when Ivan plays under coach like Sommer so we should realize that Chekhovich played well in KHL because of great environment in Torpedo. He just played and enjoyed hockey.
How will Ivan play under Bougner’s coaching? We will see.
And don’t forget about Sharks’ locker room issues.
Chekhovich is now a bit proven player so he gotta get top 6 minutes and don’t play like Leonard (one mistake - healthy scratch) or or like Chmelevski/Blichfeld (6-7 min per game).

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Depends on coach system.
Torpedo’s head coach has very good reputation among players, media, etc. He is good guy who likes offensive hockey and he gave to Chekhovich as much space as he needed. We saw what happens when Ivan plays under coach like Sommer so we should realize that Chekhovich played well in KHL because of great environment in Torpedo. He just played and enjoyed hockey.
How will Ivan play under Bougner’s coaching? We will see.
And don’t forget about Sharks’ locker room issues.
Chekhovich is now a bit proven player so he gotta get top 6 minutes and don’t play like Leonard (one mistake - healthy scratch) or or like Chmelevski/Blichfeld (6-7 min per game).
I think Chekhovich would fit pretty well with Couture and Kane so I’d be okay with him on that line.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't know how Chekhovich will do in the NHL. But his KHL production is a great sign. Merkley is kind of the opposite...his AHL production just isn't a good sign.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I don't know how Chekhovich will do in the NHL. But his KHL production is a great sign. Merkley is kind of the opposite...his AHL production just isn't a good sign.
I still don't know why he bombed in the AHL last season but is doing great in the KHL this season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Look at what Hughes, Heiskanen, and Makar did. At Merkley's age they are/were dominant NHL contributors. Merkely isn't even doing that in the AHL.
Right, so you were expecting him to be a rookie of the year candidate right off the bat? That’s very optimistic. Those 3 are all tremendous players without the baggage Merkley has. He has a more difficult climb ahead of him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Right, so you were expecting him to be a rookie of the year candidate right off the bat? That’s very optimistic. Those 3 are all tremendous players without the baggage Merkley has. He has a more difficult climb ahead of him.

I was expecting him to at least dominate the AHL.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He’s still got time this season, hopefully he meets your expectations. I think everyone would be pleased with that.
I think if the season was more "normal" we would have a better gauge but if he doesn't force himself into the nhl by the end of the season for at least a game or two there should be some concerns

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think if the season was more "normal" we would have a better gauge but if he doesn't force himself into the nhl by the end of the season for at least a game or two there should be some concerns

The Cuda season has been even more abnormal. They played like 5 games, then had a 14 day break due to covid before playing again. Harder to stay sharp with games like that.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Oh I wouldn't write him off that quickly. As down as I am on him at the moment I think he can probably become effective, I just don't think it's soon enough to help the current core. He'll grow up and realize what needs to be done at some point. Might be 2 or 3 seasons though. Hence the reason I think they should include him in a trade for something that is NHL ready sooner... Like Eichel. :naughty:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
They also were all high picks. There’s a reason Merkley went 21 overall.
To be fair in his draft year many said he would have been a much higher pick if it wasn't for his attitude. Some even said he was one of the most talented players in his draft year. I think you have to hope there is progress by the end of this season. Doesn't need to be rookie of the year but he should start to figure it out a little at least offensively by then. Then play all next season in the AHL and hopefully the following season earn some call ups. If I had to bet though I think Pasichuk will become an NHL regular long before he does.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
To be fair in his draft year many said he would have been a much higher pick if it wasn't for his attitude. Some even said he was one of the most talented players in his draft year. I think you have to hope there is progress by the end of this season. Doesn't need to be rookie of the year but he should start to figure it out a little at least offensively by then. Then play all next season in the AHL and hopefully the following season earn some call ups. If I had to bet though I think Pasichuk will become an NHL regular long before he does.
Pasichuk is also 4 years older than him.
I mean he does have 5 points in 10 games. That's not horrible.
That’s pretty damn good for a 20 year old in his first season against men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad