Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Any info about Hatakka`s plans? Will he join Sharks or stay in Finland one more season?
He already played two seasons in Finnish top league (even on the first pair during second half of this season) so probably he will get the opportunity to move straight to NHL after camp like Ferraro? I see him on the roster sooner (this season) or later (in couple years), very reliable D this team needs.
Would love to see Hatakka replace MEV

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

Ozzy invited to camp but not attending. Haven't seen any reason why.

I saw a couple of the "older" guys get invited but aren't attending. As said I'm assuming it's related to NHL camps and/or those guys already have good shots at the team and are training elsewhere bc of that.
Saw someone in the Canada WJC thread mention Ozzy should be on the team this year.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I saw a couple of the "older" guys get invited but aren't attending. As said I'm assuming it's related to NHL camps and/or those guys already have good shots at the team and are training elsewhere bc of that.
Saw someone in the Canada WJC thread mention Ozzy should be on the team this year.
I hope he goes. Rushing him to the NHL makes no sense

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
Pretty sure the Covid was end of last year and the appendicitis was a few months ago? Swore I read about both as being in the past.

Covid in 2020
Appendicitis January 2021
Injured after hitting the bench door in his return in January 2021
Minor injury to his hand in May 2021

Reactions: NiWa

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Covid in 2020

Yeah, December-January was a rough 2 months for Eklund. Covid made him miss World Juniors and then just after he got back the appendicitis. And then the door as you mentioned, but if I remember it correct it really didn't make him miss anymore games.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
A couple of connections between this weekend's newest Sharks and some current Sharks:
  • Max McCue played with Ryan Merkley on the London Knights.
  • Artem Guryov played with Zach Gallant on the Peterborough Petes.
Nothing too important, but I was loading them into my Sharks spreadsheet, noticed that, and thought it was interesting. Might also explain how the Sharks were introduced to these two.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Covid in 2020

Wilson sure loves Swedes with an injury history. Bet he gives him a big contract next. :sarcasm:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I can't wait to watch the World Juniors this year. Between Eklund and Bordeleau we're actually gonna have 2 of the best players in the tournament.

Now that I think about it...alot of our 2020 class will get the chance to play which is also exciting.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I think Wiesblatt, Bordeleau and Guschin are the only 3 from 2020 that are eligible. The rest save for Spitserov will be 20 before the tournament starts and I doubt Spitserov is even considered for Russia. From this year it’s likely just Eklund and Gaudreau that have a shot, with Cardwell having an outside shot getting a camp invite if he gets off to a great start.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think Wiesblatt, Bordeleau and Guschin are the only 3 from 2020 that are eligible. The rest save for Spitserov will be 20 before the tournament starts and I doubt Spitserov is even considered for Russia. From this year it’s likely just Eklund and Gaudreau that have a shot, with Cardwell having an outside shot getting a camp invite if he gets off to a great start.
I doubt Gaudreau makes it this year, but you never know. Canada usually takes older goalies, and he's also gonna be behind Cossa from this year.
The other 4 should be there though. And other than Wiesblatt, should have impactful roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad