Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Smith and Skjei were dominating. DOMINATING. And for them to be riding pine in the final few minutes and then for Holden to be out there in the final minute is inexcusable. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It's mindboggling how stupid that is. How how how why why why what the ****ing ****

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Grabner and Hayes had a 2 on 1 break that they dumped it in and changed....I remember it distinctly....could not believe what I was watching.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
AV loves Vesey because he is defensively reliable. All coaches love that. His upside isn't Buch, but he rarely screws up. That's also why he loves Fast, who might be the most sound defensive forward I have seen since Jan Erixon.

Vesey has had some bad puck luck but he is skating hard. That is the bottom line. He skates hard and will go do some dirty work on the boards. AV wants somebody like that with Zib and Nash. I personally might go back to Kreider-Zib-Zooks or Nash-Stepan-Zooks or Kreider-Zib-Nash. I would consider Jimbo on the 3rd line and move JT up.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
By the way, I hated the loss as much as anyone else, but that is as much fun as I can have watching a hockey game. Unbelievable tension and pace.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
before we knew it, safe is death is back. This is what got Torts fired. Safety neutered our offense. Between what everyone else have said about short shifts, turtling and getting shelled, not taking offensive chances in the overtime, playing an awful, abysmal, abhorrent Staal-Holden pairing because they're "the conventionally stay at home safe players", this is slowly shaping up to be an off season firing. I hope Vigneault gives Staal-Holden even more ice time. Maybe bench our trade deadline acquisition in Smith. Maybe bench McDonagh because Girardi is bad. Maybe blame Skjei for being a rookie. Whatever he needs to do to get himself fired faster.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
AV is stubborn. I doubt he'll adjust too much. If anything the only thing I see him do change up the forwards a bit.

If the team loses in the first round, he deserves to be fired. In hindsight, what a strange time to give him an extension. Should of waited until the offseason to consider an extension. Maybe they were hoping it would give him motivation.

Also, I don't get why AV is allowed to bury good players the front office trades for. Yandle, Smith on the third pairing. The team gave up assets for them, step in and tell him to use them correctly Gorton

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Vesey had a good game yesterday. Rookie hiccup with that icing, but he wasn't bad last night.

Agreed. I think his first season has been solid. It's expected for a rookie. He should have been scratched for his play at points during the season, but that's not his job to be held accountable by the coach.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
before we knew it, safe is death is back. This is what got Torts fired. Safety neutered our offense. Between what everyone else have said about short shifts, turtling and getting shelled, not taking offensive chances in the overtime, playing an awful, abysmal, abhorrent Staal-Holden pairing because they're "the conventionally stay at home safe players", this is slowly shaping up to be an off season firing. I hope Vigneault gives Staal-Holden even more ice time. Maybe bench our trade deadline acquisition in Smith. Maybe bench McDonagh because Girardi is bad. Maybe blame Skjei for being a rookie. Whatever he needs to do to get himself fired faster.

Shrewd.

Root for bad things.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Vesey has had the worst impact on this team since January 1st.

More than Girardi.

I know you're a metrics guy, but if metrics shows that Vesey had a bigger negative effect than Girardi, than I would have no problem calling metrics worthless, which I know they aren't.

Weren't you the one who told me in December that metrics indicate that Columbus would be out of playoffs contention by January?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Shrewd.

Root for bad things.

Well what good does it do getting to the ECF to only get whitewashed by the Penguins again? That buys AV some time. If we go one and done then Gorton has to seriously look at giving AV the boot.

And let's be realistic if we are giving up 50 SOG to the Canadiens the Penguins could push for 70.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know you're a metrics guy, but if metrics shows that Vesey had a bigger negative effect than Girardi, than I would have no problem calling metrics worthless, which I know they aren't.

Weren't you the one who told me in December that metrics indicate that Columbus would be out of playoffs contention by January?

We get outshot more with Vesey on the ice versus Girardi; we get outscored more with Vesey on the ice versus Girardi. Call it what you want.

No, I never said that about Columbus. What I said about Columbus is that they were a very average team outside of their huge winning streak and won't contend for a Cup.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
By the way, I hated the loss as much as anyone else, but that is as much fun as I can have watching a hockey game. Unbelievable tension and pace.

Absolutely this

I missed being invested in a game like this.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If that was Crosby Malkin and kessel getting the shots instead of ott king and Gallagher this woulda been a 10 goal shellacking

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Do we know if they're practicing after they get back to NY today? Judging from Borges' IG story, they've already left Montreal.

Not sure.

Only one day between games switching arenas is short. I would think they got on a flight right after last night's game?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Smith and Skjei were dominating. DOMINATING. And for them to be riding pine in the final few minutes and then for Holden to be out there in the final minute is inexcusable. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It's mindboggling how stupid that is. How how how why why why what the ****ing ****

Thinking same thing...was that when couldn't make a change?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Well what good does it do getting to the ECF to only get whitewashed by the Penguins again? That buys AV some time. If we go one and done then Gorton has to seriously look at giving AV the boot.

And let's be realistic if we are giving up 50 SOG to the Canadiens the Penguins could push for 70.

It's a bizarrely stupid thing to root for because no coach can elevate a team to success.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Montreal put up 50+ shots icing 3 non-NHL'ers in their bottom 6 and giving Philip ****ing Danault 1st line minutes.

Pittsburgh would put this team into a food processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad