Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
IMO this generation isn't as loud and obnoxious as we were :laugh: plus beer was cheaper at the MSG back in the 90s.

LOL blame it on the alcohol. :D

My point was basically the Spurs had the same types of crowds for 20 years but they went from loud to quiet to loud based largely on the 3 different arenas they played in.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
IMO this generation isn't as loud and obnoxious as we were :laugh: plus beer was cheaper at the MSG back in the 90s.

Another major factor in the atmosphere changing at MSG, and I believe it is responsible for taking the crowd out of it, is the constant pumping of loud music into every single break in play.

I believe this policy came into being as a direct result of some of the things we used to scream and chant. The league was none too happy about these things being heard on television.

It also led to the banning of fans hanging banners.

Some of you other old-timers must recall when the Brodeur banner unfurled during the National Anthem, and there were other similar, and to me glorious moments, surrounding these incidents.

Essentially the arena has been sanitized.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Marc Staal, this version of him, is absolutely soft.

The amount of times he quits on plays or fails to stand his ground with the puck are maddening. The amount of times he pointlessly wags his stick instead of playing the man is inexcusable. In a series where the Habs and Rangers are quite literally trying to kill each other, Marc clearly didn't get the memo and the Habs are exploiting it by targeting his wing on entries and when he has the puck.

I fully recognize it's likely an eye issue and not a mental fortitude issue but call a spade a spade.

You're right. It all changed after the eye injury. It's why I'm hesitant to ever criticize him. Anyway, it's not his fault that he's out there. That's management's decision. He's trying his best. It's just not enough, anymore.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Another major factor in the atmosphere changing at MSG, and I believe it is responsible for taking the crowd out of it, is the constant pumping of loud music into every single break in play.

I believe this policy came into being as a direct result of some of the things we used to scream and chant. The league was none too happy about these things being heard on television.

It also led to the banning of fans hanging banners.

Some of you other old-timers must recall when the Brodeur banner unfurled during the National Anthem, and there were other similar, and to me glorious moments, surrounding these incidents.

Essentially the arena has been sanitized.

I remember. Actually now that you bring these points up it makes quite a bit of sense. I wish the fans would just say screw it and bring the boom. I'm so jealous of how loud the bell is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad