Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
good to see 42 and 76 in lineup. i was told that one of them would not be playing game 1

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
good to see 42 and 76 in lineup. i was told that one of them would not be playing game 1

sad part is at this point, we have 3 top 4 defensemen...

somehow, 2 of those 3 (Skjei and Smith) need to get sheltered matchups... meanwhile Clendening has been killing it with his sheltered matchups... but no, we should bench him instead

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
sad part is at this point, we have 3 top 4 defensemen...

somehow, they need to get sheltered matchups...

meanwhile Clendening has been killing it with his sheltered matchups... but no, we should bench him

so you would have done Clendening for Staal or Holden?
I definitely want 42/76 as our steady 2nd pairing

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
so you would have done Clendening for Staal or Holden?
I definitely want 42/76 as our steady 2nd pairing

Clendo has played better than both Staal and Holden. Ideally, Staal AND Girardi shouldn't be playing, but with Klein playing like crap, Staal is your best remaining option. This defense would be much better off like this:

27-42
76-4
18-22 AS A THIRD PAIRING...

Skjei can handle 2nd pairing minutes. He's proven it for half the year. Clendo is fantastic at moving the puck. Their going to have issues in their own end at times, but once the puck is out of danger and re-possessed they can move it up the ice better than anyone else on this team

Holden is what Klein was a year ago... Reliable top 4 guy that can be used as a stop gap for the top pairing, but no more. Ideally he is a #4-5

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
***Response to a post in previous thread that I couldn't use quote feature. (Sorry)

Lots of teams passed on McIlrath, true, but how many times has Glass been waived and no one would take him at no cost either, still AV finds room for garbage. At least DMac DID add actual toughness.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Vigneault is under pretty extreme pressures to perform in the playoffs. He's been given a team with enough talent to make the playoffs. If Staal-Holden falter, it'll be mightily difficult for Vigneault to stone cold stare down at his terrible lineup decisions and continue to roll them. His every move will be analyzed once we get bounced.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Vigneault is under pretty extreme pressures to perform in the playoffs. He's been given a team with enough talent to make the playoffs. If Staal-Holden falter, it'll be mightily difficult for Vigneault to stone cold stare down at his terrible lineup decisions and continue to roll them. His every move will be analyzed once we get bounced.

Dude just signed an extension.

They could get bounced in 4 being outscored 40-1 and he'll have nothing to worry about.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Klein sitting on the bench and Clendening being the 9th defenseman just makes the Smith trade all the more puzzling. Saying that as someone who wanted Smith.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Clendo has played better than both Staal and Holden. Ideally, Staal AND Girardi shouldn't be playing, but with Klein playing like crap, Staal is your best remaining option. This defense would be much better off like this:

27-42
76-4
18-22 AS A THIRD PAIRING...

Skjei can handle 2nd pairing minutes. He's proven it for half the year. Clendo is fantastic at moving the puck. Their going to have issues in their own end at times, but once the puck is out of danger and re-possessed they can move it up the ice better than anyone else on this team

Holden is what Klein was a year ago... Reliable top 4 guy that can be used as a stop gap for the top pairing, but no more. Ideally he is a #4-5

I like Clendo i really do but i think he gets exposed as a top 4 guy in the playoffs.
as a third pairing guy possibly wouldnt be a bad idea.
skjei can definitely handle top 4 minutes and thats why i hope Smith and Skjei get those minutes (5 on 5).

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Dude just signed an extension.

They could get bounced in 4 being outscored 40-1 and he'll have nothing to worry about.

That extension has a lot of us scratching our heads. It came out of the blue as most expected this after the playoffs, so he could be or at least give the appearance of being evaluated. I guess he greased the right palms, so to speak. This team.....:shakehead

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I can't understand the love this board has for McIlrath. 29 other teams could have had him for nothing and passed. Then Florida picks him up because they were a hot mess and he couldn't even get into their lineup. Panthers release him and now he's in the Red Wings minor league system.

29 other teams could have taken Mike Hoffman off waivers too, guess that means everyone was wrong.

There are plenty of guys who go unclaimed on waivers that turn out to be very good or even solid NHL players.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
***Response to a post in previous thread that I couldn't use quote feature. (Sorry)

Lots of teams passed on McIlrath, true, but how many times has Glass been waived and no one would take him at no cost either, still AV finds room for garbage. At least DMac DID add actual toughness.

Since 2007-2008 Glass has played at least 40 NHL games every year except 2008-2009 and this year. Granted 4 of those years were with AV but he played 67 games with Pittsburgh in 2013-14 and played 8 of their 13 playoff games games that year. With Pittsburgh in 2012-13 he played every regular season game of a lockout shortened season and played in 5 out of 15 playoff games. My point is he is not somebody the Rangers just grabbed out of the trash who no team wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->