Serie A 19/20

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I don't think they were being malicious this time around, but oh my do they have poor awareness.

I had to check out what the hell everyone is complaining about. I don't think it was malicious. I hope it wasn't malicious because they got a representative from each team which can really help the league and country. But....Jesus Christ.....lol....... It takes fighting fire with fire to a whole new meaning.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hard to believe anyone thought that was a good idea. Maybe they'll now ask Koulibaly, Lukaku and Balotelli pose with those things in the next games.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lazio score goals in the 93rd and 98th minutes to come back and win 2-1 at Cagliari and stay within 3 pts of leaders Inter/Juve

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If this isn’t malicious what is it then? I’m genuinely asking what was the point of the pictures? It’s hard to fathom.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The artist said that he did it because all of us came from monkeys. I am not defending him at all because I couldn't disagree more with the end result of the project, just saying what his reason was.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
And monkeys are his thing, it's not only related to this particular project. I think it's a bit unfair to doubt his sincerity, just someone involved should have recognized why the end result is problematic.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
If this isn’t malicious what is it then? I’m genuinely asking what was the point of the pictures? It’s hard to fathom.

Milan-born Fugazzotto, described as being "known for his disruptive works," is famous in Italy and almost all his art involves drawings of chimpanzees.
He said he got the idea for the paintings after Napoli's Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly suffered racist insults during a match at Inter Milan last season.
"I got so angry that... I got an idea. Why not stop censoring the word monkey in football but turn the concept around and say instead that in the end we're all apes?" he said.
"Because if we are human beings, monkeys, reincarnated souls, energy or aliens...The important thing is to hear a concept of equality and brotherhood."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/italian...sm-campaign-sparks-controversy-for-ape-images

The artist is cleary just being... an artist. It's up to the league leadership to figure out that maybe it's better to stay away from the monkey theme all together to make sure nothing gets misinterpreted. It just seems like Serie A has no PR department.

Reactions: gary69

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea there’s not much issue with the art being produced in the first place. Artists do that stuff all the time and in a proper context it makes sense.

That proper context isn’t remotely an official say no to racism campaign though.

At some point, multiple people up and down the chain said “yep this looks like a winner” and approved it. That speaks to a far larger issue in Italian society and the FA structure.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Not Italy, we're not all neanderthals; just a ****ing joke of a league and a bunch of "friends of friends" running the gongshow.

Yeah I know. I meant it in terms of football, not as a country/people. Could have worded it better

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The most amazing part of today’s header goal wasn’t even so much the height for me, it was how abnormally long he seems to hang in the air. Humans aren’t supposed to be able to do that. Turns 35 in two months and still has no rivals in the air.

4E218F26-56BD-475F-A89F-158CE7AB70A3.jpeg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The most amazing part of today’s header goal wasn’t even so much the height for me, it was how abnormally long he seems to hang in the air. Humans aren’t supposed to be able to do that. Turns 35 in two months and still has no rivals in the air.

View attachment 294301

Reminiscent of the goal he scored against United. His hang time is just ridiculous.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ronaldo was in the air for literally a second. How high he got and how he stuck with the ball despite his body starting to go horizontal are the impressive parts, especially the latter. The hang time though is being overplayed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad