Serie A 19/20

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Juve is still the best team on paper by far.

Napoli has no chance IMO.
I think Inter will be the only threat because of Conte.

Btw did Lozano sign with Napoli or the rumors have died?

Reactions: Cassano

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Would be awesome to see Napoli win but it won’t happen. Juve is still too strong. What I would like to see instead is a good strong Champions league run and maybe win the Copa.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Official: Palermo out of Serie B

Palermo must start again in the non-League after their place in Serie B was officially taken by Venezia.
The FIGC’s Federal Council confirmed the ruling on Friday, following on from considerations by the federation’s supervisory committee.
The official reason for the council’s decision is ‘administrative non-compliance’ on the part of the Rosanero.
Taking their place in the second tier is Venezia, who have been reinstated after their relegation to Serie C last season.
The Sicilians will now be forced to start again in Serie D, with possibly Sampdoria owner Massimo Ferrero behind them.

Palermo players turn on club

Palermo’s players claim they have not been paid as Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero admits he is keeping an eye on the situation.
Palermo look like starting again in Serie D with new owners after they failed to register in time for the second tier next season and claimed to have been defrauded by fake brokers of a Bulgarian insurance company.
However, the squad made it clear at a Press conference on Thursday that they had no sympathy for Arkus Network, which only bought the embattled club a month ago.
“From today, us players will use every appropriate means to protect ourselves and receive what’s in our rights, ready to keep fighting an ethical battle too so that anyone who enters the world of football can no longer play with the lives of so many families.
“We’ll ensure that Arkus Network and its related parties no longer have the chance to do again what they’re doing to us, whether they are sportsmen or ordinary people.
“Following this regrettable and disheartening sequence of events, during which an entire city was deceived, wounding a splendid fan base and the passion that the people of Palermo have for their team, us Palermo players want to show our solidarity to all the employees who gave their souls to their club and now find themselves out of a job, from the administrative employees and kit men to the groundsmen and every person who allowed Palermo to exist.
“Today, not even us players have been recognised as having the right to work. The payment of our salaries has been skipped and the bank transfers have never arrived; all accompanied by Press conferences where documents were exhibited but then not reflected as facts, during a time when those who created this situation have lost their credibility.
“It’s been two months of unfulfilled promises and objectives not being met.”
Ferrero, meanwhile, has been put forward as an unlikely saviour of the Rosanero...
“I really love the city of Palermo, I’m very attached to it,” he told reporters.
“I’ve shot my best films here. Many of my productions have been shot in this city and I’d like to come back.
“Now I’m awaiting further developments.”

Serie B: Palermo fans protest bankruptcy

Palermo are heading towards bankruptcy and Serie D, as fans stage protests and the club directors sneak out the back door after postponing a meeting.
The situation is dire, as the club failed to register for the 2019-20 Serie B season, missing the deadline for paperwork proving their financial stability.
Incredibly, the Rosanero directors said they had been “defrauded” by a fake broker who told them he was dealing with a Bulgarian insurance company to act as guarantor.
“It’s a very simple decision, we will apply the rules,” declared FIGC President Gabriele Gravina. “There can be no extensions.”
Time is running out and owners Arkus Network seem to be no closer to a solution, as today’s Board of Directors meeting was first adjourned and then postponed until tomorrow afternoon.
Fans gathered outside the Stadio Barbera offices to protest and when news filtered through that the club directors had snuck out of a back entrance after cancelling the meeting, an explosive device was thrown, damaging a nearby parked car.
Meanwhile, Mayor of Palermo Leoluca Orlando has called a Press conference for Thursday at 14.30 UK time (13.30 GMT) to discuss the situation.
If Palermo do not register for Serie B, the club will go bankrupt and be forced to begin again as a new entity from Serie D.

It's truly sad because they were once a great team.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Sadly, Bologna's coach Mihajlovic announced he will be starting chemo due to leukemia. He will continue to be Bologna's coach. I hope he fights it because I had to watch one of my close family members go through the exact same thing.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Good Ol' Days.

BJh9QhD.jpg

vHIOerc.jpg

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Sadly, Bologna's coach Mihajlovic announced he will be starting chemo due to leukemia. He will continue to be Bologna's coach. I hope he fights it because I had to watch one of my close family members go through the exact same thing.
Sad indeed. Such a deadly left foot as a player.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That video of Higuain "running" during a recent training session with Juventus :laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ah. Didn't see that thread (or rather never clicked on it).

I honestly don't know what I would have done if I was the manager or some sort of director at Juventus. That is not an acceptable condition to be in for what should have been a top level athlete. If he wasn't a high level expensive player he would have been kicked out of the club right away.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Ah. Didn't see that thread (or rather never clicked on it).

I honestly don't know what I would have done if I was the manager or some sort of director at Juventus. That is not an acceptable condition to be in for what should have been a top level athlete. If he wasn't a high level expensive player he would have been kicked out of the club right away.

He should be ashamed with himself. To think, Ronaldo is 3 years older than him. Just think about that.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Serie A kicks off tomorrow at 12 between Juventus vs Parma and Fiorentina vs Napoli at 2:45.

Sarri will miss his first two games, maybe more due to a pneumonia diagnosed last week.

Dump and Chase Demon

Sep 14, 2018
Sweden
Can someone explain why a club like Inter is interested to sign Alexis Sanchez? No disrespect but he as not been the player he used to be for two years now, probably slowed down by age/heavy physical toll from playstyle/injuries, plus he is very costly. In other words I just don't see how aquiring Sanchez helps in any way to compete for the top of the Serie A table...

Juve

May 13, 2011
Jesus Christ!!! Appereantly, De Scigilio, Khedria, Matiudi and Higuain are starting. :help:

I know Sarri is not coaching but AM can't be that insane.​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->