#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah. I mean I could see him staying, just got married, has a kid, back in Ontario. FOr a guy who left here because he wants "playoff hockey" it would be weird though.

But the same time I don't really get a winners vibe from him so.
I think we already know by now that it wasn't the main reason.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Having 64 million guaranteed dollars in front of you with a brand new kid and presumably more on the way eventually is tough to say no to. He's got the opportunity to secure his future, his kids' future, and probably his grandkids' future with that sort of money -- if invested properly -- while staying sort of close to home. I wouldn't blame Duchene in the slightest if he decided to take that deal. I could also see having a kid shifting his perspective on his priorities.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dunno, I dont think money will be a factor. I mean the dude is after already making over $40M already. Even after taxes he's got at least $20M at this point. He's already secured his future, his kids future, and his grandkids future.

I cant see him staying in Ottawa with the disaster situation that franchise is in right now.

Reactions: Barklez

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Having 64 million guaranteed dollars in front of you with a brand new kid and presumably more on the way eventually is tough to say no to. He's got the opportunity to secure his future, his kids' future, and probably his grandkids' future with that sort of money -- if invested properly -- while staying sort of close to home. I wouldn't blame Duchene in the slightest if he decided to take that deal. I could also see having a kid shifting his perspective on his priorities.

Also for some reason he comes across as a guy who likes to be "the man" and he'd be the 1C in Ottawa for a few more years at the very least.

Reactions: klozge

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Besides, by the time Duchene has grandkids there won't even be money. It'll all be crypto currency and VR cash.

By then slaves and bullets will be used as currency. Sorry grandkids.

tVw63DN.jpg

James G

Jan 1, 2018

Cash is king. Guaranteed money trumps alot of hopes/dreams especially if you are close to home IMO. I guess we’ll see it’s that his opinion soon if the offer is real.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene can easily get $7M for seven years from a team ready to contend this summer. It's not like he's leaving life changing money on the table if he chooses to go that route.

Reactions: Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Duchene can easily get $7M for seven years from a team ready to contend this summer. It's not like he's leaving life changing money on the table if he chooses to go that route.

Sounds about right for what Colorado would pay him.

Something all you mofos probably don't know? The wife's family is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important (if it is normal and not f***ed) than the males when it comes to kids. The wife is the one who needs all of the support and shoulders to cry on while the male is working. Or even if she works, she cries even more, so she needs people she is closest too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Something all you mofos probably don't know? The wife's family is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important (if it is normal and not ****ed) than the males when it comes to kids. The wife is the one who needs all of the support and shoulders to cry on while the male is working. Or even if she works, she cries even more, so she needs people she is closest too.
I laughed so hard reading this lol

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Did I step into a wormhole that transported me to the 1940s?

Well I did include the wife working, and by working I mean a job, not taking care of the kids and doing your laundry. (Which is basically like working in El Salvador or where ever Nike makes their shit)

I laughed so hard reading this lol

That was the idea, glad you enjoyed it lol. Reality sometimes makes for the best jokes.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007

Something all you mofos probably don't know? The wife's family is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important (if it is normal and not ****ed) than the males when it comes to kids. The wife is the one who needs all of the support and shoulders to cry on while the male is working. Or even if she works, she cries even more, so she needs people she is closest too.
ROFL. That is the funniest thing I have read in a loong time.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
ROFL. That is the funniest thing I have read in a loong time.

It is why I have to live in Deadthing territory instead of a great city like Seattle where I met said women, and my family is.

Wife runs away from MI to Seattle, meets boy, they try Tampa FL (while keeping house in Seattle), and don't like it, pop out two kids (must sell house in Seattle to afford two kids), and end up living in MI PERMANENTLY.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Cobra been hitting the liquor cabinet tonight.

I think I'm more amusing that way, but also quite a bit more violent in my posting style. Which leads to being more amusing. o_O

I think everyone has learned not to hold me accountable for what I post between like 1AM EST, and about 12PM EST.

What scares me most is both of my kids becoming Deathings fans. I mean imagine the amount of work it is going to take to balance turning both of them against my wife during their phases of hating her at different times. I mean I'm not sure I'll have the intelligence in another 10 years with my alcohol logged mind.

I guess at least it will make corporal punishment easier on the conscience.

Last edited:

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I'm not sure what to root for, for him to accept the deal and stay out of Central, or for him to get traded so the Sens pick is higher this year.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

He will get the same offer from anyone who trades for him and he will play for a better team.

Ottawa is a huge mess, not just the team but owner and management. No way he is staying.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah. I mean I could see him staying, just got married, has a kid, back in Ontario. FOr a guy who left here because he wants "playoff hockey" it would be weird though.

But at the same time I don't really get a winners vibe from him so.
Half his family, and a lot of his friends are from Colorado. He owns a house in Colorado.

Signing with Ottawa means he won't be able to consider any other offers. Odds are high that he can get similar money on a much better team. I doubt he signs.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm not sure what to root for, for him to accept the deal and stay out of Central, or for him to get traded so the Sens pick is higher this year.
Him being traded instead of signing is much better for our draft chances. They won't be trading him for anything but futures and picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad