#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We just have to accept that the Senators aren't falling down the standings any time soon, with the run that they're on. I expect the pick to be in the 20-25 overall region.
They were in last like 2 days ago and are 2 points out of last right now.

There's 34 games left. You can't realistically "expect" anything, because no one knows what they are going to do at the deadline.

Duchene / Stone signing deals is a much different team than Ottawa is without them.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They were in last like 2 days ago and are 2 points out of last right now.

There's 34 games left. You can't realistically "expect" anything, because no one knows what they are going to do at the deadline.

Duchene / Stone signing deals is a much different team than Ottawa is without them.
If you actually paid attention to how they are playing you’d see they are playing much better lately. Where they were, doesn’t mean jack shit as to where they are going to be.

Props to them for taking advantage of the poor teams they played during the last stretch of games, God knows we didn’t. Lately they haven’t been playing fire wagon hockey, but have rather found a nice balance between an offensive minded quick strike approach and a rigid defensive structure that Boucher is known for.

They are a fun team to watch.

Reactions: klozge

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If you actually paid attention to how they are playing you’d see they are playing much better lately. Where they were, doesn’t mean jack **** as to where they are going to be.

Props to them for taking advantage of the poor teams they played during the last stretch of games, God knows we didn’t. Lately they haven’t been playing fire wagon hockey, but have rather found a nice balance between an offensive minded quick strike approach and a rigid defensive structure that Boucher is known for.

They are a fun team to watch.
I have paid attention. My point is no one can expect them to do anything, because they could go 2 different ways.

Anyways I hope they trade Duchene and Stone for max value, end up in the bottom 3, and rebuild that team with a young core that can be competitive sooner than later.

Signing Duchene and Stone might actually hurt them in the long run.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
People are way too bipolar about this pick based on small sample sizes. The Sens have the worst CF%, SA, GA, and are still top 5 in shooting percentage which has been keeping them afloat all year. I said they were going to finish bottom 3 at the start of the year, when they were playing great at the start of the season, when they were going through their big skid, and am still saying it now.

This is a team that on paper is unarguably bottom 3 talent wise and they have been playing like it all year. Not at all worried about them winning a large amount of games the rest of the season. Just enjoy the ride as it’s it’s generally only once every decade a team trades away a lottery pick, which I really think it’s going to end up being when it’s all said and done.

Reactions: McMetal

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Nice thing is we are less than 2 weeks away from finding out how many Sens are officially for sale.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's OK for the Blues to win this game but they need to start losing more regularly after this one. I don't want to fight them for a wildcard spot.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
Believe what you want, the Sens can still make the playoffs.
15 points out of the last spot, 4-5-1 in their last 10, probable sellers at the deadline. Playoffs!

Attachments

• AjarGlitteringAngora-size_restricted.gif
    AjarGlitteringAngora-size_restricted.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: RareDangles

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Bonuses, lockout protection, and no-movements are going to be the keys here. Assuming Duchene and Stone honesty have any intention of staying to begin with.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sens are stingy and all but that must be a fair offer because 8 X 8 wouldn't make me comfortable for Duchene.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If the numbers are out it's probably not a good sign for the Sens.
Yeah. I mean I could see him staying, just got married, has a kid, back in Ontario. FOr a guy who left here because he wants "playoff hockey" it would be weird though.

But at the same time I don't really get a winners vibe from him so.

Reactions: klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad