#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Such a shame I missed what few fans the biggest clownshow currently in the league still has trying to act superior

Although Muffin's post is as good a rebuttal as any, and I got a laugh from the (title of the) main board thread

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Time to make an Avs playoff watch thread on our board and root for them to lose :D
It's like they don't realize how we do has absolutely no effect on them but we have every reason to want them to lose :laugh:
It's like they think they have our 1st round pick or something. It's not like we're an old team that has to make the playoffs, we have Makar and their 1st coming up next year.

It's funny that we have a better current team and a better future than them, even though I think at least 25 teams in the league can make that claim.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's like they don't realize how we do has absolutely no effect on them but we have every reason to want them to lose :laugh:
It's like they think they have our 1st round pick or something. It's not like we're an old team that has to make the playoffs, we have Makar and their 1st coming up next year.

It's funny that we have a better current team and a better future than them, even though I think at least 25 teams in the league can make that claim.

Did you just pull my quote from the Sens board and put it in here? :laugh: It was a joke, you seriously need to lighten up about everything it was some ribbing. It's why I use the damn smiley's I dont even like using.

The funny thing is I am pretty sure I am in this thread from a couple months ago chatting cordially with Avs fans. Chill out and enjoy your bright future!

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Did you just pull my quote from the Sens board and put it in here? :laugh: It was a joke, you seriously need to lighten up about everything it was some ribbing. It's why I use the damn smiley's I dont even like using.

The funny thing is I am pretty sure I am in this thread from a couple months ago chatting cordially with Avs fans. Chill out and enjoy your bright future!
I don't know it seems most of your fan base is pretty triggerrd by the existence of this thread. :laugh:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Don't tell us to enjoy our bright future!
We'll hate on it -- or anything else -- with or without reason, should we choose to do so!
We Are Fans!!!

:fight:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't know it seems most of your fan base is pretty triggerrd by the existence of this thread. :laugh:

We were "triggered" (an absurd term to be quite frank) when Caps fans did the same. It's their prerogative to rub our noses in our current misery if they chose to do so. I wouldn't do it since we're far away from a curtain call but to each their own.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We were "triggered" (an absurd term to be quite frank) when Caps fans did the same. It's their prerogative to rub our noses in our current misery if they chose to do so. I wouldn't do it since we're far away from a curtain call but to each their own.
We were keeping it to our own board all season but if they're going to the main boards making **** on the Avs threads then gloves are off :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I don't know, some fans want us to obviously finish high and not give away a top pick. I am a bit of the opposite I would be fine with the Avs getting #1 overall just to show what doofuses are in charge of this organization. However, I still root for the team to win hockey games night in and out.

It kind of all hinges on if Duchene and Stone finish out the year here or not. If they do, I think we're actually going to climb the standings, I underestimated how many crappy teams are in the league this season and I can see them hopping some teams with a healthy Pageau and Anderson. If they do leave, they are definitely going to crash and burn to finish the season.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Who gives a ****? If that makes them feel better they can go wild. No skin of our teeth and it doesn't change a damn thing about anything that matters.

94dts.gif

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Did anyone else notice the Sens have a thread on their board for the SJ pick they recieved, while actively complaining about our thread for the Ottawa pick we recieved.
Yeah the double standards are laughable. Any fanbase would be going wild if they had the 1st round pick of a bottom feeder.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sucks that the Avs lost out on a prime opportunity last night but it’s really hard to beat the same team in the NHL two times in a row. Doesn’t matter if you’re similar caliber teams or not. If you beat another team, they very thoroughly review the reasons why on tape and do everything they can to patch those very mistakes next game.

0 points for us, 2 for the Sens. It sucks but we’re still in a playoff spot while they’re a point away from last place in the entire NHL as we own their pick.

It’s alright.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Does dorion actually know that he's been able to negotiate an extension with Duchene since July 1st, 2018?
:facepalm:

If dorion is so ridiculously abysmal as to allow Duchene and Stone to walk-away only 1 year after garth snow did the exact same thing with Tavares then I don't know what to think. That team will never be good as long as he's affiliated with them.

I told Islanders fans how this would play out last March and it's easy to read the tea leaves :
Speculation: - Where does Tavares end up??

In my book, it's the same thing with Stone and Duchene but the big difference is that the TDL hasn't passed YET. The Senators still have a chance to get good hauls for both of those guys. I don't think Sens fans should kid themselves though...if neither guy is signed and the TDL passes BOTH those guys are walking. (because you don't put a team that you want to play for - for years and years and years - in that kind of position, if your intent is to stay there)

In fact, dorion should be getting the best deal for both those guys regardless AND telling them that their plan is to try and sign them on July 1st. If they agree, then you get the best of both worlds : you got the haul + the player long-term. If they don't want to come back, then at least you got the haul. Letting them walk away for nothing should be a non-option.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's not all on Dorion. He deserves a lion's share of the blame and no one was holding a gun to his head when he took on the job, but we should all be more appreciative of the stellar job Bryan Murray was doing when he was the GM. Dude was trying to ice a competitive team on a tight budget while also keeping his temperamental, impulsive, cheapskate boss from ruining everything. AND he was accomplishing all of this all while he was dying of cancer.

Anyway, I really don't know how much autonomy Dorion has at this point, or if he ever had much to begin with. It only excuses so much, but Melnyk is the true villain in Ottawa.

I hope the Avs consider bringing him aboard (preferably with Billington getting the boot) as I think he's a fantastic evaluator of talent. But maybe not ideally suited to be the GM. I ranked the GMs 1-31 not that long ago before the season started and...I'd like to re-do that one. I wouldn't have ranked Dorion dead last this time around. I think Bob Murray, Peter Chiarelli, and Doug Armstrong are all worse.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
It's not all on Dorion. He deserves a lion's share of the blame and no one was holding a gun to his head when he took on the job, but we should all be more appreciative of the stellar job Bryan Murray was doing when he was the GM. Dude was trying to ice a competitive team on a tight budget while also keeping his temperamental, impulsive, cheapskate boss from ruining everything. AND he was accomplishing all of this all while he was dying of cancer.

Anyway, I really don't know how much autonomy Dorion has at this point, or if he ever had much to begin with. It only excuses so much, but Melnyk is the true villain in Ottawa.

I hope the Avs consider bringing him aboard (preferably with Billington getting the boot) as I think he's a fantastic evaluator of talent. But maybe not ideally suited to be the GM. I ranked the GMs 1-31 not that long ago before the season started and...I'd like to re-do that one. I wouldn't have ranked Dorion dead last this time around. I think Bob Murray, Peter Chiarelli, and Doug Armstrong are all worse.
This would actually be awesome.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope the Avs consider bringing him aboard (preferably with Billington getting the boot) as I think he's a fantastic evaluator of talent.

IMO he's the best in the league bar none. Statistically he's also probably the best in the league. He's doing pretty much all the job by himself in Ottawa and look at his success rate with prospects.

It would never happen but can you imagine what Pierre Dorion replacing Alan Hepple could do to this org? I honestly think Dorion and Sakic would make a fantastic duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad