#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Trying to imagine the scenario where Dutchy and Stone gets traded within the division since neither one of them are coming here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Nope. As I've maintained and as someone else already posted, he's a decent stand-in 2C, but he's not a legit shutdown center. He's not best served in a 3C role, no matter how much Bednar fervently believes he is.

O'Reilly was just plain too good for the role. Nikolishin and Laperriere were decent stand-ins but weren't the answer long-term, and the less said about Tyler Arnason, the better.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Um, yeah he was. In fact he was the definitive 3C in the "dead puck era." He was the 3C the entire time he was with the Avalanche. Are you seriously not remembering correctly???
I think 3C's are more like Soda these days and less like Yelle. They must drive their line offensively, not just be a shutdown guy. Pageau IMO is currently the best 3C in the game.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think 3C's are more like Soda these days and less like Yelle. They must contribute offensively, not just be a shutdown guy. Pageau IMO is currently the best 3C in the game.

Agreed, but back in the day Yelle was the perfect 3C. I'd argue he'd have been a little more offensive, and was actually more productive when he had linemates like Ricci and Keane, but during some of those "prime" years he was saddled with guys who were decent defensively (Shjon Podein and the king of shot blocking, Eric Messier) but couldn't score to save their lives. And really, when your top two centers were Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg you probably didn't need to score a whole lot.

I think the best line talent-wise he ever centered was a then-rookie Chris Drury and Shean Donovan. They actually reunited that line briefly when all three players ended up in Calgary.

Reactions: Balthazar

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Trying to imagine the scenario where Dutchy and Stone gets traded within the division since neither one of them are coming here.
In all likelihood, Dorion will make sure they both end up in the Central just for revenge.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Good for Matt. Especially good for us if she takes her time and he misses the game tomorrow and/or Thursday.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
In all likelihood, Dorion will make sure they both end up in the Central just for revenge.
If Dorian is smart, he'll try and trade them with signing agreements to get the max value for them. He's not, so who knows

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Dorian is smart, he'll try and trade them with signing agreements to get the max value for them. He's not, so who knows

He waited too long. These guys are UFAs in less than six months and can have the vast majority of the league coming to them.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He waited too long. These guys are UFAs in less than six months and can have the vast majority of the league coming to them.
Probbaly. I see Duchene ending up in Nashville regardless. Stone hopefully stays out of the central

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Looks Ottawa is going to win another in which they trailed early and were badly outshot. I have to give them credit, they don't quit and give maximum effort.

I don't believe that the Ottaw pick will be top-5 when it is all said and done.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Looks Ottawa is going to win another in which they trailed early and were badly outshot. I have to give them credit, they don't quit and give maximum effort.

I don't believe that the Ottaw pick will be top-5 when it is all said and done.
It would still be funny if they arent the worst team in the standings in the end but somehow manage to "win" the lottery haha.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Another bad day to be an AVS fan. Ottawa, Minni and the Oilers winning - things are getting close now in the standings.

Kudos to Ottawa for not quitting. Bad for our pick of course but you have to respect the effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad