I hope those aren't florescent lights

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean.... I like Pageau, too, but Stone >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pageau lol

Well....yeah, no one was saying he wasn't. It just depends on whether you want the unattainable girl in the high school movie who ends up stiffing the hero for the popular rich douchebag senior, or the one who's not obviously hot in the beginning of the film but then she takes off her glasses and, hey, not bad!

What...?

What exactly are we paying for That guy with that long ass name? What are we tagging him at for an extension? **** if we need more mid level roster players.

I've no idea if Ottawa's even interested in moving him. If I were Dorion he'd be one of the guys I'd keep and build around. He'd be an improvement defensively over anyone else in the current forward ranks, and his offense isn't half-bad either. He's also only 26 so he's pretty much in his prime. The only "knock" on him is his size. I know it sounds absolutely moronic but it's Ottawa we're talking about so if they'd take a package centered around Andrighetto, Wilson, or both, with some lower-round picks/prospects going along with, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Again, that's just going off what Ottawa has done before when they demanded "NHL players" in return for any trade instead of all-futures and got frickin' Mikkel Boedker.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If the Blues and Flyers could go to overtime that would be fantastic.

Also (no idea how reputable he is but he's with TSN):

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well....yeah, no one was saying he wasn't. It just depends on whether you want the unattainable girl in the high school movie who ends up stiffing the hero for the popular rich *****ebag senior, or the one who's not obviously hot in the beginning of the film but then she takes off her glasses and, hey, not bad!

I've no idea if Ottawa's even interested in moving him. If I were Dorion he'd be one of the guys I'd keep and build around. He'd be an improvement defensively over anyone else in the current forward ranks, and his offense isn't half-bad either. He's also only 26 so he's pretty much in his prime. The only "knock" on him is his size. I know it sounds absolutely moronic but it's Ottawa we're talking about so if they'd take a package centered around Andrighetto, Wilson, or both, with some lower-round picks/prospects going along with, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Again, that's just going off what Ottawa has done before when they demanded "NHL players" in return for any trade instead of all-futures and got frickin' Mikkel Boedker.

I just don't see the money being there for another one of those players. They might be able to make it work, but they'd need to get rid of Neato and Calvert and replace them with ELCs. Trim the fat so to speak, and we don't have a lot to trim.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Also:

Duchene signing an extension makes zero sense. I would be shocked if he did. Same with Stone. Ottawa is going to be forced to trade them for assets.

Best case scenario for Ottawa, is if they can trade them with signing agreements to increase their value.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Also (no idea how reputable he is but he's with TSN):

Pretty sure that's the guy who announced twice that Karlsson had been traded in like August.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I didn't know Pageau had that many big fans. I think he's a good 3C but not someone you want as your permanent 2C. A bit of a tweener IMO and the Avs have a few of those who they're currently trying to develop. He'd help and I'd certainly take him if he was relatively cheap but I'd still prefer the Avs throw their assets and money at a different player on the Sens.

They don't have anyone up front as good defensively as JGP to be honest, and one thing they're seriously lacking right now is someone to really stabilize and solidify the lineup beyond the Big Three.

I don't want to get into it too much as I don't think the Sens are remotely interested in moving him, just saying if there was a guy on that roster who *might* be available who checks a lot of boxes for the Avs and won't cost the same as a Mark Stone, it'd be Pageau.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They don't have anyone up front as good defensively as JGP to be honest, and one thing they're seriously lacking right now is someone to really stabilize and solidify the lineup beyond the Big Three.

I don't want to get into it too much as I don't think the Sens are remotely interested in moving him, just saying if there was a guy on that roster who *might* be available who checks a lot of boxes for the Avs and won't cost the same as a Mark Stone, it'd be Pageau.

I actually agree with all of this and I like Pageau. He's better than all of the current 2C options. I think Compher and maybe Bowers have that two-way 3C potential but that's not a sure thing. I'd just prefer to go big with a legit 2C or an elite two-way winger like Stone.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I actually agree with all of this and I like Pageau. He's better than all of the current 2C options. I think Compher and maybe Bowers have that two-way 3C potential but that's not a sure thing. I'd just prefer to go big with a legit 2C or an elite two-way winger like Stone.

When the trade happened, Sens fans thought Bowers was a 3rd liner at best. Some fans are now considering Bowers could reach top 6 potential after his recent play.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
When the trade happened, Sens fans thought Bowers was a 3rd liner at best. Some fans are now considering Bowers could reach top 6 potential after his recent play.
I keep hearing 3rd line center. Usually players are described that way, for being great defensively. If he can produce consistently, he could challenge for the 2c position. We don't currently have one, so he certainly has a shot next year.

At the same time, I can't see Sakic starting next season without the second line figured out. Whether we draft a top C and he makes it on the team, or we trade/sign one.

Soderberg is our 3c, and is under contract next year, so Bowers could potentially make the team as a 4c/3w.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I realistically believe Bowers is likely playing 3C or 4C, due to his scoring inconsistencies. This is not a knock on his abilities, but the growing depth of the AVs.

Here are my projected Centres:

Mackinnon
Sens Pick or UFA Signing or Trade
Jost or Compher or Kerfoot
Kamenev or Saigeon or Bowers

To fit as many players as possible, some will move to Wing. He might play on the 2nd or 3rd lines similar to the WJC as a Winger. I just don’t see a future beyond a bottom Centre.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bowers' ceiling is that of a #2C, so it is unlikely he reaches that... but I'd say out of any prospect in the pool or on the team, I'd give him the best shot at being that #2C long-term.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm fine with him becoming a good 3rd line C for the Avs. In fact I'd be thrilled, because it addresses a need the Avs haven't really addressed for a VERY long time. The Avs haven't had a good legit 3rd line C since Stephane Yelle TBH. A guy who can play that shutdown role and provide some scoring depth, but above all some real solidity to the lineup so we're not seeing constant rotation/experimentation.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm fine with him becoming a good 3rd line C for the Avs. In fact I'd be thrilled, because it addresses a need the Avs haven't really addressed for a VERY long time. The Avs haven't had a good legit 3rd line C since Stephane Yelle TBH. A guy who can play that shutdown role and provide some scoring depth, but above all some real solidity to the lineup so we're not seeing constant rotation/experimentation.
Soda?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think that Stephane Yelle was ever a 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad